Riot Games

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Development Manager Interview

Senior Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Riot Games.

Interview Details – Recruiting coordinator was amazingly organized and on the ball, made the whole experience less stressful and easy to navigate. I never went more than 2 days without hearing from her throughout the whole process.
Interview process involved two telephone interviews (each about an hour) then an all day onsite from 11am to 6pm. Everything was very well scheduled and ran like clockwork.

The all day on site is very tiring and you need to be well prepped not just in your own skills and experience but in Riot culture, company history and the game. Each person had a specific area they were tasked with interviewing me about (Process, Problem Solving, Creative management, Coaching/Mentoring etc) and this worked well so I didn't feel like I was just repeating myself over and over with each interviewer. They do interview just one at a time, different than I have been used to in the past with panel interviews. I felt this worked much better. Everyone was extremely professional, made me sweat a few times but with good intelligent questions so I felt like they were able to get a good picture of who I was and capable of by the end of the day. Lunch was an additional interview just in a more casual setting.
Culture fit is extremely important to Riot and they will reject people with a lot of experience if they feel they are a bad culture fit. They take the Riot Manifesto seriously and want each employee to embody it.
At the end I was given direct feedback by the hiring manager which was a good way to end the day and I left feeling that I had met a great and intelligent group of people at an exciting growing company that I very much wanted to work with. I knew what was going to happen next and by when, and this is exactly what happened. The final step was to meet with either the CEO or President which was a phone interview for me and quickly after this I was informed by the hiring manager I would be receiving an offer.

Interview Question – "What will you be having for breakfast in 3 years"
Riot used to be infamous for asking odd questions in interviews, expect some off the wall comments and questions.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For the first time in my entire career they didn't low ball me and treated me like a professional. No negotiation needed. Was a great experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Riot Games

Worked for Riot Games? Contribute to the Community!

Riot Games – Why Work for Us?

We aspire to be the most player-focused game company in the world. Riot Games was established in 2006 by a couple of entrepreneurial gamers who believe player-focused game development can result in awesome games. In… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Riot Games Senior Development Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Riot Games employees and interview candidates.