Rite Aid

Updated Dec 16, 2014
Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.0

Pharmacy Cashier Interview

I came in filled out application then I received a call a few days later from the manager and was hired wasn't to complicated.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation she said x i said yes

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

The general process can be rather organized and short, they expect a male applicant to be available for truck days/nights and overnight shifts. Younger female applicants can also expect this questioning for availability as older applicants usually work in the morning/daytime. Interview will be 1:1.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you plan on staying with the company? or In what way did you ever help a customer achieve what they were looking for?   View Answer
    I was immediately told that I can work, knowing full well that I was needed for the job. The only negotiation there is to be had is in regards to scheduling (somewhat flexible but not 100%) and starting pay (depending on the store, union or non-union, this can be negotiated by only as much as $1 in NYC, from experience).

Cashier/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

It's a pretty simple interview, you go in to the store, the manager sits with you, he asks you a couple of questions, whether you do drugs, when you can work, all simple questions. But after the interview you need to take an online test, once you take it and pass it you'll be sent to a facility where they will examine you for drugs. After that, if you pass both exams, you begin to work. This process takes about one to two weeks, depending on the manager and how quickly he moves.

Interview Questions
    • None, the most "difficult" thing is the online test which is super easy.   Answer Question
    You are not able to negotiate the pay, as everyone starts the same. But for night shift, you get 50 cents more.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erwin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erwin, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

Manager called me did a brief interview and was hired. Did background check and drug test and now I'm loving my job.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult life experience you could relate to this job?   View Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

There were a lot of questions that wanted you to share times where you had to handle poor performers, drive sales, and implement change.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any unexpected questions, they were pretty standard among retail management questions. Just know examples of when you succeeded in different formats and when you had to have difficult conversations with a team member.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online – interviewed at Rite Aid in May 2013.

Very easy to get into if you have the right degree and know the right people.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions for me, but may be difficult for others.   Answer Question
    They were friendly and easy to negotiate with.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Found job through online site, met with District Manager and HR Director, had a second interview with District Manager, received a call about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How has your schooling changed you or adapted you as a manager?   Answer Question

Category Analyst Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid in April 2013.

One face-to-face interview with the director and senior director. Pretty simple, not too hard of questions. Really looking for a guy with excel and computer skills. Not really looking for a "people=person" or a team player; just someone to crunch numbers and print out excel sheets.

Interview Questions
    • Why this an not another type of analyst position such as financial or banking?   View Answer

Asset Protection Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Rite Aid in April 2013.

The interview was just a one on one interview where I only encountered the district loss prevention manager for Rite Aid. It was an easy interview he simply reiterated the skills and degrees that were listed on my resume and I just restated what the resume said. Since he was so impressed with my resume I did not really need to do anything but agree with the facts on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected or difficult questions because he simply read my resume and was very satisfied with it.   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated the low amount of pay that I got because looking back I am sure I could have talked him into something more than what he offered. So I would recommend that you negotiate for a higher wage than what he offers but do not take it to far either, be reasonable.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid in April 2013.

Interview with the pharmacy manager and then store manager.