Risk Management Solutions Interview Questions in Newark, CA

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2013.

The interview consisted of a recorded online video session, an on-site series of interviews, and 1 follow-up phone call. The on-site interview included a session where the candidate gave a short presentation on a topic of their choosing. Overall, the process was very well put together and helpful in deciding when the time came.

Interview Questions
    • One of the more difficult questions included a situational questions where you were asked to describe the steps in designing a catastrophe model   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

On-campus Job Fair, Online Application, Online Interview, On-site Interview, Phone Interview, HR Followed-Up Phone Call, Extended an Offer

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was..... how do you evaluate a salt bottle as a product?   Answer Question
    RMS offered more than I expected, so I didn't negotiate at all.

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in February 2013.

The interview process was extremely efficient, and reflected very well upon the company; although there were several rounds, I never felt like I was waiting around for a decision. Had brief in-person meetings with five people, and two phone interviews afterwards including one with the CTO. Some were casual chats, others were more technically challenging conversations. Be ready for any question and all types of personalities.

Interview Questions
    • How many restaurants are there in Manhattan? [no internet or calculators]   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in August 2012.

Recruiter was great to work with. He really worked hard to get results and kept me in the loop the entire time. Couldn't be happier.
    Had 3 phone-screens with various managers including the HM.
    Got invited for an onsite which went very smoothly. I was out of town so they paid for hotel, taxi and airfare.
    Got an immediate offer on which we negotiated to address my various concerns.
    It all worked out great in the end!

Interview Questions
    Fair and equitable, they really took good care and satisfied what I needed.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

Once I submitted my resume I had a phone interview.
    After which I was called Onsite for a face to face with team members, Manager and Senior Director
    Then another day I came for Interview with the CTO

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in March 2008.

They will tell you about one of many problems they are facing. You tell them that you have the exact skills to fix it. When you start it will seem like and easy thing to fix, until you realize that senior management stands in the way of fixing it.

easy, they are not afraid of paying large salaries, bonuses and options. They do not have a good reputation in the valley, and compete against 1,000s of tech firms. The only reason to work their is to draw a big salary and not work too hard.

Model Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions.

I responded to a job posting by directly contacting the group supervisor. I had a 40 minute phone interview within a few days, which went well. I was then invited to the Newark office for an all day interview with ~9 people. I think all interviews went well. I also gave a presentation, but I was on a severe time crunch; I was told a 45 minute talk and it was 25. I should have stuck to more basics. The job position wasn't the right fit for me and they were looking for someone who could commit sooner. All in all, good interview process, but the recruiting staff seemed a bit disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • Which is more flexible: a concrete or steel building?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Risk Management Solutions in January 2008.

Was called within a week from sending my resume. 1) Screened first by a recruiter. 2) Phone interview with direct manager. 3) In person interviews with VPs, managers, co-workers, in group and one on one. Had to make a presentation to a large group. Mix bag of questions, some easy, some harder and technical. Was given a take-home skill test (database). Overall was a good experience though very intense.

Interview Questions

Worked for Risk Management Solutions? Contribute to the Community!