Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers

Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers Interview Questions

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

Territory Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.

Apply online, interview on the phone, and interview with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    Salary was open to negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butner, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Butner, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in December 2012.

I applied for the position online and was given an interview. When I went in for the interview I spoke with two of the customer service managers. I answered all questions during the interview and didn't have to very long for a response with an offer to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question to answer was what I thought my best skill or attribute was that would make me perfect for the position. My answer was my attention to detail that was drilled into during my time spent in the US Navy.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.

Phone interview with HR to basically see if compensation fits job. Wasn't enough by the end of the interview so we parted ways. Received call back from HR a week later saying position was redefined and met my compensation requests. Proceeded with another HR phone interview with basic HR questions.

Then had onsite interview with hiring manager. Asked basic questions. Very unprofessional and pretty young. Not the environment or person I would want to work under.

Interview Questions
    • What skill set do you bring to the table....etc.   View Answer

Sales Performance Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in September 2014.

Applied online, a few days after, a recruiter assistant calling to set up phone screening. It was followed by phone interview with the recruiter. The assistant recruiter told me that phone interview would last for 1.15 hours at the very least. Note: they probably do F2F interview after phone screen but I'm out of the province candidate while the position located in BC.

In the beginning of the phone interview, the recruiter laid out what the interview's agenda look like that it would start with him describing about the company and the position, after that he would be asking about my experience, and then the last part would be behavioral questions.

The phone interview went according to the agenda. I was describing my experience as Sales Analyst in the last few years (which is similar with the position's job description) until the recruiter was asking if I have experience with Salesforce.com in which I don't. After this question, the recruiter wrapping-up the interview and ignoring the last part which is the behavioral questions. The interview last for about 30 minutes.

My conclusion: recruiter decided to conclude the interview faster than what was originally planned because he didn't see any point to waste his time talking to a candidate who don't have the key skill they looking for, a Salesforce experience that is. Therefore, recruiter must not have been read my resume prior to the interview because if he read it, he would know that I didn't list Salesforce to be one of the software that I have experience with.

Vice President, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers.

Very thorough process - pre screening telephone call, testing and several rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How will you contribute to the company culture?   View Answer

Recruiter - Contract Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in February 2013.

Very long interview process considering this was a short term contract. It started with a rather long phone pre-screen. Then a long yet very pleasant F2F interview/meeting with 2 members of team (very nice people) and then came in a third time to meet their manager, I was not impressed with that final meeting so decided not to follow up on this role.

Interview Questions
    • There were several question that I felt uncomfortable with, not necessarily unexpected or dificult   View Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nisku, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers in October 2012.

applied online; was contacted for an interview. when I went in the CSR - Barb Ganley, was extremely friendly and polite. Wasn't asked anything out of the ordinary. Pretty standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • Cannot recall the most difficult or unexpected question at this time; as that was almost 2 years ago. The only question that makes me uncomfortable is being asked how would I handle a difficult person/situation in a workplace.   Answer Question