Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

1.9

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was with the pharmacy manager and the second was with the front-end manager. Both interviews flowed easily, and they both were very personable. The next step was the online personality evaluation. Those, I feel aren't really necessary.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Employee in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Martinez, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Have to bring resume in to pharmacy manager in person, they talk about website but they'll just give you a paper application if their interested. Minimum 2 interview at least 2 weeks or more process. They weren't hiring full time, just part time floater which they described as guarantee minimum of 16 hours per week maybe more but max of 35, but insisted you to be flexible enough to not have any 2nd job for if they do call you for more hours Rite Aid would have to be only priority despite only guarantee of 16 hours per week. Said union job w/benefits, wages for northern California bay area start at $14.05/hr and every 1000 hours would increase a little like $14.70/hr up to $16/hr. Floater position would mean regularly work at 1 Rite Aid but could be called any day to work anywhere from Dublin to Vallejo to Woodland/Sacramento, CA area but said Rite Aid would help pay for miles & gas beyond regular work location.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview asked if I was familiar with medicine substitutions like brand vs. generic? And that it is critical to know.   1 Answer
    • 2nd interview w/regional manager gave a math test for like days supply based on prescription data.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Pooler, GA).

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. I was asked situation questions, which required me to be quick on my feet in responding. Also have an idea of what the top 200 drugs are. Come in there with a positive mood and you will more than likely land the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid (Granville, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. Only had one interview with the pharmacy manager in the patient consultation room. Was her first interview so she read off a template. After interview i had to do a survey at home on my computer and it took a week for corporate to give her the ok to offer me a position. I went in a couple days later to fill out background paperwork and had drug test the next week. Few days later was informed everything checked out and i could start as soon as i could come in and finish the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• When did i work with a team to find a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered a pay better than she thought she would be allowed to offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Albany, NY).

Interview

Submitted application, received a call for an interview after a week. I had a 30 minute conversation with the supervising pharmacist, I was a student with no experience and there were no questions that caught me off guard. got a call two days later that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, nothing outside of basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gray, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Gray, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an email from my school saying they were looking for a pharm tech, so I emailed the pharmacist and we set up an interview. I was one of 7 who applied for the job. I went out to the location and the pharmacist showed me around a little bit and explained a little bit about the pharmacy and then went into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something you do that is a pet peeve to most other people?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I walked into the store and spoke with the pharmacist and handed her my resume.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

llittle to no interview...piece of cake

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed. you start at minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erwin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Rite Aid (Erwin, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

Manager called me did a brief interview and was hired. Did background check and drug test and now I'm loving my job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult life experience you could relate to this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Rite Aid (Baltimore, MD) in April 2013.

Interview

Interview with the pharmacy manager and then store manager.