Rite Aid Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a basic interview in the pharmacy manager's office but mine was done by an intern. A really nice guy who just simply asked the questions and wrote down my answers.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone doing something wrong what would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Id tell people to not tell the pharmacy that you're in pre-pharmacy because they don't want to hire people who will become pharmacists because they'll have to pay them more as they will become interns. I suggest you put on your resume that you are biology major in the same school you're in. This way, once you get the job, and you get into pharmacy school, you can just tell them that you decided to go to pharmacy school instead of the initial med-school you planned, this will help you A LOT! I know it seems wrong to lie, but you gotta do what you gotta do to land the job! Remember, once you get the job, they can't fire you.

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

Two interviews. The first was with the pharmacy manager and the second was with the front-end manager. Both interviews flowed easily, and they both were very personable. The next step was the online personality evaluation. Those, I feel aren't really necessary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Martinez, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Martinez, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Have to bring resume in to pharmacy manager in person, they talk about website but they'll just give you a paper application if their interested. Minimum 2 interview at least 2 weeks or more process. They weren't hiring full time, just part time floater which they described as guarantee minimum of 16 hours per week maybe more but max of 35, but insisted you to be flexible enough to not have any 2nd job for if they do call you for more hours Rite Aid would have to be only priority despite only guarantee of 16 hours per week. Said union job w/benefits, wages for northern California bay area start at $14.05/hr and every 1000 hours would increase a little like $14.70/hr up to $16/hr. Floater position would mean regularly work at 1 Rite Aid but could be called any day to work anywhere from Dublin to Vallejo to Woodland/Sacramento, CA area but said Rite Aid would help pay for miles & gas beyond regular work location.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview asked if I was familiar with medicine substitutions like brand vs. generic? And that it is critical to know.   1 Answer
    • 2nd interview w/regional manager gave a math test for like days supply based on prescription data.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pooler, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Pooler, GA).

Interview

The interview was very professional, yet comfortable. I was asked situation questions, which required me to be quick on my feet in responding. Also have an idea of what the top 200 drugs are. Come in there with a positive mood and you will more than likely land the job.

Anonymous Employee in Granville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Granville, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview the next day. Only had one interview with the pharmacy manager in the patient consultation room. Was her first interview so she read off a template. After interview i had to do a survey at home on my computer and it took a week for corporate to give her the ok to offer me a position. I went in a couple days later to fill out background paperwork and had drug test the next week. Few days later was informed everything checked out and i could start as soon as i could come in and finish the paperwork.

Interview Questions

• When did i work with a team to find a solution to a problem?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Was offered a pay better than she thought she would be allowed to offer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Albany, NY).

Interview

Submitted application, received a call for an interview after a week. I had a 30 minute conversation with the supervising pharmacist, I was a student with no experience and there were no questions that caught me off guard. got a call two days later that I had gotten the job.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, nothing outside of basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Camden, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

They must have confused me with someone else because I never had a formal interview. I merely walked into the store, noticed the sign that said they were looking for a Pharmacy technician and I talked to the head pharmacist about it. She linked me up with the proper codes to get into the automated application system, and then it just went from there.

Interview Questions

• Computerized personality inventory left me completely confused as to whether I was honest enough.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gray, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Gray, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

I received an email from my school saying they were looking for a pharm tech, so I emailed the pharmacist and we set up an interview. I was one of 7 who applied for the job. I went out to the location and the pharmacist showed me around a little bit and explained a little bit about the pharmacy and then went into the interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something you do that is a pet peeve to most other people?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

I walked into the store and spoke with the pharmacist and handed her my resume.

Negotiation

no negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

llittle to no interview...piece of cake

Negotiation

no negotiation allowed. you start at minimum wage.