Rite Aid Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.7

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2013.

The general process can be rather organized and short, they expect a male applicant to be available for truck days/nights and overnight shifts. Younger female applicants can also expect this questioning for availability as older applicants usually work in the morning/daytime. Interview will be 1:1.

Interview Questions
  • How long do you plan on staying with the company? or In what way did you ever help a customer achieve what they were looking for?   View Answer
I was immediately told that I can work, knowing full well that I was needed for the job. The only negotiation there is to be had is in regards to scheduling (somewhat flexible but not 100%) and starting pay (depending on the store, union or non-union, this can be negotiated by only as much as $1 in NYC, from experience).

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2013.

Hiring process was a bit dragged out. I had to keep post-poning the interview with the Store Manager because she was either going away on Vacation without telling me or was up to some other odd thing. I felt like when we actually got together to have the interview she wasn't as prepared as could be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Narragansett, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Narragansett, RI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Rite Aid in December 2010.

The interview was brief. I was recommended for the job by a friend who already worked for the company. The interview was basically just to ask when I could start and what my availability was.

Interview Questions
    This was an hourly position so there were no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bennington, VT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bennington, VT

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2009.

I had an initial interview after I submitted my application. It was very professional and I was highly satisfied with the integrity of the manager. This particular manager I felt had a great understanding of what was needed from their employees and this was communicated to me effectively through the interview. The follow up interview deemed equally appropriate. It did take some time however for my paperwork to pass through however. That I am sure was just a technical difficulty and not the fault of any one specific entity.

Interview Questions
    • The most Difficult question for me personally was when I was asked to define qualities about myself that I felt were outstanding. It is often very challenging to define yourself without seeming too over confident or arrogant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quakertown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quakertown, PA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rite Aid in September 2010.

Filled out application in-store and was given a number to call for a personality test. Called in for an interview a week or so later for an in person interview. When I showed up I was asked taken in to managers office which is practically the size of a closet. Very lax enviroment; I showed up to interview in school uniform and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    Minimum wage start rate no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in May 2011.

It took an entire month for me to get hired. First you fill out a paper application and hand it in to the store manager. They love having their egos stroked. Dress nicely; they love that. Call a few days to a week later and they'll let you know if they want you to come in to do the assessment. It's a joke. Basic questions you really should know the answers to. After that, give it another week and call back. I did and it took them forever to process me. I went in for a simple interview, pretended to be nice and like people, and here I am, a not so proud employee of Rite Aid.

Absolutely no negotiation. As the manager said, I made "a measly $7.25 an hour."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tennessee City, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tennessee City, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2012.

I submitted an application, and I was contacted a few weeks later. The initial interview was very laid back, the Store Manager asked me a few simple questions (IE; Do you feel comfortable with the job requirements given that you have no prior experience?).

Once the interview was concluded, I was given the drug test sheet. Once the background check and drug test came back, I was called in for training.

I had no previous work history, so I was in no position to try negotiating pay.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2012.

Went in, grabbed application, got called the next day to meet with manager that same day and was offered a job.

Too little pay.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in March 2009.

I filled out an application about 6 months before they even called me, and had pretty much forgot about them. One day I got a random phone call from them wanting me to come in for an interview and I didn't have a job at the time so I came in, she asked me a few simple questions, and hired me on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2009.

It was very easy. I took a phone interview with a machine, and after I passed that I had a 1:1 interview. She didn't ask me any hard questions just the basics. Probably because it was my first job, and she knew that.

Interview Questions

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!