Rite Aid Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online took about three days to get a call back. Got scheduled for interview with HR manager and District manager. Got different sets of questions from both kinda like round robin style. Entire interview took roughly about an hour and a half. We touched on a multitude of topics from management style to shrink.

Interview Questions

• Walking into a store as the new store manager what would be my first order of Business ?   Answer Question
    • How have I handled an emotional decision ?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when I had to overcome animosity in the workplace ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being able to understand what you bring to the table for the company while finding out how the company is doing. Example would be stock price, partnerships with other brands as well as how is the company doing year to date.

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I first filled out an application for employment and returned it to my local Rite Aid on the same day. I was then instructed to fill out a brief survey online and was contacted within two days for a formal interview. The manager asked basic questions about past experiences with customer service. Nothing to worry about.

Wellness Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I emailed my resume directly to the Hiring Manager for a position after seeing a job posting on the window of a local Rite Aid store, and my email was answered the next day inviting me for an interview the following Monday. Monday came, but the interview had to be postponed to Wednesday. On that Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Asset Protection Agent, but the person I interviewed with thought my personality was so "dynamic" and "engaging", that he asked if he could consider recommending me for the Wellness Ambassador position. I wasn't familiar with that position, but I was in desperate need to begin working, so I was open to the suggestion. I was asked to be certain to fill out an online application while waiting for the next interview. Two days later, I got a call from a representative in Human Resources, who conducted a "pre-screening" of me over the phone, which was a very basic and pleasant interview. She kindly informed me that I would need to fill out a survey if I had not done so with my application, and if not, she would email it to me. One Monday of the next week, I got an email from the Human Resource representative to let me know that she would be forwarding all of my application "materials" over the Hiring Manager in the Pharmacy department of the store in which the position was available. (I assume that meant I passed the survey, as the process probably would have ended there if I had not.) Two days later, I got a call from the Pharmacy Manager (hiring manager) to schedule an interview for the very next day. During the interview, I met with both the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. They were very busy that day, so they could not be as formal about the interview as they would have liked to, but they both explained to me the gist of the job duties, what they would expect from me, the hours I can expect to work, etc. After all that, the Pharmacy Manager said, "I think you would be GREAT for this job. I will go ahead and submit my recommendation for you." So, I was then scheduled for another meeting with the Supervisor over the Pharmacy Manager as well as the Human Resource Representative. This particular interview was a lot more frustrating, as it was much longer than any of the other interviews, the questions were all very scenario-based, and the number of questions asked seemed endless. Before the questions, however, I was asked to watch a short video of a Wellness Ambassador at work, which I thought was impressive. I was then shown the job description of the Wellness Ambassador, and then the two of them took turns asking the questions. The interview last well over an hour. They thanked me, told me that they would be in touch within the next day or two, and that they would let me know their "decision", which I was confused about considering I'd already gotten a "decision" from the person who was doing the actual hiring. Finally, after 3 restless days of waiting, I finally got the call from the Pharmacy Manager that I could go finish up the next steps of the "hiring process".

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which your superior asked you to do a job that you felt you were not necessarily equipped or qualified to do. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then 2 interviews afterwards. the first in person interview was very easy and formal with both the manager and pharmacy manager. The 2nd interview is a bit frustrating because they send you to the main branch which is very difficult to get to, to make it worse they show lack of interest in interviewing you, the human resource manager was more interested in reading her emails then pursuing the interview, very unprofessional! I wasn't even given a fair shot, the interview was rather short instead of being an hour long. Complete waste of time!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you encountered a conflict with another coworker and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was promoted from within, it was a two interview process. One with a pharmacy district manager and then when that interview is considered "qualified" - your interview is then sent to a "talent scout" for wellness people of sorts. When these two interviews are completed you are then sent for your drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult customer service situation that you have ever been faced with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are able to negotiate some flexibility in your hours, not much with your pay. There is an ideal wellness schedule that you should be following that matches peak customer service hours. The base rate for pay I believe is 11.

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (New Brunswick, NJ) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back in two weeks, Interview with store manger.

Interview Questions

Salary was about the same that i currently make.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The general process can be rather organized and short, they expect a male applicant to be available for truck days/nights and overnight shifts. Younger female applicants can also expect this questioning for availability as older applicants usually work in the morning/daytime. Interview will be 1:1.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with the company? or In what way did you ever help a customer achieve what they were looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was immediately told that I can work, knowing full well that I was needed for the job. The only negotiation there is to be had is in regards to scheduling (somewhat flexible but not 100%) and starting pay (depending on the store, union or non-union, this can be negotiated by only as much as $1 in NYC, from experience).

Cashier/Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Astoria, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

It's a pretty simple interview, you go in to the store, the manager sits with you, he asks you a couple of questions, whether you do drugs, when you can work, all simple questions. But after the interview you need to take an online test, once you take it and pass it you'll be sent to a facility where they will examine you for drugs. After that, if you pass both exams, you begin to work. This process takes about one to two weeks, depending on the manager and how quickly he moves.

Interview Questions

• None, the most "difficult" thing is the online test which is super easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You are not able to negotiate the pay, as everyone starts the same. But for night shift, you get 50 cents more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Hoboken, NJ) in May 2013.

Interview

It was pretty simple. Fit questions, overview of your resume and what you think you can bring to the company. I was interviewed twice, once by the hiring manager then the second time by the Pharmacy District manager. Overall it was a good experience and it was fairly simply.

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Bronx, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

I put in a paper application at the store. I was called back the next day for an interview by the store manager. pretty easy interview process. he explained the pay rate and that it was a union job. i was given the paperwork to take a drug test and he put in for my background check and after about a week he called me back to ask if i was interested in the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiating