Rite Aid Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2015

2.0

Human Resources Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Queens Village, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Initial communication with the company was good, but once the actual interview happened, things got rather disorganized.
     I was interviewed by several members of management who seemed to have no experience at all at interviewing. Questions were asked from a script that were entirely unrelated to the position I applied for.
     I was told that I was a "Guinea Pig" for a new interview process that they were trying out. The process took HOURS, in which I was confusingly shuttled from group to group, and it seemed that they were not at all interested in my responses, rather, they were using me to learn how to hold an interview. Nobody even looked up from their scripts!
    I had hoped that the HR Manger who was in charge of this stressful mess would have at least had the courtesy to drop me an email telling me that they had chosen another candidate, but unsurprisingly, this never happened. I never heard back, and my followups were ignored. It left me with a poor opinion of this company, and pity for a friend who has to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you empowered an associate and had good results.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service, and it increased sales in your department.   1 Answer

Multi Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Chattanooga, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview, two at least face to face interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time when you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2013.

Interview

passed my resume at a Job fair. got call within three weeks. had a phone interview. Went to district office for next interview with district manager. Then next week had another interview with a store manager.

Interview Questions

• Mostly went over my resume . there were at least five behavioral style question and followup questions. Why you are here?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

pee test, online questionnaire, personal questions from pharmacy manager, constant testing for the 1st year for the pharmacy, ojt., pressure is the # 1 thing for the techs in training, they expect you to do things that you are not trained for and then get very frustrated with you, Then write you for making mistakes. Think you can do this , you need to take classes prior to work.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Martinez, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Have to bring resume in to pharmacy manager in person, they talk about website but they'll just give you a paper application if their interested. Minimum 2 interview at least 2 weeks or more process. They weren't hiring full time, just part time floater which they described as guarantee minimum of 16 hours per week maybe more but max of 35, but insisted you to be flexible enough to not have any 2nd job for if they do call you for more hours Rite Aid would have to be only priority despite only guarantee of 16 hours per week. Said union job w/benefits, wages for northern California bay area start at $14.05/hr and every 1000 hours would increase a little like $14.70/hr up to $16/hr. Floater position would mean regularly work at 1 Rite Aid but could be called any day to work anywhere from Dublin to Vallejo to Woodland/Sacramento, CA area but said Rite Aid would help pay for miles & gas beyond regular work location.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview asked if I was familiar with medicine substitutions like brand vs. generic? And that it is critical to know.   1 Answer
    • 2nd interview w/regional manager gave a math test for like days supply based on prescription data.   1 Answer

Grad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Rite Aid (Fremont, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

he made it very comfortable for me. I spent roughly 30 minutes on the phone. He asked me a lot of self-reflect types of questions. There was one or two questions regarding leadership roles. At the end of the interview, he described to me about the hiring process. And I got the job offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question

Rite Aid Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottsville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Pottsville, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. You go talk to the store manager and if she likes you, you then have to interview with a district manager at a later date. If he likes you then they do multiple background checks on you, a credit check, and they check your driving history. I applied over a month ago and the process is still on going. I've actually given up on Rite Aid.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in April 2015.

Interview

I had my first interview and it was easy, basically filled out the application. At the second interview they did most of the talking. I thought the managers were nice. They seemed to work hard and really enjoy their job. I am still waiting to find out if I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with dealing with customers coming in buying alcohol and sometimes being disruptive?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable unloading a trailer full of merchandise at 4 am periodically?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

You come in and submit your resume. They look it over, ask you about your relevant work experience and more or less, they'll hire you. The interviewers are generally not too difficult on you because Rite Aid is always looking for fresh new meat to hire. Just be careful, polite, and be sure to stress your experience. And dress properly

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Milton, WA) in July 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed by a Store Manager and then the District manager interviewed me. Few days later, I received a call. Then I went in for a drug test and took about to week to get the hiring process done.