Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2014
Updated Sep 10, 2014

3.1

Graduate Training Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Video interview asking me several behavioral questions.

New Graduate Training Interview

I was asked to record a video interview. A pre-recorded person asks 5 non-technical questions, and you are given a short period of time to answer each one. It's been a week and I haven't heard back yet.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

2 phone interviews and 4 2v1 1 hours sessions for on site.

Interview Questions
    • Design pattern
      Data structure and algorithm: linked list, recursive
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2013.

The interview consisted of a recorded online video session, an on-site series of interviews, and 1 follow-up phone call. The on-site interview included a session where the candidate gave a short presentation on a topic of their choosing. Overall, the process was very well put together and helpful in deciding when the time came.

Interview Questions
    • One of the more difficult questions included a situational questions where you were asked to describe the steps in designing a catastrophe model   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

The interview process was relatively painless. A bit confusing, but a better experience than others I've had. Three one-on-one interviews with apparently different departments, and a short presentation that I gave on my thesis work. I did not fully understand what I was interviewing for, as the questions asked in each interview were quite different. Additionally, two out of three had me working "case" type problems. I was very nervous solving these problems in front of my interviewers on big white boards (who wouldn't be!), but the interviewers were helpful and encouraging if I got stuck. Because I didn't know who was from what department (nor would I have even understood what each department did anyway), I didn't know how to properly "sell" myself to a department I would enjoy working in while not eliminating myself entirely - I knew well what RMS does, but not where they were trying to fit me.

Everyone was genuinely kind and I appreciated other employees stopping by the "holding tank" to say hello. I felt immediately that the culture was youthful and pretty energetic. Coffee/drinks and snacks were available for the interviewees - I felt welcome in the office.

My only frustrations were with the hiring process itself - despite being told we would hear back regardless on the following Monday, I did not get any response until nearly 3 weeks after my interview, and only after writing in to say I was about to accept another offer because I had not heard anything from RMS. That afternoon, I recieved a call stating that they were working on an offer for me. I understand now that organizational changes were happening at the time that could have contributed to this delay. I was a bit upset at the time, but it wasn't a big deal; everything was handled very professionally once we got the ball rolling.

I was fully reimbursed in about a month for my rental car and gas to get to Hoboken.

Interview Questions
    I only had two business days to sign my acceptance - I would have liked more time to consider the offer itself and possibly negotiate, as I was offered slightly higher compensation and better insurance with the other offer I had been considering. I felt a 2-day turnaround was rushed after having to wait three weeks to hear anything. I probably could have asked for more time, but I was happier just to have it over with and in my favor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

I found the job opportunity online, and the first step was a phone interview, which was followed by a video interview. Both of those were fairly straight-forward. Then they flew me out to NY for a final interview, which consisted of three 2-on-1 interviews and a presentation in front of several employees on a topic of my choice. About a week later they called me to offer a job.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that I had to deliver a presentation in the final interview in front of several current employees was a bit intimidating, but it went well.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

I came across this job posting on my school's career website and applied through there. Almost immediately I received confirmation that they were reviewing my resume and within 3 hours I was already invited to complete a video interview. This part of the process was very unique and was unlike anything I had gone through with other employers. I was asked to answer a few pre-recorded questions as they recorded my responses; giving no opportunity to interact with an actual employee during the interview. I quickly adjusted to that though as the questions seemed to reflect more on who I am as a person, rather than anything extremely technical. Roughly a month later I was asked to come on site and complete a series of in person interviews, including giving a presentation The Human Resources team made traveling to my interview extremely easy. They were prompt when answering any questions I had regarding travel logistics and how the interview day would be structured. I definitely felt like I was receiving individualized attention and that they really valued the time I was taking to interview with them. Once I arrived and walked into the office, I knew I was going to love this company. Everyone was welcoming, down to earth, and excited to have us there. There were roughly 10 interview candidates there that morning, but right from the start they made it clear that they were looking to extend multiple offers and not to feel like the people beside us were competition. This created a much more comfortable environment as we started the interview process. There were a total of four one-on-one interviews and one presentation in which two RMS employees were present. For me, the interviews ranged from solving an optimization problem to personality questions, to understanding who RMS is and how they work within their industry. At each step of the way I never felt pressured to make sure I had the perfect, right answer. Whenever I got stuck or didn't feel completely confident in my answer, I would answer to the best of my ability and they seemed to be understanding, working with me to fill in the gaps. After the day was over, it only took 3 days for them to get back to me with an offer. They explained which department my offer was for, but made it clear that I would not have to be locked into this role forever. The company really embraces learning and expanding expertise in new areas. Down the road I will be able to express an interest in another area of the company and have the ability to go there if I want. Overall, I have really enjoyed being a part of this company. The culture is collaborative, supportive, and innovative. They really understand having a good work-life balance, the need for personal growth, and strive to help you get where you want to be. Never once have I felt like I needed to know everything or that I had no one to turn to for assistance. Be yourself and come with an open mind, ready to learn.

Interview Questions
    • For me, the most difficult question was during the video interview part where I was asked about what drives me. I liked this question a lot because I felt like it really focused on who you are as a person, how you work, and what you value in life; instead of how much you learned in college or how you well you researched the company. Still it was difficult for me to pin-point one thing since it was such a deep question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2013.

Submitted resume through college recruiting website and got an e-mail to complete video interview. Video interview was consist of 5 questions, mostly short and behavioral. About a month later, got an invite for the on-site interview. On-site interview was somewhat intense : four hours of interview(with about 5 mins break per hour) including a presentation.

Interview Questions
    • How many race do you need to figure out top 3 out of 25 horses? One race consist of 5 horses and their ranks are unique(no ties)   View Answer

Risk Analyst Training Scheme Interview

I applied online through their website and did not hear anything back for almost a month. I honestly thought that was the end of it but then i got an email to complete a video interview. It was all pre-recorded questions which you would then record your answers for them to review at their leisure. It was rather weird as i was just talking to the camera but something must have gone right because within a week I was contacted to set up a trip out to the Hoboken office for the in-person interview day, which would be a couple weeks later.

For the in-person interview I was given about a week's notice that I would need to present on a topic of my choosing but was to be either a research project I had done or something I felt knowledgeable about. There were also three in person interviews, each with two employees. They were from different aspects of the company, seemingly to see where you would best fit. The job description I applied for was very vague so this is where I felt they were seeing how you could best work within RMS. The interview day was done by noon and I was on a plane back home. This all happened on a Thursday and they promised to let us know, either way, on Monday. After a few emails and a couple of phone calls, about two weeks later, I found out I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • When I interview with a financial guy (something I know nothing about) he asked a lot of probability questions (also something I know nothing about) like working through the various probabilities involved in the old game show "Let's Make a Deal".   Answer Question
    • If you're interviewing here know what RMS does. Guaranteed someone will ask you what that is.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was made an offer and had two days to accept or decline.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

On-campus Job Fair, Online Application, Online Interview, On-site Interview, Phone Interview, HR Followed-Up Phone Call, Extended an Offer

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was..... how do you evaluate a salt bottle as a product?   Answer Question
    RMS offered more than I expected, so I didn't negotiate at all.