Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2014.

I done an application on-line was called in for a interview, I was asked a lot of questions.the way they was acting I really thought I had the job. I spent over 4hrs there for the interview meeting everyone. They said they would call or send an E-Mail, well I learned if you get a E-Mail that you didn't get the job. I have over 2yrs in housekeeping guess I wasn't good enough for there company. Keep on looking.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the most memorable time I have ever had with a customer. I had many   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aspen, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2012.

I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to the spa hiring manager. Within the week I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a spa manager and a spa supervisor. The interview questions were like many I've had before, similar to Starbucks. They asked situational questions such as, "Describe a difficult situation you've been in at work and how did you overcome it." I was formal but not too intense.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember my most difficult question, but I know that I studied general interview questions online before I went in for my interview and that was enough to help me answer smoothly.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I was please with the hourly rate that they offered me.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question

Member Experience Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jupiter, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2013.

Long process with many interviews with admin. Detailed questons. Provide examples on several situations in professional environment with customer service. The process takes a long time as it was in season and the managers were very busy.

Interview Questions
    no negotiation the pay is what it is and you accept or not

SPA Conciege Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

Must apply online, through company website. You will have to take a survey at that time. Be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or more. If your application makes it through the filters it gets passed on to the Depatment Manager, who usually conducts interview via phone and then in person. There is corporate guidelines, criteria and questions for each position that the Manager will follow.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to deal with a diffucult customer and tell me how you handled it.   View Answer
    Very simple, they pay this and you take it or leave it. Not usually a negotiation.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 12 months - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2012.

The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Questions
    • If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   View Answer
    Didn't have one

Sales Manager Interview

I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Questions
    • I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Amelia Island, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Amelia Island, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2014.

3rd time's not the charm...being disabled I have to do back of house jobs like this, my last job before I relocated up here I did six years and only when my employer closed down was I forced to leave. I've been applying for this position now 5 years since I moved to the area, yet every time they decide to go with another candidate a couple of weeks later the position is advertised again...at time I'm writing this it is available yet again, but I'm done with this place. This time I was invited to the property itself, one thing I notice your looks will go a long way here. Asked me a lot of questions about customer intimacy and working with the public despite the position having little if any dealing with the public...in 6 years at the other place I only encountered customers twice...both times they were drunk and barged into work area. Other questions about how you work with others, typical team-work inquiries. I did point out during the interview my disability which the interviewer paid no mind and went on with his questioning, I took that as he already made up his mind. The Ritz does encourage the disabled to apply and I did meet a disabled employee prior to the interview, but even that employee looked like he stepped out of a GQ magazine. Rejection letter 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about how you deal with difficult co-workers? Tell me about a time you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question

Valet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very selective about their hiring process, they only want the finest employees representing the name brand

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever told a lie? What is your greatest regret?   Answer Question

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!