Rite Aid

Relevance Date Difficulty

Rite Aid Wellness Ambassador Interview

Rite Aid Wellness Ambassador
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interview, then 2 interviews afterwards. the first in person interview was very easy and formal with both the manager and pharmacy manager. The 2nd interview is a bit frustrating because they send you to the main branch which is very difficult to get to, to make it worse they show lack of interest in interviewing you, the human resource manager was more interested in reading her emails then pursuing the interview, very unprofessional! I wasn't even given a fair shot, the interview was rather short instead of being an hour long. Complete waste of time!!!!!!

Interview Question – Name a time when you encountered a conflict with another coworker and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Loss Prevention Agent
New Brunswick, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call back in two weeks, Interview with store manger.

Interview Question – Nothing un-usual   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary was about the same that i currently make.

Front End Cashier Interview

Front End Cashier
Bronx, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2013.

Interview Details – I put in a paper application at the store. I was called back the next day for an interview by the store manager. pretty easy interview process. he explained the pay rate and that it was a union job. i was given the paperwork to take a drug test and he put in for my background check and after about a week he called me back to ask if i was interested in the position.

Interview Question – none was difficult or unexpected. pretty predictable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Cashier/Clerk Interview

Cashier/Clerk
Middletown, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Rite Aid in September 2012.

Interview Details – you apply via paper app. and when you turn it in make sure you give it to a manager. They will give you a card with instructions to go online and fill out this survey type thing. If they give you the card, your almost guaranteed an interview. When you go in for the interview they will bring you into the office and start. it is a standard interview. Nothing to hard or anything.

Negotiation Details – i was able to negotiate pay because of my experience.

Co-Manager Interview

Co-Manager
Mount Kisco, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2011.

Interview Details – Starts off with application accompanied with a resume, followed by an initial interview with the store manager. Afterwards, a phone interview with the district manager and the human resources manager takes place, sometimes over the phone.

Interview Question – What what is your plan to increase sales, customer and employee satisfaction, while fulfilling tasks,even if there are budget or personnel constraints?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was promoted into the position and they offered me the job

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Harrison, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in April 2009.

Interview Details – There was one interview, about 3-4 questions, ironing out of details and pay and I was hired. Very simple, straight forward provess for a first job.

Negotiation Details – There was none, they started me at the minimum wage.

Pharmacy Assistant Interview

Bronx, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – Interview lasted about 15 minutes. They only asked simple questions and what skills I had that made me qualify for the position. Went straight to the paper work, but manager did not bring it to my attention that he placed me as a front-end cashier, and that my payment was going to be minimum wage.

Negotiation Details – None

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Washington Townships, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – Regular/basic interview questions; "What if...", past work experiences with encountering difficult situations and what I had to do to arise from that situation, why do you want to work for us,

Interview Question – What can you do for our company that others cannot   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 7.55 per hour

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Middletown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called for an interview within 2 weeks of applying. HR Manager was very helpful and direct throughout the process. She showed much enthusiasm and interest in me being an addition to their company and also gave personal advice on growing within the corporation. Interviewed with District Manager and then offered the position the next day. Contacted by the store manager 2 days later for background & drug screening. 6 days after the background check and drug screening, I am expected to come in to complete paperwork and begin training as a Shift Supervisor with the Rite Aid corp. Overall a great experience from all employees of this company. Very smooth and straight forward process.

Interview Question – All questions were simple and straight to the point. All questions were about my current position as a Customer Service Manager at a leading competitor. Was given information about the position that was being offered and spoke about opportunity for growth within the company. Only 1 interview question was asked, along of the lines of naming strengths and weaknesses. Simple question, keep it professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered position at $11/hr. Was about to wiggle out another $.25 for commuting. I'd say the pay rate is pretty as is/very little room for negotiation.

Wellness/Cashier Interview

Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Contact via job fair

Interview Question – What was your most challenging task in your previous job?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees and interview candidates.