Rite Aid Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Placed an application and handed it to an assistant store manager. A few days later received a call to come in for an interview. Interview was both verbal and multiple choice questionnaire (mainly to determine if you think it's OK to steal merchandise and what you would do if you caught a customer or coworker steal merchandise). Verbal interview had normal interview questions. After interview was over I went home to find a voice mail saying they wanted to offer me the job and starting wage.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2015.

Interview

Basically, I applied and called a week later for a follow up. The store manager called me I think two weeks after that to request an interview, which I eagerly accepted (excited 16 year old's first job interview). The interview took place in his office, and he took notes on every question in a planned packet. After the interview, he called back again in a reasonable time, saying I would need to get a drug test done, and fill out an online survey. If I was clean (I totally was), I had the job. I also had to make sure I had a working permit from my school. The survey was really simple. It had questions like, "On a scale from 1-10, 10 being strongly agree and 1 being strongly disagree, would you describe yourself as patient with all types of people?" On the first day, my manager took me on a tour of the store to meet the other employees (front end, pharmacists and pharmacist techs). He showed me how the cash register worked, and it was only confusing for the first two days. What I did during the first week was a bunch of CBTs (computer based training programs) and operated the cash register under supervision.

Interview Questions

• If there was a heavy object that weighed more than 50 pounds, what would you do to move it? (not verbatim)   1 Answer
    • Are there any activities you've participated in that involved serving or helping people? (not verbatim)   1 Answer
    • The classic "what makes you a good employee for Rite Aid" (not verbatim)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate; this was my first job ever, so I had no leverage or experience (16 year old).

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I did not even have an interview. I handed in my application and then they gave me a piece of paper with a link to a survey. They told me to fill the survey out and they would call me with in 2 days. They called and asked me to come in and fill in paper work and to go get a drug test done. They also told me that I will be starting over $9/hour which, where I live, is at least $0.25 over the minimum wage and this is my first job.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Toledo, OH).

Interview

They had me go into a back stock room. The manager asked a few general questions about me and my life. She then had me fill out a quiz that asked basic math questions and "what would I do" type questions.

Interview Questions

• There was really nothing out of the ordinary, it was a very easy interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alma, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Alma, MI).

Interview

Honestly this was two years ago, but I don't remember it being difficult at all. I think most of them were behavioral type questions. After I accepted the position, I had to do a drug test and get a background check. The entire process didn't take long, maybe a week.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Lots of stupid questions about teamwork when teamwork has never been utilized at the store in which I work. It was a one on one interview at a totally different Rite Aid location from the one in which I applied for. Having to travel and then find the other location was a pain but I was desperate for a new job and capitulated.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a team to achieve a goal.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Was recruited at a job fair, two in person interviews with basically all situational and behavioral questions. Had a dinner interview as well. At the end of the interview they always asked what your strengths and weaknesses are. Tip, come up really good question. For example, how has the company dealt with decrease in sales, how will it compensate, how is it compensating vs. the growth of it's competitors.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time where you excelled at customer service?   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Barely an interview process. This place is so desperate for employees, they'd take a homeless bum off the street if he could pass a drug test. They have such high turnover, no one is willing to stay. So, don't be nervous about the interview. If they are calling, they already want to hire you.

Human Resources District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterford, MI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Waterford, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

It was the initial screening interview so I just met with the Senior HR Regional Manager in her office, and it was a very brief and informal meeting. Casual vibe and very easy-going.

Interview Questions

• What you are looking for, why you are leaving your current position, basic background questions.   1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a basic interview in the pharmacy manager's office but mine was done by an intern. A really nice guy who just simply asked the questions and wrote down my answers.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone doing something wrong what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Id tell people to not tell the pharmacy that you're in pre-pharmacy because they don't want to hire people who will become pharmacists because they'll have to pay them more as they will become interns. I suggest you put on your resume that you are biology major in the same school you're in. This way, once you get the job, and you get into pharmacy school, you can just tell them that you decided to go to pharmacy school instead of the initial med-school you planned, this will help you A LOT! I know it seems wrong to lie, but you gotta do what you gotta do to land the job! Remember, once you get the job, they can't fire you.