Risk Management Solutions

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

3.1

Graduate Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Came across the company on indeed career website, filled out the application and submitted my resume online. Process took about 2 weeks then they sent an email asking to complete a video interview. Have not heard anything since

Interview Questions
    • If you were asked to search for businesses on yelp walk me through how you would choose a business.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

It was a standard interview process without much more to say about it. Submit a resume, get short listed. Interview with a screener. If successful, come in and interview with a much larger group of people of multiple levels. It was done professionally and appeared to be well organized.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions, unless you are a poor interviewer.   Answer Question

Model Development Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in April 2014.

I applied online for RMS internship program. I was contacted by HR 1 month after that. Following a phone call with HR, we set up a phone call with one of the managers at RMS. We talked for 45 minutes when the manager called. It was an easy interview and most of the questions were from my resume. Four days after the interview, I received an email from HR that I have been accepted for the internship position.

Interview Questions
    • The interview went pretty smoothly. I was not asked any difficult technical question.   Answer Question
    It was an internship, so there was not any negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hackensack, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Resume drop, followed by campus interview and then day long on site interview. Included take home exercise about how you would explain a natural disaster model as a means of selling a particular level of financial instrument (i.e. a cat bond) based on the probability that natural disaster would occur. You then presented that to a team on site.

Interview Questions
    • They look for people with a background in the natural and earth sciences, along with engineering. But one question you have to come up against, if you have extensive travel or fieldwork in conjunction with your research, is whether you would be happy with a desk job.   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions in December 2013.

Was tedious and prolonged. Had to wait for several weeks after video screening to get an onsite interview.
    Standard questions for video screening.
    For one on one, the questions were std, with avg difficulty and repetitive.
    We had to give a short 15 min presentation at the end

Risk Analyst Training Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied for this position through a career reception at my school. After talking to the recruiters who were Alumni of my Alma Mater I was told to submit my application online and they were going to forward my name to the recruiter, which I did and I was contacted within a day. The next step was to submit a video interview on which the recruiter sent you a link and you had to answer simple behavioral questions most of them under a minute ( practice your elevator speech) either from your phone or your computer. If selected a recruiter would give you a call and then ask you to come in for the final round of interviews at their HQ, they ask you to be prepared for four hours of interview. On one of the interviews you had to present on either a hobbie of yours or simply a project on which you worked previously. After you meet with 2 team leaders on 2 separate interviews on which the questions are your usual behavioral questions and questions about your resume. Then there will be a panel on which you have to answer a question on which they analyze your thought process, it was very nerve wrecking.

My overall experience was positive, until I was told they were going to reimburse me for my travel expenses (food, lodging) and all I had to do was send them a copy of alll the receipts of my expenditures. Which I did but it's been a year and I never received a reply from their recruiter. I usually wouldn't care but my travel expenses were close to 300 dollars. Besides that little issue very good process, can't complain

Graduate Training Program Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Applied online..got an email in 4 days for a video interview
    5 pre recorded behavioral question were asked

Engineer Interview

It was a while back and somewhat lengthy and disjointed. We started talking then did not hear back for several weeks. Then they restarted talks and it was like starting over again. All in all, is was an easy but lengthy process.

Interview Questions
    They will pay a lot but start off low so you need to counter their offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in November 2013.

applied online and get a interview call in two weeks. Just normal screen interview questions in first round. Nothing special.

Graduate Training Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Video interview asking me several behavioral questions.