Rise Interactive

43 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview Details – The interview process was the best experience that I have had to date. I had access to the hiring manager and prompt responses from the talent acquisition team. They were straightforward with me and did not drag me along.

Interview Question – I felt the appropriate range/amount/depth of questions were asked in relation to the skills required. They also covered how I would be a cultural fit, which is a key piece of joining the team.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview Details – Applied online, followed by phone interview, online aptitude test and in person interviews. Easy interview. People were nice enough. The interview went very well, but I wasn't invited back for the next round. Very odd. Told me they had other candidiates that were a better fit. Fair enough, but you can come to that conclusion from looking at resumes. They simply weren't being honest. Why did they get my hopes up, call me in and make me jump through hoops? Get the sense they just wanted pick my brain for ideas.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Internet Marketing Consultant Interview

Internet Marketing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview Details – Applied online and was prompted to take the pre-screening exam. The exam was 30 questions with an hour time limit - consisted mainly of basic algebra disguised as Internet Marketing word problems. I passed and was told they'd be in contact within three days. Two days later they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The first half of the phone interview was about my back ground and interests. The second half was made up of questions I was not anticipating so I was caught off guard. One very specific question about excel really bummed me out because I knew how to do what she was asking but I couldn't describe how to do it without having excel in front of me. The HR rep was very professional and even though I got rejected they provided me with quite a few resources to check out.

Interview Question – What function would you use to combine two sets of data?   Answer Question

Apprenticeship Program Interview

Apprenticeship Program
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Rise Interactive in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online, passed the aptitude test, passed the phone interview, and had two follow-up in-person interviews at the office in Chicago. There was some kind of scheduling mix-up for my second interview in that they thought I was coming in the week prior. I waited an hour while they found someone who could interview me, and I unfortunately had to cut my interview short 30 minutes in because my train was leaving soon (I came in from Michigan). I never heard back from them. Travel expenses were all my own. I was disappointed about the schedule mix up and never hearing back. I know I did not schedule the second interview the week prior because I knew ahead of time I would be out of town that week.

Interview Question – If you were in charge of a group, and your opinion conflicted with those of everyone else's, would you implement your choice or the group's choice?   Answer Question

Director of Software Engineering Interview

Director of Software Engineering
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rise Interactive in January 2014.

Interview Details – The HR person was quite pleasant and knowledgable. I enjoyed talking with her and she tried to answer every question I had. I was in town for only a few days and she arranged an in-person meeting around my schedule.

I also spoke to the Hiring Manager who had only started at the firm a few days before. We had a good conversation and we were very like minded on many topics.

In the end I was not offered the position but the HR person was nice enough to call me personally and explain that they had another candidate that was introduced to them through an employee and they decided to extend the offer to that person.

I was disappointed but for the right reason. This is I firm I would consider working for, they seem to have good values and treat people with respect.

Interview Question – Honestly there was not any. Straightforward and common-sense people   Answer Question

Senior Apprenticeship Program Interview

Senior Apprenticeship Program
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rise Interactive in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, took the aptitude test. The test requires that you get an 80% in order to move forward in the interview process, but you have 3 tries to make that. I passed on the second try and was contacted quickly about a phone interview. After the phone interview, I went in for an in office interview

Interview Question – Describe a time you've used data to find a solution to a problem   Answer Question

Apprentice Program Interview

Apprentice Program
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rise Interactive.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a HR rep about wanting an interview despite never having submitted my résumé to the company or hearing about them. I then had to take an online test requiring an 80% or higher to even be considered, which was very difficult and I had to take twice. I was then contacted for a phone interview and an on-site interview. Both went well, I thought, however I was told after both that they weren't currently hiring but that they would keep me in mind for future opportunities. Overall, a very confusing, selective and long-winded process.

Interview Question – Do you have a preference for traditional or digital media and why?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Rise Interactive in March 2013.

Interview Details – Initial test with math/verbal questions given. 30 questions in one hour, kinda tricky. Need an 80% to advance to next round. Many of the questions are deliberately set up to induce wrong answers. Especially with the math, watch out for the fill in the blanks and the specific way the question asks you to enter your answer (ie whole number, dollar amount, to the nearest tenth) If you read quickly you will miss.

Luckily you get two chances with the test.

Interview Question – What is the time you most failed in your life?   Answer Question

Senior Internet Marketing Apprentice Interview

Senior Internet Marketing Apprentice
Chicago, IL

Interview Details – Rise tends to hire in spurts so you may apply & get a phone call soon after. From there you take an online exam and if you pass you then go through a more thorough interview process.

Since the hiring is in spurts, if you apply at a time between those spurts your process might take quite awhile and the communication isn't always the best.

However, once you have one or a few live, in-office, interviews then the process should be fairly swift.

Interviews for me weren't high pressure, they were fairly casual. The test you take online is generally for a skills fit & the interviews are more of culture fit.

Negotiation Details – They will try to stonewall you with stuff about policy and standard offers with this position. You can try to push those boundaries a bit if you want.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rise Interactive in February 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, a representative from the HR department called me to set up a phone screen and send me information to complete an exam. The exam was relatively simple algebra, which once I passed, the HR representative then had a phone interview with myself. Her feedback towards me was really positive, indicating her recommendation to management to conduct further, in person interviews with two members of senior management. She told me she would get back to me in 48 hours. After the 48 hour window passed, I called and emailed the HR department several times with no response, a complete lack of professionalism. I think it is irresponsible that an HR department would not follow through with the decency to at least tell me the company was no longer interested in my services as a potential employee.

Interview Question – The interview questions, since it was a phone interview, were generally directed towards my background, what I knew about the industry/company, and how I believed I could bring value to the company/position.   Answer Question

Worked for Rise Interactive? Contribute to the Community!