Ritz-Carlton

Relevance Date Difficulty

SPA Concierge Interview

SPA Concierge
Orlando, FL

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

SPA Conciege Interview

SPA Conciege
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

Interview Details – Must apply online, through company website. You will have to take a survey at that time. Be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or more. If your application makes it through the filters it gets passed on to the Depatment Manager, who usually conducts interview via phone and then in person. There is corporate guidelines, criteria and questions for each position that the Manager will follow.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had to deal with a diffucult customer and tell me how you handled it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very simple, they pay this and you take it or leave it. Not usually a negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Question – If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have one

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Question – I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Steward
Amelia Island, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2014.

Interview Details – 3rd time's not the charm...being disabled I have to do back of house jobs like this, my last job before I relocated up here I did six years and only when my employer closed down was I forced to leave. I've been applying for this position now 5 years since I moved to the area, yet every time they decide to go with another candidate a couple of weeks later the position is advertised again...at time I'm writing this it is available yet again, but I'm done with this place. This time I was invited to the property itself, one thing I notice your looks will go a long way here. Asked me a lot of questions about customer intimacy and working with the public despite the position having little if any dealing with the public...in 6 years at the other place I only encountered customers twice...both times they were drunk and barged into work area. Other questions about how you work with others, typical team-work inquiries. I did point out during the interview my disability which the interviewer paid no mind and went on with his questioning, I took that as he already made up his mind. The Ritz does encourage the disabled to apply and I did meet a disabled employee prior to the interview, but even that employee looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine. Rejection letter 2 days later.

Interview Question – Tell about how you deal with difficult co-workers? Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Valet
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Question – Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – I applied on line two years ago and was called in for an interview in less than 2 weeks with the spa manager. Right after the verbal interview we proceeded to a hands on practical. Before I left she said she wanted me to meet with, I'm assuming the spa director. So I thought, "Yay, this is good!". A few days later I had the next interview. It was the "talent plus" questions and about my availability. Granted it was for on-call, I was being honest and told then I had a full time job, going to school and planning a wedding. I know TMI! Long story short, I didn't get the job but re-applied a week ago, the day, the position became available. They declined my application the next day saying they "decided to go with another candidate", but I KNOW they don't hire in a day. A new position came up the next day, so I applied, again. I got the same email 3 days later. And yes, both positions that they claimed to be filled, are still up and "accepting applications". Very disappointing. Just don't reply instead of lying. I thought the Ritz Carlton values were higher than that.

Interview Question – Not difficult, but a lot of the questions had the same feel. "Explain a time in which you worked in a difficult situation and what you did to handle it? How did it make you feel?"   View Answer

Server Interview

Server

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – Phone interview for 15 minutes
150 behavioral interview test
1 In-person 30 minute interview

Interview Question – Nothing that I recall was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, situational interview, what would you do if...?

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation for hourly associates

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Front Office Supervisor

I applied online and interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – Apply online at RitzCarlton.com, Take aptitude test, if qualified get a phone interview and then an inperson interview and then a final interview

Interview Question – Be prepared to discuss specific experiences   Answer Question

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!