Rite Aid Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rite Aid (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I asked for an application at the store, and returned it to the store. I was given a number to call for an automated screening process. This was a series of questions, mostly seeming to test my honesty. Called by manager for interview. He asked questions about my customer service experience and availability. Didn't go into much about the job. After he stressed (again!) that he was looking for open availability, which seemed to mean until 10:00 every night and every holiday, and told me the rate of pay, I decided this was not the job for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer in your previous job?
    Are you available to work nights (until 10), weekends (until 10), and all holidays?

2 Answers

I value time with my family and friends. While the long hours and 365 day open offers flexibility, the late nights and every holiday they were looking for would not work for me.

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They basically take you into the office. The manager and shift supervisor(sometimes) is there. They ask you basic questions like "what do you think you can bring to the table"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ardmore, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Ardmore, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. They really needed a cashier so the interview was just telling me about the job and seeing if I wanted it. I was hired the same day as the interview. It was more of a conversation telling me what was expected from all the employees. She told me that I needed to get a drug test and I got a background test the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

There really was no interview. I handed in a paper application, introduced myself, was given papers for a drug test, and then was hired a couple of days later. I was not dressed up and was not asked any interview questions. I just took the drug test and was asked when I could start. I did have to take an honesty test at home but it was easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, just if I did drugs and when I could start.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Mooresville, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

you must have 2 interviews, then you have to take a drug test and you also have to have a background check. The background check is what takes the longest to get done.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

did you ever help a customer? if so what did you do to help? did you ever go beyond for a customers? did you ever make a mistake? what are your weekness?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2014.

Interview

Took them forever to hire me, I had to go back up there many times to see what was going on with the process and interview was very basic. I was a frequent shopper there so that helped a lot.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee stealing from out the store?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid (Portland, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online because they required an online application through their website. And about two weeks later I got a call from the store manager to go in for an interview and was told to bring a paper application in as well.
    I arrived 15 minutes before my interview. I had an interview in the back office. The questions were very simple. Have you experienced difficult customers? how did you handle the situation? Why rite aid?
    And then I think I was offered the job. But Rite Aid requires a background check which takes about two weeks. So I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I applied in person with one of the managers and was lead to believe I would get the job only to be informed a week later that they merely shifted the workers to cover the shifts they needed. Few months later, I received a call telling me to continue the hiring process because they had open positions. This step was the online questionnaire. I failed to my surprise. Either choose strongly agree or disagree and see people optimistically because they ask questions like, "would some people steal if they knew they'd get away with it." Realistically, I answered yes to similar questions which I guess hurt my chances. It was disappointing to see something futile as that take away a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Columbia, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Very straight to the point on how could I help the store. How was my personality when it comes to talking to people. How would I respond in situations while working.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Rite aid?   1 Answer