Rite Aid

151 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Representative Interview

Queens Village, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2011.

Interview Details – Initial communication with the company was good, but once the actual interview happened, things got rather disorganized.
 I was interviewed by several members of management who seemed to have no experience at all at interviewing. Questions were asked from a script that were entirely unrelated to the position I applied for.
 I was told that I was a "Guinea Pig" for a new interview process that they were trying out. The process took HOURS, in which I was confusingly shuttled from group to group, and it seemed that they were not at all interested in my responses, rather, they were using me to learn how to hold an interview. Nobody even looked up from their scripts!
I had hoped that the HR Manger who was in charge of this stressful mess would have at least had the courtesy to drop me an email telling me that they had chosen another candidate, but unsurprisingly, this never happened. I never heard back, and my followups were ignored. It left me with a poor opinion of this company, and pity for a friend who has to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you empowered an associate and had good results.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you gave excellent customer service, and it increased sales in your department.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Multi Store Manager Interview

Multi Store Manager
Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, two at least face to face interviews.

Interview Question – Tell about a time when you had to think outside the box to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – passed my resume at a Job fair. got call within three weeks. had a phone interview. Went to district office for next interview with district manager. Then next week had another interview with a store manager.

Interview Question – Mostly went over my resume . there were at least five behavioral style question and followup questions. Why you are here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – yes

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in April 2013.

Interview Details – Interview with the pharmacy manager and then store manager.

Interview Question – What experience do you have in the medical field?   Answer Question

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2012.

Interview Details – Its just one interview than if you're hired, you have to go thru drug test and background check that might take up to two weeks

Interview Question – your experience dealing with angry customer   Answer Question

Documentation Specialist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2007.

Interview Details – My interview process was a bit out of the ordinary because I was basically an internal candidate. I had some previous interactions with the hiring manager previously, so that was in my favor. Also, I had previously done some of the type of work that was required in this position.

Given the company's commitment to creating a positive work environment, I am guessing they will be more focused on hiring with that in mind. While qualifications for the job will still be important, they will likely be looking just as hard at candidate personaliites. If there are two people with similar experience up for the same position, the one who has a personality that is easy, positive, fun, could edge out the other candidate and get the offer.

Interview Question – What is one thing that you have been challenged to change about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated my start date would be later than they intially requested.

Asset Protection Agent Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details – The interview for me was in College Park, despite me living in Baltimore. I was offered the job after the interview and did my drug test in Baltimore. They want a specific clinic for the test which has a really long wait so bring something to read

Interview Question – Most places will ask for a strength and a weakness. Just in case I usually prepare two of each. Rite Aid asked me for three of each. I know it doesn't seem that big of a deal but it caught me off guard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The district manager offered me the job after the interview. She gave me her card to call her to let her know my answer. They ask if you can answer relatively soon, giving you a couple of days.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Wellness Ambassador
Angels Camp, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details – I started by applying online, got a phone call a few weeks later from the front end store manager. We talked on the phone and discussed a time that worked for the both of us to get together for an interview. After the first interview, I was told right then and there that I would be getting another interview for this position. The next interview was with the Pharmacy manager. After this interview, a couple of days passed and I got another phone call from the front end manager telling me I had passed the interview with the pharmacy manager, and I would need to travel to the main branch for my district to speak with the pharmacy district manager. This interview was a little more stressful and much more scripted. I was told that I would be called within the week with a yes or a no, and that I would not just be left out in the wind. A week passed to the day and the phone rang. They offered me the position. Overall, it was a lot of work, but worth the hassles.

Interview Question – Why Rite Aid?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation. This was my first job, they told me what my going rate would be and I took it.

Pharmacy Associate Interview

Pharmacy Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details – Filled out simple application and brought it in, met with the pharmacist, got a called back in a few days and got an interview scheduled (brought a resume with me- not required), met the pharmacy manager, he asked typical questions, he thought I would be a good addition to the pharmacy so he told me congratulations, shook my hand, and hired me.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not bad at all

Shift Supervisor Interview

Renton, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2010.

Interview Details – Basic interview with store manager, followed by interview with District Manager

Interview Question – Basic customer service questions   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid interview questions and advice. All 151 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees and interview candidates.