Rite Aid

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wellness Ambassador

I applied online - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details – The process took about 5 weeks start to finish. There was an initial screening with a HR recruiter, immediately after that she had me do a survey. I was then contacted by the pharmacy district manager for an interview. After interviewing with him I was told I would interview with the HR manager, which I did the next day. Then I was called back to interview with the district manager. All the interviews were very informal and were more of a conversation. They made the process very ray and relaxed but they asked the typical interview questions.

Interview Question – How comfortable are you approaching people and stating a conversation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The salary was given during the initial interview with the recruiter but during the interview with the PDM I was told that the salary would actually be higher than initially stated, which was true when the offer was made.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in June 2014.

Interview Details – I emailed my resume directly to the Hiring Manager for a position after seeing a job posting on the window of a local Rite Aid store, and my email was answered the next day inviting me for an interview the following Monday. Monday came, but the interview had to be postponed to Wednesday. On that Wednesday, I interviewed for the position of Asset Protection Agent, but the person I interviewed with thought my personality was so "dynamic" and "engaging", that he asked if he could consider recommending me for the Wellness Ambassador position. I wasn't familiar with that position, but I was in desperate need to begin working, so I was open to the suggestion. I was asked to be certain to fill out an online application while waiting for the next interview. Two days later, I got a call from a representative in Human Resources, who conducted a "pre-screening" of me over the phone, which was a very basic and pleasant interview. She kindly informed me that I would need to fill out a survey if I had not done so with my application, and if not, she would email it to me. One Monday of the next week, I got an email from the Human Resource representative to let me know that she would be forwarding all of my application "materials" over the Hiring Manager in the Pharmacy department of the store in which the position was available. (I assume that meant I passed the survey, as the process probably would have ended there if I had not.) Two days later, I got a call from the Pharmacy Manager (hiring manager) to schedule an interview for the very next day. During the interview, I met with both the Pharmacy Manager and the Store Manager. They were very busy that day, so they could not be as formal about the interview as they would have liked to, but they both explained to me the gist of the job duties, what they would expect from me, the hours I can expect to work, etc. After all that, the Pharmacy Manager said, "I think you would be GREAT for this job. I will go ahead and submit my recommendation for you." So, I was then scheduled for another meeting with the Supervisor over the Pharmacy Manager as well as the Human Resource Representative. This particular interview was a lot more frustrating, as it was much longer than any of the other interviews, the questions were all very scenario-based, and the number of questions asked seemed endless. Before the questions, however, I was asked to watch a short video of a Wellness Ambassador at work, which I thought was impressive. I was then shown the job description of the Wellness Ambassador, and then the two of them took turns asking the questions. The interview last well over an hour. They thanked me, told me that they would be in touch within the next day or two, and that they would let me know their "decision", which I was confused about considering I'd already gotten a "decision" from the person who was doing the actual hiring. Finally, after 3 restless days of waiting, I finally got the call from the Pharmacy Manager that I could go finish up the next steps of the "hiring process".

Interview Question – Describe a situation in which your superior asked you to do a job that you felt you were not necessarily equipped or qualified to do. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Angels Camp, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid.

Interview Details – I started by applying online, got a phone call a few weeks later from the front end store manager. We talked on the phone and discussed a time that worked for the both of us to get together for an interview. After the first interview, I was told right then and there that I would be getting another interview for this position. The next interview was with the Pharmacy manager. After this interview, a couple of days passed and I got another phone call from the front end manager telling me I had passed the interview with the pharmacy manager, and I would need to travel to the main branch for my district to speak with the pharmacy district manager. This interview was a little more stressful and much more scripted. I was told that I would be called within the week with a yes or a no, and that I would not just be left out in the wind. A week passed to the day and the phone rang. They offered me the position. Overall, it was a lot of work, but worth the hassles.

Interview Question – Why Rite Aid?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation. This was my first job, they told me what my going rate would be and I took it.

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2012.

Interview Details – Walked-into a local Rite-Aid store to ask if they were hiring. Store manager informed me of this new position they are looking to hire. I filled out an in person application. She called me an hour later to ask me to fill out an on-line survey (for logic). Hiring store manager from another store called me back and did a brief phone interview and set me up to have an interview with the pharmacy manager. After an hour interview with her, she referred me to have an interview with the Pharmacy District manager, who hired me. Did a drug test (within 24 hours) and background check is pending. Also, training is required.

Interview Question – Do a role play: I am the customer and you are the Wellness Ambassador (with an iPad). As the customer, I came into Rite Aid on my lunch break and I am in a rush to purchase an item. How do you approach this customer?   View Answer

Elizabeth, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied via internet, received phone call about 3 months later, interviewed with human resources. Must complete 2 more parts of the interview.

Interview Question – How did you handle a difficult situation with a coworker.   Answer Question

Fresno, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Rite Aid in August 2012.

Interview Details – I apply online during school and did not receive a call until like 3 weeks later for an interview. I went in and the interview process was suppose to be the Pharmacy Manager and store manager, but the Pharmacy manager was not there. The interview took 30 minutes, and the questions that were asked were related to customer service skills. After that interview, Rite Aid call again, saying that there is a second interview. Went in for the second interview and was told that it is a 3 to 1 interview process.

Interview Question – Customer services skills, and work experience.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I decline because I wanted more hours.

Worked for Rite Aid? Contribute to the Community!