RiseSmart

Updated Aug 26, 2014
Updated Aug 26, 2014

2.7

Enrollment Coordinator Interview

The recruiter was a bit late for the phone interview. She said she would contact me whether or not I would move onto the next process. But she didn't contact me at all.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart in April 2014.

Recruiter emailed 2 weeks after app for times over three days; never received confirmation or call by recruiter; sent two emails; recruiter replied she didn’t get to it. Had an interview in which she lectured me for 15 minutes on being “patient”. Rejection received 4 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • The recruiter didn't show up for the interview. Had to email her to remind her. She lectured for 15 minutes on patience.   View Answer

Transition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart.

Phone interviews that had a span of 20-45 minutes. I was asked very detailed behavioral questions. Interviewed with officers of the company as well as the transition team. Be ready with lots of your own questions. Be sure to have examples of your own coaching or relative experience available as examples.

Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart.

It took two weeks

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart in January 2013.

I interviewed onsite with hiring manager that took about an hour. It was pretty straight forward; my experience, what I could bring, what they were doing, and etc. I was then brought in for final round interviews which consisted of meeting the CEO, panel interview, and a final meeting with the hiring manager.

The interview with the CEO went well as he looked into my history. However, I was caught off guard when he asked me if I would be working on the side doing another line of work. I couldn't believe he even asked that. Something also strange is that he didn't allow me to ask him any questions. When one is joining a startup, there are some key questions to ask; how they are doing financially, profitable, future funding, and etc. Unfortunately, he didn't allow me to ask these questions or sell me on why I should work there.

Next, I had a panel interview. The questions were very case orientated and I thought I answered and gave them fresh ideas. They seemed to enjoy their job.

Finally, I spoke with the hiring manager one last time. He wasn't specific as far as financials either. He spoke of leaving a startup to go to this startup, but that doesn't hold much value.

I decided to not move forward with Risesmart because I had other exciting opportunities with hot companies. I wasn't sold on their product and couldn't get excited about it. It seemed like the employees enjoy the work that they do and the product they have.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart in October 2010.

Interviewed with 4-5 people over two interviews, plus initial phone screen. Third interview was with the CEO, and really more of a final approval. They seemed genuinely interested in me. The Director of Marketing and Director of Product Marketing asked the most pertinent questions. I could tell that they liked me from the start. Advice to interviewees: be professional, dress professionally, and show your cards. If you have a portfolio, offer to show it, don't wait to be asked. Manage the interview and the flow of questions. Everyone that interviews you has an agenda, so try to figure out what that is and speak to it.

Interview Questions
    I didn't have much wiggle room, and I didn't really try too much. They gave me a pretty good offer. Advice: there is a really good chance that the job won't last long. If you go into it with that understanding, you'll be fine. Think of it as a really good contract with benefits, so try to get as much as you can. If you need some work-at-home flexibility, get it in writing in the offer.

Transition Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RiseSmart in July 2014.

I applied to this position more than a year before hearing back from the employer. Upon hearing back, I was scheduled for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 35 minutes. It seemed a bit 70/30 - with me doing most of the questioning. At the end of the interview, a second interview was scheduled with a different representative. That interview lasted about 40 minutes, and once again, felt a little heavy on my end - my taking the lead, asking most of the questions. Each time we finished discussing one of my questions, the response "What other questions do you have?" was asked by the interviewer. I was further advised that, if they chose to proceed with me, I'd have at least one other phone interview about 2 weeks out and the overall process could take approximately 30 days before a decision was reached.

Two weeks later and I had heard nothing. I submitted "Thank You" emails to the interviewers within the first week, called in to inquire about status on the second. Left a voicemail and within 20 minutes had a generic rejection email - "We're considering other candidates that are more qualified."

I followed up with a response email requesting more information based on having almost 10 years of almost exact experience and heard nothing. I do not believe, based on the interview practices, that enough interviewing of me was done to know whether or not I was in line with the position requirements.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my experience in a particular industry, which I specialize in but in a more complex way. They asked how many years of experience I had and got confused as I tried to lay out the timeline.   Answer Question

Job Concierge Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at RiseSmart in April 2010.

Its was just 15 mins interview and looking at skils they took me granted within 15 mins.

I was completely shocked to see the offer letter, they salary offered was very less but then didnt had any choice.

It was just for namsake