Rite Aid Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014

1.8

20 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rite Aid.

I applied in person with one of the managers and was lead to believe I would get the job only to be informed a week later that they merely shifted the workers to cover the shifts they needed. Few months later, I received a call telling me to continue the hiring process because they had open positions. This step was the online questionnaire. I failed to my surprise. Either choose strongly agree or disagree and see people optimistically because they ask questions like, "would some people steal if they knew they'd get away with it." Realistically, I answered yes to similar questions which I guess hurt my chances. It was disappointing to see something futile as that take away a job offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

I applied in person. I was called in just to go over basic paperwork. There really wasn't a question interview because I knew the manager. I gave her my basic background with customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Rite Aid?

I say this is difficult because at that moment I just needed a job, money. I wanted to work for the pay. Now since I work for Rite Aid I enjoy helping the customers, sometimes going out of the way to make suggestions between brands and help locate a product by calling rite aid's within the district.
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Townships, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington Townships, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Regular/basic interview questions; "What if...", past work experiences with encountering difficult situations and what I had to do to arise from that situation, why do you want to work for us,

7.55 per hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in September 2012.

I was called by the Rite Aid I worked for after having an interview at another one. The manager called me and asked me if I was interested in a position available at another location and I said yes. She set up and in-person interview two days later. Once there. I was taken to a small room which was the managers office. Two assistant managers asked questions about former employment (I didn't have any), if I was in school, and why would I be a good fit for their store. I was also asked about times I showed leadership roles, worked in a team, and came over obstacles. I was told I'd be a cashier and they would work with my school schedule. They gave me a drug test slip and I had to go to a specific place within 24 hours. A week later I got a call to come in that Friday with the Rite Aid uniform. When I arrived they told me my hourly wage ($7.35), and I had to sit at a Computer to do online training for two days (4 hours each day).

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you and your team did not overcome an obstacle, how would you do things different?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate because this was my first job. If you have prior experience I'd suggest negotiating a higher pay, but not in an aggressive way. You will be doing more than just being a cashier and should be getting paid more as a result. for example, I was a cashier and still had to stock shelves, go around the store checking for expiring items, add sale stickers, check inventory, and stock shelves on "truck day". I think all that deserves a higher pay!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, WV

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2012.

I personally was asked to work for the store.

Interview was typical common sense questions of "What would you do's" "How would you do's" etc

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Rite Aid in December 2011.

im in the process now, i handed in an application to the store. a manager called me. interviewed me theyn were nice, easy questions, much less ridiculous than the walmart asked. gave me a website to take a personality test. then said he would call.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here with no prior experience   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2011.

Don't remember too much, but I went in and got a application, turned it in to the store manager. He told me they weren't hiring at the moment, but he would call when they have a opening. Got a call a few weeks later, and was told to come in for interview. Wen't in for interview and I believe I got the job on the spot pending a background check. Most people I worked with had to take a drug test, but they skipped me on that. Probably a week or two later after interview, I started work.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the interview questions. Probably just the basic, why do you want to work here, what do you expect to be payed etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in March 2011.

I had one interview and it wasn't very long. Dress nice and be honest with your potential employer. I was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rite Aid in February 2010.

Hiring process was ok with my Store Manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rite Aid in January 2010.

I went in the store to apply and talked to the store manager while I was there and he just asked me questions that confirmed what i put on the application. He then told me what I would be doing there and told me that he wanted to hire me and gave me the number for the telephone assessment test and said he should get my scores the next day. He called me that same day and said that i passed the assessment and asked me to come in to get the form for the drug test. I went and took the drug test and for some reason the test took almost 2 months to come back but when it did he called me and asked me if I still was looking for employment and told me I started that sunday.

Interview Questions
    No Negotiating. Set price for every cashier and floor associate.