Rite Aid Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

1.7

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview

handed in my app, couple days later got a call to come in, didn't really get an interview, questions were on the app although drug test and background check was extremely long wait to get back

Other Interview Reviews for Rite Aid

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Wilmington, DE) in May 2014.

Interview

I came to the store and asked for a application. The store manager gave me an application form, and I had to take a survey online. The interview is fair and the store manager is very friendly. I met the store manager and she asked a couple questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions

• If someone stole something (either an employee or a customer), what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Worcester, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was a bit dragged out. I had to keep post-poning the interview with the Store Manager because she was either going away on Vacation without telling me or was up to some other odd thing. I felt like when we actually got together to have the interview she wasn't as prepared as could be.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Brooklyn, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

The general process can be rather organized and short, they expect a male applicant to be available for truck days/nights and overnight shifts. Younger female applicants can also expect this questioning for availability as older applicants usually work in the morning/daytime. Interview will be 1:1.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan on staying with the company? or In what way did you ever help a customer achieve what they were looking for?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was immediately told that I can work, knowing full well that I was needed for the job. The only negotiation there is to be had is in regards to scheduling (somewhat flexible but not 100%) and starting pay (depending on the store, union or non-union, this can be negotiated by only as much as $1 in NYC, from experience).

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

Quick, Simple, fast. They just want to get a read of you and see what kind of person you are. So smile, if your young, be humble and polite and listen to them.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We did negotiate anything....................

Anonymous Employee in Tennessee City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Tennessee City, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

I submitted an application, and I was contacted a few weeks later. The initial interview was very laid back, the Store Manager asked me a few simple questions (IE; Do you feel comfortable with the job requirements given that you have no prior experience?). Once the interview was concluded, I was given the drug test sheet. Once the background check and drug test came back, I was called in for training.

Negotiation

I had no previous work history, so I was in no position to try negotiating pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rite Aid in May 2011.

Interview

It took an entire month for me to get hired. First you fill out a paper application and hand it in to the store manager. They love having their egos stroked. Dress nicely; they love that. Call a few days to a week later and they'll let you know if they want you to come in to do the assessment. It's a joke. Basic questions you really should know the answers to. After that, give it another week and call back. I did and it took them forever to process me. I went in for a simple interview, pretended to be nice and like people, and here I am, a not so proud employee of Rite Aid.

Negotiation

Absolutely no negotiation. As the manager said, I made "a measly $7.25 an hour."

Anonymous Employee in Shenandoah, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Shenandoah, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

Good. Questions were clear and fair. I was given a chance to ask all my own questions as well. Conditions of employment were clearly laid out. I was asked my availablitiy and preferred schedule.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Narragansett, RI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Narragansett, RI) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview was brief. I was recommended for the job by a friend who already worked for the company. The interview was basically just to ask when I could start and what my availability was.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This was an hourly position so there were no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Quakertown, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Rite Aid (Quakertown, PA) in September 2010.

Interview

Filled out application in-store and was given a number to call for a personality test. Called in for an interview a week or so later for an in person interview. When I showed up I was asked taken in to managers office which is practically the size of a closet. Very lax enviroment; I showed up to interview in school uniform and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Minimum wage start rate no negotiation