Ritz-Carlton

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Steward Interview

Amelia Island, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2014.

Interview Details – 3rd time's not the charm...being disabled I have to do back of house jobs like this, my last job before I relocated up here I did six years and only when my employer closed down was I forced to leave. I've been applying for this position now 5 years since I moved to the area, yet every time they decide to go with another candidate a couple of weeks later the position is advertised again...at time I'm writing this it is available yet again, but I'm done with this place. This time I was invited to the property itself, one thing I notice your looks will go a long way here. Asked me a lot of questions about customer intimacy and working with the public despite the position having little if any dealing with the public...in 6 years at the other place I only encountered customers twice...both times they were drunk and barged into work area. Other questions about how you work with others, typical team-work inquiries. I did point out during the interview my disability which the interviewer paid no mind and went on with his questioning, I took that as he already made up his mind. The Ritz does encourage the disabled to apply and I did meet a disabled employee prior to the interview, but even that employee looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine. Rejection letter 2 days later.

Interview Question – Tell about how you deal with difficult co-workers? Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Steward Interview

Amelia Island, FL

I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Attended job fair, after introduction the interviewer excused himself to use restroom, let's just say I was waiting a while, felt rather uncomfortable sitting alone in open room while other interviews going on around me, not much questioning, long job description, in fact I asked all the questions!

Interview Question – Like I said I asked the questions and I know just about everything there is for a steward position at the Ritz without getting the job or ever working there! Interview if you can call it that was long detailed description of the operations behind house, I had a feeling the position had already been filled. Good coffee...what more can I say?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ritz-Carlton interview questions and advice in Amelia Island, FL. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ritz-Carlton employees and interview candidates.