Risk Management Solutions

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in November 2013.

Interview Details – applied online and get a interview call in two weeks. Just normal screen interview questions in first round. Nothing special.

Interview Question – why you choose to work here   Answer Question

Hoboken, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial communication to final rounds were quick, within a span of 1 month

Interview Question – Be prepared for case questions   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Training Scheme Interview

Risk Analyst Training Scheme
Newark, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in December 2013.

Interview Details – Met with them at a career fair, dropped my resume then I was told to do a video interview. Very different and interesting process after the video interview I was invited to go to their HQ. Four hour interview process with your typical interview questions. Although the process was very professional I was never reimbursed for my travel expenses and I was told I was going to get the money back yet never did, I emailed them and they never replied.

Interview Question – How many pennies are in a mall   View Answer

Hackensack, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – Resume drop, followed by campus interview and then day long on site interview. Included take home exercise about how you would explain a natural disaster model as a means of selling a particular level of financial instrument (i.e. a cat bond) based on the probability that natural disaster would occur. You then presented that to a team on site.

Interview Question – They look for people with a background in the natural and earth sciences, along with engineering. But one question you have to come up against, if you have extensive travel or fieldwork in conjunction with your research, is whether you would be happy with a desk job.   Answer Question

Graduate Training Program Interview

Graduate Training Program

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – Applied online..got an email in 4 days for a video interview
5 pre recorded behavioral question were asked

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – It was a while back and somewhat lengthy and disjointed. We started talking then did not hear back for several weeks. Then they restarted talks and it was like starting over again. All in all, is was an easy but lengthy process.

Interview Question – Nothing really came up that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will pay a lot but start off low so you need to counter their offer.

Graduate Training Program Interview

Graduate Training Program

I applied online and interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – Video interview asking me several behavioral questions.

Interview Question – None. It was quite standard stuff.   Answer Question

New Graduate Training Interview

New Graduate Training

Interviewed at Risk Management Solutions

Interview Details – I was asked to record a video interview. A pre-recorded person asks 5 non-technical questions, and you are given a short period of time to answer each one. It's been a week and I haven't heard back yet.

Interview Question – What drives you?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – 2 phone interviews and 4 2v1 1 hours sessions for on site.

Interview Question – Design pattern
Data structure and algorithm: linked list, recursive
  Answer Question

Newark, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a recorded online video session, an on-site series of interviews, and 1 follow-up phone call. The on-site interview included a session where the candidate gave a short presentation on a topic of their choosing. Overall, the process was very well put together and helpful in deciding when the time came.

Interview Question – One of the more difficult questions included a situational questions where you were asked to describe the steps in designing a catastrophe model   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Risk Management Solutions

Worked for Risk Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Risk Management Solutions – Why Work for Us?

They said it couldn't be done. We thought otherwise. As a graduate student at Stanford, in the heart of earthquake country, I wrote a business plan to spin out university R&D and commercialize a computer model that… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Risk Management Solutions interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Risk Management Solutions employees and interview candidates.