Ritz Camera Centers

Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in June 2009.

Interview Details – I responded to a "Help Wanted" Sign on the door. I filled out a boiler plate application and was interviewed by the store manager and district manager. I was hired within a few days.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected. I felt like they were glad to get anyone who seemed reliable and somewhat capable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered a full time sales position and I asked for management. They countered a management trainee position which I accepted.

Temecula, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in September 2008.

Interview Details – Walk in and got a phone call same day

Negotiation Details – Did not try to negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers.

Interview Details – It was a very straight forward interview. I was hired at 18 and became a manager at 20. As long as you know cameras and photography you can get this job if they are hiring.

Interview Question – Durring the interview I was asked to "sell" an Item to the person who was interviewing me. I did quite well but I must say that I did not expect that sort of interaction durring the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was set when I was hired. I had no say in my compensation.

Ogden, UT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in May 2008.

Interview Details – The application is long, like 5 pages, but it helps to weed out the people who don't really care. Most people I saw hired, including myself, only had a single interview with the store manager. Fairly common interview questions.

Interview Question – "How do you feel about the phrase, "The customer is always right?"   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in July 2011.

Interview Details – After submitting an application in person I was interviewed by a single experienced employee on two occasions (employees from different locations). Although the interviews were not exceptionally difficult, they were probably of appropriate difficulty level for the position. I would recommend those seeking employment here to seek an understanding of typical retail environment expectations as well as basic (at a minimum) photography knowledge, especially digital photography.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw a customer that appeared to be attempting to steal merchandise?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in April 2012.

Interview Details – Had a 1 on 1 interview where the basics of the job were laid out for me. A base pay of 8.25 an hour with commission on top of it. The manager told me that if someone is only making the base pay then they are not doing their job.. I'm awaiting the results of a background check before an offer comes through.

Interview Question – Why do you wish to work retail?   View Answer

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in July 2011.

Interview Details – I put in my application, a few days later I was called for an interview, a week later he called to tell me I got the job and when my first day of work was. The interview was really easy and went really well, my manager said he hired me because I was polite, made eye contact, and smiled not because I knew anything about cameras (which I don't).

Interview Question – All the questions were in the application which he reviewed in front of me, if you miss a question they'll ask you that during the interview but no extra questions.   Answer Question

Floater Interview

Floater

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in November 2007.

Interview Details – filled out application. answered photo questions got them right. got the job two days later.

Interview Question – what does it mean to be underexposed?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ritz Camera Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ritz Camera Centers interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ritz Camera Centers employees and interview candidates.