Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

3.1

Pastry Cook Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I sent HR my resume, who then sent it to the Pastry Chef. He contacted me about setting up an interview. The interview consisted of a variety of behavioral questions, along with a couple questions about my background and interests. After my interview with the Pastry Chef, I was contacted again to speak with the HR Manager and the General Manager.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were basic, just make sure you have a couple scenarios in your mind prior to the interview. For example: a time you had to work within a group, a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it, etc.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aspen, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions
    • I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I applied on line two years ago and was called in for an interview in less than 2 weeks with the spa manager. Right after the verbal interview we proceeded to a hands on practical. Before I left she said she wanted me to meet with, I'm assuming the spa director. So I thought, "Yay, this is good!". A few days later I had the next interview. It was the "talent plus" questions and about my availability. Granted it was for on-call, I was being honest and told then I had a full time job, going to school and planning a wedding. I know TMI! Long story short, I didn't get the job but re-applied a week ago, the day, the position became available. They declined my application the next day saying they "decided to go with another candidate", but I KNOW they don't hire in a day. A new position came up the next day, so I applied, again. I got the same email 3 days later. And yes, both positions that they claimed to be filled, are still up and "accepting applications". Very disappointing. Just don't reply instead of lying. I thought the Ritz Carlton values were higher than that.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but a lot of the questions had the same feel. "Explain a time in which you worked in a difficult situation and what you did to handle it? How did it make you feel?"   View Answer

Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amelia Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia Island, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2014.

3rd time's not the charm...being disabled I have to do back of house jobs like this, my last job before I relocated up here I did six years and only when my employer closed down was I forced to leave. I've been applying for this position now 5 years since I moved to the area, yet every time they decide to go with another candidate a couple of weeks later the position is advertised again...at time I'm writing this it is available yet again, but I'm done with this place. This time I was invited to the property itself, one thing I notice your looks will go a long way here. Asked me a lot of questions about customer intimacy and working with the public despite the position having little if any dealing with the public...in 6 years at the other place I only encountered customers twice...both times they were drunk and barged into work area. Other questions about how you work with others, typical team-work inquiries. I did point out during the interview my disability which the interviewer paid no mind and went on with his questioning, I took that as he already made up his mind. The Ritz does encourage the disabled to apply and I did meet a disabled employee prior to the interview, but even that employee looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine. Rejection letter 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about how you deal with difficult co-workers? Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Phone interview for 15 minutes
    150 behavioral interview test
    1 In-person 30 minute interview

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Apply online at RitzCarlton.com, Take aptitude test, if qualified get a phone interview and then an inperson interview and then a final interview

Member Experience Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2013.

Long process with many interviews with admin. Detailed questons. Provide examples on several situations in professional environment with customer service. The process takes a long time as it was in season and the managers were very busy.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation the pay is what it is and you accept or not

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!