Rite Aid Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid in March 2015.

The interview was short. They really needed a cashier so the interview was just telling me about the job and seeing if I wanted it. I was hired the same day as the interview. It was more of a conversation telling me what was expected from all the employees. She told me that I needed to get a drug test and I got a background test the same day.

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid.

did you ever help a customer? if so what did you do to help? did you ever go beyond for a customers? did you ever make a mistake? what are your weekness?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2014.

I applied online because they required an online application through their website. And about two weeks later I got a call from the store manager to go in for an interview and was told to bring a paper application in as well.
    I arrived 15 minutes before my interview. I had an interview in the back office. The questions were very simple. Have you experienced difficult customers? how did you handle the situation? Why rite aid?
    And then I think I was offered the job. But Rite Aid requires a background check which takes about two weeks. So I am still waiting to hear back from them.

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rite Aid.

I applied in person with one of the managers and was lead to believe I would get the job only to be informed a week later that they merely shifted the workers to cover the shifts they needed. Few months later, I received a call telling me to continue the hiring process because they had open positions. This step was the online questionnaire. I failed to my surprise. Either choose strongly agree or disagree and see people optimistically because they ask questions like, "would some people steal if they knew they'd get away with it." Realistically, I answered yes to similar questions which I guess hurt my chances. It was disappointing to see something futile as that take away a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid in January 2014.

Comfortable. I live in the neighborhood and have been a loyal customer so they were familiar will my personality. They also understood that I have been supporting their store for 5 years. I was aware of the products available and the set up of the store.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Although I tried. They are union.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

I applied in person. I was called in just to go over basic paperwork. There really wasn't a question interview because I knew the manager. I gave her my basic background with customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Rite Aid?

I say this is difficult because at that moment I just needed a job, money. I wanted to work for the pay. Now since I work for Rite Aid I enjoy helping the customers, sometimes going out of the way to make suggestions between brands and help locate a product by calling rite aid's within the district.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Townships, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Townships, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Regular/basic interview questions; "What if...", past work experiences with encountering difficult situations and what I had to do to arise from that situation, why do you want to work for us,

7.55 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in September 2012.

I was called by the Rite Aid I worked for after having an interview at another one. The manager called me and asked me if I was interested in a position available at another location and I said yes. She set up and in-person interview two days later. Once there. I was taken to a small room which was the managers office. Two assistant managers asked questions about former employment (I didn't have any), if I was in school, and why would I be a good fit for their store. I was also asked about times I showed leadership roles, worked in a team, and came over obstacles. I was told I'd be a cashier and they would work with my school schedule. They gave me a drug test slip and I had to go to a specific place within 24 hours. A week later I got a call to come in that Friday with the Rite Aid uniform. When I arrived they told me my hourly wage ($7.35), and I had to sit at a Computer to do online training for two days (4 hours each day).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you and your team did not overcome an obstacle, how would you do things different?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because this was my first job. If you have prior experience I'd suggest negotiating a higher pay, but not in an aggressive way. You will be doing more than just being a cashier and should be getting paid more as a result. for example, I was a cashier and still had to stock shelves, go around the store checking for expiring items, add sale stickers, check inventory, and stock shelves on "truck day". I think all that deserves a higher pay!

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Employee in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2012.

I personally was asked to work for the store.

Interview was typical common sense questions of "What would you do's" "How would you do's" etc

Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Kingston, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rite Aid in December 2011.

im in the process now, i handed in an application to the store. a manager called me. interviewed me theyn were nice, easy questions, much less ridiculous than the walmart asked. gave me a website to take a personality test. then said he would call.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here with no prior experience   View Answer