Ritz-Carlton

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Corporate Thought Leadership Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2012.

The interview process was fairly corporate. Submit a resume, get a call about a month later with the HR dept for a phone screen. After that I was invited back for an interview with the Director, the VP, and another CTLD. It would have been nice to know that only the Director was going to be in the room with the other two on the phone but that didn't shake me much. The questions were pretty standard (how did you overcome conflict, how did you lead a team, how did you take initiative)

I got a call back a week later to meet with another member of the team. We had an ok discussion and I was given some homework to show my skills. I got a call a few weeks later from the HR guy to say that they were going to continue their search. My only complaint is that their reasoning was vague (they said I didn't have enough experience (in a particular field), even though I showed them no less then 3 improvements (in that field) they could make to increase their exposure). Clearly this was not the reason but because HR is always worried about being sued they come up with BS.

This is a good company and it was a job I was very interested in but frankly because they weren't honest about the reason why I wasn't chosen I'm going to cross them off of my shopping list too.

Interview Questions