Risk Management Solutions

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newark, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2013.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a recorded online video session, an on-site series of interviews, and 1 follow-up phone call. The on-site interview included a session where the candidate gave a short presentation on a topic of their choosing. Overall, the process was very well put together and helpful in deciding when the time came.

Interview Question – One of the more difficult questions included a situational questions where you were asked to describe the steps in designing a catastrophe model   Answer Question

Newark, CA

Interview Details – On-campus Job Fair, Online Application, Online Interview, On-site Interview, Phone Interview, HR Followed-Up Phone Call, Extended an Offer

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was..... how do you evaluate a salt bottle as a product?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – RMS offered more than I expected, so I didn't negotiate at all.

Modeler Interview

Modeler
Newark, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in February 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was extremely efficient, and reflected very well upon the company; although there were several rounds, I never felt like I was waiting around for a decision. Had brief in-person meetings with five people, and two phone interviews afterwards including one with the CTO. Some were casual chats, others were more technically challenging conversations. Be ready for any question and all types of personalities.

Interview Question – How many restaurants are there in Manhattan? [no internet or calculators]   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
Newark, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in August 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter was great to work with. He really worked hard to get results and kept me in the loop the entire time. Couldn't be happier.
Had 3 phone-screens with various managers including the HM.
Got invited for an onsite which went very smoothly. I was out of town so they paid for hotel, taxi and airfare.
Got an immediate offer on which we negotiated to address my various concerns.
It all worked out great in the end!

Interview Question – It was a conversational interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fair and equitable, they really took good care and satisfied what I needed.

Quality Engineer Interview

Quality Engineer
Newark, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – Once I submitted my resume I had a phone interview.
After which I was called Onsite for a face to face with team members, Manager and Senior Director
Then another day I came for Interview with the CTO

Interview Question – Everything that they asked was definitely answerable.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Newark, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2008.

Interview Details – They will tell you about one of many problems they are facing. You tell them that you have the exact skills to fix it. When you start it will seem like and easy thing to fix, until you realize that senior management stands in the way of fixing it.

Negotiation Details – easy, they are not afraid of paying large salaries, bonuses and options. They do not have a good reputation in the valley, and compete against 1,000s of tech firms. The only reason to work their is to draw a big salary and not work too hard.

Model Product Manager Interview

Model Product Manager
Newark, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Interview Details – I responded to a job posting by directly contacting the group supervisor. I had a 40 minute phone interview within a few days, which went well. I was then invited to the Newark office for an all day interview with ~9 people. I think all interviews went well. I also gave a presentation, but I was on a severe time crunch; I was told a 45 minute talk and it was 25. I should have stuck to more basics. The job position wasn't the right fit for me and they were looking for someone who could commit sooner. All in all, good interview process, but the recruiting staff seemed a bit disorganized.

Interview Question – Which is more flexible: a concrete or steel building?   View Answer

Newark, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in January 2008.

Interview Details – Was called within a week from sending my resume. 1) Screened first by a recruiter. 2) Phone interview with direct manager. 3) In person interviews with VPs, managers, co-workers, in group and one on one. Had to make a presentation to a large group. Mix bag of questions, some easy, some harder and technical. Was given a take-home skill test (database). Overall was a good experience though very intense.

Interview Questions

Worked for Risk Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!