Rite Aid Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015
Updated Apr 13, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

They basically take you into the office. The manager and shift supervisor(sometimes) is there. They ask you basic questions like "what do you think you can bring to the table"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Ardmore, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. They really needed a cashier so the interview was just telling me about the job and seeing if I wanted it. I was hired the same day as the interview. It was more of a conversation telling me what was expected from all the employees. She told me that I needed to get a drug test and I got a background test the same day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2015.

Interview

There really was no interview. I handed in a paper application, introduced myself, was given papers for a drug test, and then was hired a couple of days later. I was not dressed up and was not asked any interview questions. I just took the drug test and was asked when I could start. I did have to take an honesty test at home but it was easy and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, just if I did drugs and when I could start.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

did you ever help a customer? if so what did you do to help? did you ever go beyond for a customers? did you ever make a mistake? what are your weekness?

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid (Portland, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online because they required an online application through their website. And about two weeks later I got a call from the store manager to go in for an interview and was told to bring a paper application in as well.
    I arrived 15 minutes before my interview. I had an interview in the back office. The questions were very simple. Have you experienced difficult customers? how did you handle the situation? Why rite aid?
    And then I think I was offered the job. But Rite Aid requires a background check which takes about two weeks. So I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I applied in person with one of the managers and was lead to believe I would get the job only to be informed a week later that they merely shifted the workers to cover the shifts they needed. Few months later, I received a call telling me to continue the hiring process because they had open positions. This step was the online questionnaire. I failed to my surprise. Either choose strongly agree or disagree and see people optimistically because they ask questions like, "would some people steal if they knew they'd get away with it." Realistically, I answered yes to similar questions which I guess hurt my chances. It was disappointing to see something futile as that take away a job offer.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Perrysburg, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

I heard from a friend that Rite Aid was hiring so she put in a good word for me and I applied. I had to pass an online assessment before I could get an interview. The interview was very easy, and the manager was super friendly. She offered me the job on the spot. I then had to pass a drug test and background check and then I was officially employed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time that you went above and beyond in the workplace.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Thousand Oaks, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Comfortable. I live in the neighborhood and have been a loyal customer so they were familiar will my personality. They also understood that I have been supporting their store for 5 years. I was aware of the products available and the set up of the store.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a drug test   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Although I tried. They are union.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

Interview

I applied in person. I was called in just to go over basic paperwork. There really wasn't a question interview because I knew the manager. I gave her my basic background with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Rite Aid?

I say this is difficult because at that moment I just needed a job, money. I wanted to work for the pay. Now since I work for Rite Aid I enjoy helping the customers, sometimes going out of the way to make suggestions between brands and help locate a product by calling rite aid's within the district.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Washington Townships, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Regular/basic interview questions; "What if...", past work experiences with encountering difficult situations and what I had to do to arise from that situation, why do you want to work for us,

Interview Questions

Negotiation

7.55 per hour