Rite Aid

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Tyrone, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details – I called the location to speak with the hiring manager lots of times it was hard to get in touch with her when I finally got in touch with her I have her my name and number and she said she'll call back 2 days later she called me for a interview and she liked I had a phone interview with the regional manager and I had a background check and was sent to take a drug test and started a week after drug test interview was really laid back

Interview Question – Pass experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation I took the wage because I needed the job

Columbia, SC

I applied in-person - interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2012.

Interview Details – I had an informal interview with both the manager and district manager. I didn't try to negotiate the salary much because I knew from past experience that it would be between 9 and 10 bucks an hour but I needed a job so I took it and now I am applying everywhere I can to make the money I should for having a Bachelor's Degree.

Sneedville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in November 2012.

Interview Details – took three interviews for a minimum wage job

Interview Question – how many employees steal percentage wise   Answer Question

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2014.

Interview Details – Quick and painless process. I meet with 3 Managers for about 1 1/2 hours.

Interview Question – Describing past experiences to make it relate to company experiences.   Answer Question

Liverpool, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in October 2012.

Interview Details – Employee application, then interview with store manager, then interview with district manager and human resources manager, then background and drug testing. The whole process takes about two weeks, that’s average.

Interview Question – I would have to say “why do you want to work for this company” is the most difficult. The honest answer would be to say because I need a job to pay my bills but we all know they want something more personal and want to hear something positive about their company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much of one, they told me what they would pay me and if I wanted the job I had to accept. Most companies do not negotiate with the candidates anymore because the economy is so bad. Basically you are forced to take what they will offer if you need work because there are more people behind you in line trying for the same job.

Albany, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in February 2012.

Interview Details – First are required to complete an online assessment that asks you a bunch of different personality tests. Just answer honestly and don't admit to past drug use if it is behind you.

Interview Question – Name a time where you did something unethical?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Shift Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details – Basic Retail questions.You are asked scenario questions i.e. What would would do if? If you get a chance to meet the DM they will most likely ask questions on management skills how would you handle employees who are lazy, difficult customers, task management. Storemanager may also ask.

Negotiation Details – when it comes to salary they asked would you be willing to pay cut. Because I made more money at the time.

Middletown, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online. Was called for an interview within 2 weeks of applying. HR Manager was very helpful and direct throughout the process. She showed much enthusiasm and interest in me being an addition to their company and also gave personal advice on growing within the corporation. Interviewed with District Manager and then offered the position the next day. Contacted by the store manager 2 days later for background & drug screening. 6 days after the background check and drug screening, I am expected to come in to complete paperwork and begin training as a Shift Supervisor with the Rite Aid corp. Overall a great experience from all employees of this company. Very smooth and straight forward process.

Interview Question – All questions were simple and straight to the point. All questions were about my current position as a Customer Service Manager at a leading competitor. Was given information about the position that was being offered and spoke about opportunity for growth within the company. Only 1 interview question was asked, along of the lines of naming strengths and weaknesses. Simple question, keep it professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered position at $11/hr. Was about to wiggle out another $.25 for commuting. I'd say the pay rate is pretty as is/very little room for negotiation.

Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in July 2012.

Interview Details – First interview took place with a Store Manager and was mainly to obtain availability and work experience. Next interview was for part time shift supervisor with DM and HRM. Did great with the interview. Called me same day and offered me Full time Assistant Manager position instead. Went in for background check and drug test the following week; Two weeks later I began training.

Interview Question – DM asked me to give him an example of what makes a good store, then asked for another right after, then another. Very quick thinking is helpful   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Once the DM offered the position/pay rate, I immediately accepted. there was no negotiating

Chattanooga, TN

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and called the store I was applying at. The manager there told me to call the "area manager." Basically the area manager has 5 stores that he is in charge of. The shift managers are under him and run the store on a daily basis. The interview was just some basic questions and answers although I did have to fo to three different stores in this process. The background check seemed to take unusually long but I have read that that's normal for Rite Aid. I trained at a different location for a couple weeks before even setting foot into my store.
The job is basically being the store manager on a day to day basis. The pay is low for the responsibility that you have. I'm paid more than the people I work with and I only make 9.50. So for 8.50 that they make it definitely isn't worth all of the responsibility of the position. Most weeks we only average 32 hours so that is a gigantic drawback. The positive thing is the management experience looks good on your resume for the future but I wouldn't plan on sticking around for many years or anything because the advancement opportunity is basically a zero.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation the pay depends on experience. With 2years of mgmnt experience I still was offeres way lower than what I thought the pay should be. However being new to the area and needing to have the job I chose to accept the position while keeping my options open for other opportunities.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Rite Aid

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Rite Aid Shift Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Rite Aid employees and interview candidates.