Rite Aid Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015
Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.0

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2012.

Minimum of 2 interviews, drug and background checks 3-4 week process. Behavioral style interviews with 5-6 questions per interview. Ops and HR level interviews. The interviews were fair and were generally 1:1 but could be phone, as well.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid.

Was brought in the pharmacy to speak to the pharmacy manager. Great experience. They understood where I was coming from and respected my experience and drive. They kept the interview short and discussed when it would be a good time to begin training. Store management was great.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid.

I applied in person. I didn't hear anything for another couple months. I went in for an interview. It lasted maybe 15-20 minutes. It was very relaxed. I got asked basic questions. And I was offered the job maybe two weeks later. No drug test required.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

1) I applied online on the RIte Aid careers website
    2) one week later, I was contacted by someone from HR for a phone screening.
    3) two days later, I was called to have an interview with the store manager and pharmacy manager
    4) one day later, I went to the nearby store for the first interview
    5) Six days later, I had a second interview wiht the district pharmacy manager and the Wellness Ambassador Team Lead

Interview Questions
    • 1) How do you handle difficult customers?
      2) How do you plan on doing community outreach activities?
      3) Are you willing to become a Pharmacy Technician? (most wellness ambassadors are PTs)
      4) Do you have any marketing/sales experience?

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid.

Very easy interview. Just asked questions regarding my experience in retail. There were a lot of scenario questions and what did you do in this situation question.overall it was a good experience

Interview Questions
    Based on my experience and pervious pay

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Rite Aid in November 2014.

First at career fair, then the DM called me to set up a first formal interview. After that, hr contacted me for a second interview. I didn't hear back until I reached out to dm one month later and was told I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
    • A time when you went above and beyond with a customer? Would you be willing to be a manager?
      How important are sales to you?
      Name a time you worked with a difficult person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in January 2015.

Applied online, called in for an interview a week later. Was interviewed by the store manager. Interview was professional but very comfortable. Basic interview questions. Felt great leaving the store. Called in a week later for a second interview with the district manager. Interview was very relaxed but professional. Basic management related questions. Was given an updated benefits packet, sent in for drug testing and signed paperwork for my background check. Once those come back the store manager will complete the hiring process. :)

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you offered great customer service.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if an associate reported seeing another associate shop lifting.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer was irate.   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer needed help but you were busy stocking shelves.   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Rite Aid.

Very quick and casual. Basic questions about work related task and how I would handle different situations. Overall a very easy process and everyone is really good about making sure you know what you are doing.

Interview Questions
    Talked back and forth and came to agreement about pay. Don't be afraid to ask. Everyone was very friendly and casual nothing to be nervous about. Just be yourself and realistic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Acton, MA

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2014.

Overall it was a great expierience the only thing I wish they would have covered was the pay and benifits. I liked both the district manager and store manager they both seemed very nice and reasonable people

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiating as of now

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid.

I at first had a face to face interview with a district manager, then a phone interview and second face to face interview with another district manager for the district that was interested in hiring me. The whole process took about 14 days. I got an immediate phone call the very next day after my first interview to have a phone interview which took place about 3 days later. During the phone interview was when we set up the second in-person interview the following week. I received my offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • Series of 6 situational/behavioral questions:
      -Why retail pharmacy? Why Rite Aid?
      -Name a time when you put your needs aside to help someone else finish a task
      -Name a time when you had to deal with a lot of things at once

No negotiation