Rise Interactive

Rise Interactive Internet Marketing Consultant Interview Questions

2.8

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rise Interactive.

Applied online and was prompted to take the pre-screening exam. The exam was 30 questions with an hour time limit - consisted mainly of basic algebra disguised as Internet Marketing word problems. I passed and was told they'd be in contact within three days. Two days later they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The first half of the phone interview was about my back ground and interests. The second half was made up of questions I was not anticipating so I was caught off guard. One very specific question about excel really bummed me out because I knew how to do what she was asking but I couldn't describe how to do it without having excel in front of me. The HR rep was very professional and even though I got rejected they provided me with quite a few resources to check out.

Interview Questions
  • What function would you use to combine two sets of data?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Rise Interactive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rise Interactive in June 2012.

phone interview and 2 in-person interviews
    they were pretty basic and everyone was friendly

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rise Interactive in October 2011.

I took a test on excel & wrote a letter to the clients. It was fairly easy but was a little weird with the format to use formulas. I would suggest using formulas though, its a lot faster.

I passed that and had a phone interview.

They asked basic questions about my background and were interested in which of their products I was most interested in working with. I followed up a few days after the interview by asking another question. They answered as if I was a new applicant so I guess I didn't make the best impression and I also noticed they barely read my email, haha.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Rise Interactive in September 2011.

I initially took an aptitude test as my first screening round which they give you an hour to complete. I was expecting a personality test or something basic, but it was basically a whole bunch of advertising and math equations. If you're good at algebra, you're fine, but it took me way too long to figure out how simple it actually was, so I took the entire hour to the minute.

It took them about 10 days to offer me a phone interview, which I was really excited for and extremely prepared. Once talking to the recruiter, it was as if she was reading off of a script. She flushed through the "company description" in a really bored and unenthusiastic tone. Didn't she know she had to sell the company to me? Then, she asked me the same question twice, just rephrasing it. It was as if she couldn't remember if she had already asked it, so she just asked it again.

Overall, the interview was awkward and uncomfortable. Because of this, I ultimately decided to withdrawal from the application process.

Be prepared for UNDERprepared recruiters, and don't be afraid to ask questions, because if you think they are being confusing, THEY ARE!

Interview Questions
    • What about the position interests you the most?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Rise Interactive in August 2011.

I submitted my resume to Rise via Doostang and was emailed back asking to schedule a time to take a skills test that consisted of solving problems on an Excel spreadsheet and writing a letter with certain guidelines. It was a fairly straight forward exam, and they give you an hour to complete it. After that, HR emailed me and we scheduled an interview in their Chicago office.

I showed up a bit early, and the general atmosphere of the place was fairly busy. Most of the people working here seem to be in their 20's or early 30's, and it definitely has a youthful feel to the place. I ended up interviewing with five different people, and most of the questions were just common get-to-know-you questions to determine whether or not I was a good fit for the company. There was one process detail question thrown in, and after the interview they said I'd hear from them in a week or so.

It took about 10 days for them to get back to me, and we scheduled a phone interview that took place about three weeks after my in-person interview. About two weeks after that, I got an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rise Interactive in August 2011.

I took an analytically test that was emailed to me, and was told I did well. It was mathematical in nature, and designed to gauge a candidate's aptitude with numbers with regards to online marketing formulas.

After I was told that I passed, I called them to arrange a 1 on 1 interview. It was just 30 minutes long, and wasn't very in depth. I was under the impression that her mind was made up before the interview, and had her hire in mind already from a previous interview. Seemed to be going through the motions to get it over with. I had arrived 30 minutes early, and was taken into my interview almost immediately. Never experienced that before, and found it quite odd.

Even though I have over 6 years experience (and counting) in field for which I was interviewing for , (unless you're between the ages of 22-29 don't bother applying), I didn't get the job. The atmosphere seemed very collegial in nature, and based on my research from people in the industry, this is the type of place get their initial experience, eventually parlaying into a job at a larger firm. That's not a knock on Rise, as it is what it is, however it smacks of ageism in my opinion.

While the people seemed polite enough, based on what they were looking for in a candidate, I have little doubt that because I'm on the better side of 35, that I am too old for their liking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took a weekinterviewed at Rise Interactive in August 2011.

It was a pretty fair interview. They emailed an assessment test to me which consisted of a writing a welcome email along with some math questions. You're allotted an hour to do both (the math portion is 3 parts, though the first part is simple multiplication and division). After that, they called me in for an in person interview. The recruiter asked some basic questions (what do you know about the company, why Rise, tell me about yourself). The only slightly annoying part of this was that these questions were rather basic screener questions that normally are handled over the phone. Additionally, the recruiter did not give me the best understanding of the position itself. They do get back to you within the amount of time they stated which was very appreciated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rise Interactive in August 2011.

I applied by responding to an ad on Craiglist. A couple of days later I received an email from an HR representative asking for my availability to complete an one hour long skills assessment. We set up a time after a few email exchanges.

The exam was pretty straightforward - you have an hour to complete a test which includes basic algebra calculations, data analysis and drafting a letter welcoming a new client.
    The day after the exam, I was told that the next step would be an in-person interview. I set up a time for this. I arrived to their offices right on schedule, and had to wait around 10 minutes for the recruiter to come out and greet me. The interview consisted mainly of me asking the recruiter questions about the company, with very little of her asking about my experience, skills or qualifications. She would occasionally chime in with additional details or simple follow up questions. But for the most part, I was driving the interview with my questions. The internal recruiter did not seem very interested as she kept checking her phone when alerts came in and yawning during the interview.

I was told that the next step would be to come in and meet the rest of the team. I did not hear back from them until over a week after the interview and what I received was a very nice rejection email. It was a bit off-putting as I was told that my assessment scores were very high.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in the online marketing field?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rise Interactive in June 2011.

An analytical skills test was emailed to me. The time limit was 1 hour and it took approximately 50 minutes to complete. I was contacted a couple of days later and scheduled an interview time. The interview began exactly at the scheduled time and ran for around an hour. Over the course of the interview I spoke with four people in various levels within the company. Everyone was cordial and professional throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • There were no especially difficult or unexpected questions asked.   Answer Question
    They were fair set on the salary and benefits package to be offered, but I considered the salary too low. A negotiation took place and I was able to achieve a more satisfactory level of compensation.

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rise Interactive in June 2011.

Gave me a simple skills test. Timed. Half excel, half written. Nothing that should be too hard for anyone who knows what they are doing.

The phone interview went well, but the perception I got a relatively positive reception and there was some excitement going forward about the next step, flying me to Chicago. To my surprise, I received a rejection letter the following Monday. If your going to offer to move on to the next step to my face, then turn around and reject me viva email a business day later, that's grounds for disrespect.

Interview Questions
    • Asked a lot about the job description. How my skills related to it.   View Answer