Ritz-Carlton

3.1

Do Not Wish to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2010.

Tedious

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an employee that was having trouble and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2008.

I was impressed with the number of interviews coordinated (6) in a short period of time (1 week). The process was streamlined, efficient and was impressed with the interview schedule emailed to me prior to my arrival at the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult interview was my interview with Talent +. Ritz-Carlton uses a third party vendor during the initial selection process. The interview is designed to measure your nature talents. Questions were thought provoking however, and none that I would have anticipated in advance. You can't study for it. I will not provide specifics as to not to risk the integrity of our current selection process.   View Answer
    Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. I was offered much more than what I was currenlty making at the time.

Lobby Lounge Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in May 2013.

Do not speak in slang, they will not hire you. Wear a suit, get a hair cut, and start researching the company. If you have no experience, do not waste your time applying, no one begins at the Ritz-Carlton, you work your way into it. Prepare for the most intense screening process for an entry level job you will ever have. Always smile and speak as if your were about to drink tea with the president.

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember, Director of food and beverage conducted his interview as we walked around the hotel, threw two curve balls at me that I was not prepared for.   Answer Question
    non negotiable, offer was more than I had expected; a lot more. I will be buying a new car, that is how much they offered.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   View Answer

SPA Conciege Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

Must apply online, through company website. You will have to take a survey at that time. Be prepared to spend at least 30 minutes or more. If your application makes it through the filters it gets passed on to the Depatment Manager, who usually conducts interview via phone and then in person. There is corporate guidelines, criteria and questions for each position that the Manager will follow.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a situation where you had to deal with a diffucult customer and tell me how you handled it.   View Answer
    Very simple, they pay this and you take it or leave it. Not usually a negotiation.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question

Club Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aspen, CO

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in May 2009.

Situational based interview - S.T.A.R

N/A

Gardemanger Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2009.

- 3 telephone interviews with employees from different departments (as an employee later, every manager and assistant will have to do these) going through a catalogue of general questions -most of them are character and personality questions
    - once approved, face-to-face interview with department head and tour through entire hotel and future department

Interview Questions
    • Imagine, you'd enter a room full with people, do you immediately understand what the situation is? Explain which situation came to mind.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I was offered more than expected.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Firstly they asked to fill in the application form on their website and then to pass the test (situation based questions, e.g. If the guest is unsatisfied with ..... what will be your actions? and you are given several answers to choose from). If you pass this test you will be invited to the interview with the manager who will ask you several question about yourself & your experience and then will be a set of behavioral based questions. After that you will have an interview with HR representative and if everything goes well you will be invited to a panel interview with manager, head of department and DOSM. If you pass this final 3rd interview you will be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of situation when you persuade somebody to take your point of view?   Answer Question

Gift Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very professional interview process. They ask a lot of situational questions, such as..."Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done?" Answer the questions with an actual example, not what you would do.