Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

3.1

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online, about a week later received a phone call and from that they scheduled an interview. Interview consisted of a panel of 3 which included the head of security, the head of house keeping and the Executive Assistant Manager (EAM).

Interview was predominately behavioral interview questions relating to customer service and why you want to work at The Ritz-Carlton.

At the end of the interview they said they were interviewing other individuals and if interested they would contact me back within the week. They called me back the very next day and made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you provided excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Banquets Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Very professional but still felt casual. Met outside the restaurant, as interviewee asked I answered and they wrote down everything. A lot of scenario questions, what have you done. Be confident and nice. They want nice people to work here, Is a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• All about the customer experience and you being creative and genuine whenever helping a guest   1 Answer

Negotiation

N/A

Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

After submitting an application online you will be contacted by an outside recruiter. This person may or may not know anything about the property or the day to day needs for the job(beyond what they have been told)

The next steps involve questions about your experience where they will want a situation, how you handled it, and what the results were. You should be as detailed as possible and spend some time explain the final outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you planned something and it didn't go the way you expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my pay since i knew i was taking over a position that had originally been 2 separate jobs.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a response in a week to come in for an interview. Interview was in the afternoon: took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with the Front Office Manager. Series of 10-15 behavioral questions regarding performance, anticipating the guests needs (important for quality for the Ritz!) and other questions. Last question was regarding my knowledge of the company. Thought I had a positive experience, even received confirmation from interviewer that he felt that I would be a great fit. Did not receive the position, possibly due to me being a recent graduate with little experience.

Interview Questions

• N/A most questions were typical to this type of interview   Answer Question

Pastry Cook Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions

• The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2014.

Interview

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions

• Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions

• I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Questions

• Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Denver, CO).

Interview

I applied on line two years ago and was called in for an interview in less than 2 weeks with the spa manager. Right after the verbal interview we proceeded to a hands on practical. Before I left she said she wanted me to meet with, I'm assuming the spa director. So I thought, "Yay, this is good!". A few days later I had the next interview. It was the "talent plus" questions and about my availability. Granted it was for on-call, I was being honest and told then I had a full time job, going to school and planning a wedding. I know TMI! Long story short, I didn't get the job but re-applied a week ago, the day, the position became available. They declined my application the next day saying they "decided to go with another candidate", but I KNOW they don't hire in a day. A new position came up the next day, so I applied, again. I got the same email 3 days later. And yes, both positions that they claimed to be filled, are still up and "accepting applications". Very disappointing. Just don't reply instead of lying. I thought the Ritz Carlton values were higher than that.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but a lot of the questions had the same feel. "Explain a time in which you worked in a difficult situation and what you did to handle it? How did it make you feel?"   1 Answer