Risk Management Solutions

3.6

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Catastrophe Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Screening interview followed by phone interview with lead modeler. Standard questions about background, interests ability to relocate. Invited to London for onsite interview. One hour presentation followed by several rounds of interviews with team members and VP. Grueling 8 hour process. The recruiter was the best I ever worked with and the process was very pleasurable.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked basic questions about meteorology. One fellow questioned by ability as a numerical modeler because I hadn't worked extensively with climate models.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions in June 2013.

Phone interview about my CV with the HR department, after a friend's referral. Followed by two interview stages, first consisting of a 2-on-1 interview with senior team members, second consisting of a 1-on-1 interview with another team manager and a presentation on a technical subject.

Interview Questions
    • Mathematical/scientific problem in first round interview, requires some lateral thinking and initiative - if you're bright enough you'll get there, nothing you can really prepare for though.   View Answer
    I accepted straight away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions in January 2013.

The interview process consisted of one telephone and two face to face interviews with members of the prospective team including senior management. The interviews were challenging but enjoyable and always performed in a relaxed manner. Both face to face interviews included case studies, to be done on a white board, and I had to give a presentation during the last interview. Meeting the majority of the team and senior management was very useful as it allowed me to satisfy myself that everyone was good natured and had a good work life balance.

Throughout the process HR were very good and kept me up to date which meant that the process was not a long and drawn out one.

Interview Questions
    I was happy with the offer and therefore no negotiation was required.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions in January 2013.

After submitting my CV to RMS I was contacted a few weeks later by Toni in HR for a phone interview. During this interview I was asked questions about my CV, any other experience and some general skills questions.

The next day I was told I had a face-to-face interview at the RMS offices in central London. This consisted of a 20 minute quantitative reasoning question which was answered on a white board with no calculator allowed. Directly following was a 30 minute talk with my potential manager which involved a more thorough look at my CV and experience. This was more of a conversation than an interrogation.

I was then called back for the last stage of the interview process the next week. This involved a 20 minute presentation to be given to 6 members of the team I was applying for and a 20 minute Q&A. After this, the department managing director and another member of the team then gave me another Case Study to which there was no correct end answer. This took around another 40 minutes.

Overall this was a tough process but having accepted a position here I can see the value of it. I use all the skills they tested on a day to day basis. The process also let me know exactly what kind of organisation and team I was applying for and if I was the right fit for them.

The HR team were very clear in describing the process and the next steps involved which was very useful so that the process did not seem too drawn out.

Interview Questions
    The terms were favorable so no negotiation was necessary.

Risks Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Risk Management Solutions in September 2008.

I was contacted by a recruitment agent and was called to an interview a week later. The first time I was interviewed by my future line managers for 1.5 hr, there were a few technical questions and questions about my background. Following that I had a 1 hr interview with HR. I was called back for a second round of interviews the next week, I gave a presentation to a group of 5-7 people and then had 2 further interviews for around half an hour with some of the current employees.

Interview Questions
    • Derive an equation that describes the occurrence of earthquakes and how would you solve it.   Answer Question