Rite Aid

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process was ok with my Store Manager

Wilmington, DE

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2011.

Interview Details – Don't remember too much, but I went in and got a application, turned it in to the store manager. He told me they weren't hiring at the moment, but he would call when they have a opening. Got a call a few weeks later, and was told to come in for interview. Wen't in for interview and I believe I got the job on the spot pending a background check. Most people I worked with had to take a drug test, but they skipped me on that. Probably a week or two later after interview, I started work.

Interview Question – I don't remember the interview questions. Probably just the basic, why do you want to work here, what do you expect to be payed etc.   Answer Question

Harrison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in April 2009.

Interview Details – There was one interview, about 3-4 questions, ironing out of details and pay and I was hired. Very simple, straight forward provess for a first job.

Negotiation Details – There was none, they started me at the minimum wage.

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

Interview Details – I applied in person. I was called in just to go over basic paperwork. There really wasn't a question interview because I knew the manager. I gave her my basic background with customer service.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Rite Aid?

I say this is difficult because at that moment I just needed a job, money. I wanted to work for the pay. Now since I work for Rite Aid I enjoy helping the customers, sometimes going out of the way to make suggestions between brands and help locate a product by calling rite aid's within the district.
  Answer Question

Charleston, WV

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2012.

Interview Details – I personally was asked to work for the store.

Interview was typical common sense questions of "What would you do's" "How would you do's" etc

Interview Question – Every question was pretty simple to answer.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in September 2012.

Interview Details – I was called by the Rite Aid I worked for after having an interview at another one. The manager called me and asked me if I was interested in a position available at another location and I said yes. She set up and in-person interview two days later. Once there. I was taken to a small room which was the managers office. Two assistant managers asked questions about former employment (I didn't have any), if I was in school, and why would I be a good fit for their store. I was also asked about times I showed leadership roles, worked in a team, and came over obstacles. I was told I'd be a cashier and they would work with my school schedule. They gave me a drug test slip and I had to go to a specific place within 24 hours. A week later I got a call to come in that Friday with the Rite Aid uniform. When I arrived they told me my hourly wage ($7.35), and I had to sit at a Computer to do online training for two days (4 hours each day).

Interview Question – Name a time when you and your team did not overcome an obstacle, how would you do things different?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because this was my first job. If you have prior experience I'd suggest negotiating a higher pay, but not in an aggressive way. You will be doing more than just being a cashier and should be getting paid more as a result. for example, I was a cashier and still had to stock shelves, go around the store checking for expiring items, add sale stickers, check inventory, and stock shelves on "truck day". I think all that deserves a higher pay!

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it wasn't very long. Dress nice and be honest with your potential employer. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – Are you late often?   View Answer

Washington Townships, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – Regular/basic interview questions; "What if...", past work experiences with encountering difficult situations and what I had to do to arise from that situation, why do you want to work for us,

Interview Question – What can you do for our company that others cannot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 7.55 per hour

Layton, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed only once face to face with the store manager. He was very relaxed about the job interview and asked routine questions about schedule, commute, and my experience.

The interview went about as you would expect for the position.

Negotiation Details – None

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2008.

Interview Details – Was hired the same day due to the fact that i knew alot of people working there

Interview Question – will you be able to work overtime   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – was abble to learn the job quick with alot of help from other workers

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid Cashier interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees and interview candidates.