Ritz Camera Centers Interview Questions

1.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ritz Camera Centers

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers (Santa Rosa, CA).

Interview

It was a very straight forward interview. I was hired at 18 and became a manager at 20. As long as you know cameras and photography you can get this job if they are hiring.

Interview Questions

• Durring the interview I was asked to "sell" an Item to the person who was interviewing me. I did quite well but I must say that I did not expect that sort of interaction durring the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay was set when I was hired. I had no say in my compensation.

Salesman/Lab Tech Swingman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was very easy. I had to fill out a job application that had simple math problems designed to simulate adding and subtracting typical monetary values one would see when selling a camera. The in-person review was easy. They just wanted to make sure I had some connection to photography. I told them it's a hobby of mine. I think because I applied for a generic salesman/lab tech swingman job, there wasn't much scrutiny on my photographic knowledge. Later on, I showed them that I had a lot of technical photographic knowledge so I got moved to a sales-only position.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers (Chicago, IL) in June 2009.

Interview

I responded to a "Help Wanted" Sign on the door. I filled out a boiler plate application and was interviewed by the store manager and district manager. I was hired within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected. I felt like they were glad to get anyone who seemed reliable and somewhat capable.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered a full time sales position and I asked for management. They countered a management trainee position which I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers (Temecula, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

Walk in and got a phone call same day

Negotiation

Did not try to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers (Ogden, UT) in May 2008.

Interview

The application is long, like 5 pages, but it helps to weed out the people who don't really care. Most people I saw hired, including myself, only had a single interview with the store manager. Fairly common interview questions.

Interview Questions

• "How do you feel about the phrase, "The customer is always right?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in April 2012.

Interview

Had a 1 on 1 interview where the basics of the job were laid out for me. A base pay of 8.25 an hour with commission on top of it. The manager told me that if someone is only making the base pay then they are not doing their job.. I'm awaiting the results of a background check before an offer comes through.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wish to work retail?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in July 2011.

Interview

After submitting an application in person I was interviewed by a single experienced employee on two occasions (employees from different locations). Although the interviews were not exceptionally difficult, they were probably of appropriate difficulty level for the position. I would recommend those seeking employment here to seek an understanding of typical retail environment expectations as well as basic (at a minimum) photography knowledge, especially digital photography.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a customer that appeared to be attempting to steal merchandise?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in July 2011.

Interview

I put in my application, a few days later I was called for an interview, a week later he called to tell me I got the job and when my first day of work was. The interview was really easy and went really well, my manager said he hired me because I was polite, made eye contact, and smiled not because I knew anything about cameras (which I don't).

Interview Questions

• All the questions were in the application which he reviewed in front of me, if you miss a question they'll ask you that during the interview but no extra questions.   Answer Question

Floater Interview

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ritz Camera Centers in November 2007.

Interview

filled out application. answered photo questions got them right. got the job two days later.

Interview Questions

• what does it mean to be underexposed?   1 Answer