Ritz-Carlton

60 candidate interviews

Fitness Instructor Interview

Fitness Instructor

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – lots of very detailed questions and psychological evaluation, mutli-phase interview: phone, in person, demo class

Interview Question – how i have handles challenges from difficult guests in the past and how i've gone above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – i didn't try to negotiate

Communications/PBX Interview

Communications/PBX

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – Applications online, application includes a test. then wait for a call. I did one on one interview and was later offered the job.

Interview Question – talking about past job experiences and making sure you answer in a concise way.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set salary. There were no negotions

Senior Manager, Events Interview

Senior Manager, Events

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – Been with the company since graduating from College

For Transfers:

Screening call with basic questions and expectation
Flown in for interviews, 3 to 4 high level managers with different behavioural questions
contacted about a week after with offer

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked as hard as you could but failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – back and forth 3 times, would not budge

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – Put my application in. They were not hiring at that time so I went in later in the season and got an opportunity to speak with manager and later went in for a practical massage and went back for another and got the job.

Interview Question – None that I can think of. Pretty standard for massage therapy.   View Answer

Server Interview

Server

Interview Details – Phone interview for 15 minutes
150 behavioral interview test
1 In-person 30 minute interview

Interview Question – Nothing that I recall was particularly difficult   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – I posted my resume online through the Ritz-Carlton website and have my fingers crossed for an interview. I hope it does not take 2 weeks like many of the other posts have said!

Interview Question – I have not had the opportunity to answer any questions for this company yet.   Answer Question

MSE Manager Interview

MSE Manager

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – The interview process is slow. The online tests is very lengthy.
The interview at property had three managers present: HR Manager, Hotel Manager and Director of Banquets.
Many questions were asked regarding opportunity moments and how it was fixed and turned into a a happy guest.

Interview Question – What was the way you worked with an opportunity that you had to fix but you didn't create?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 42,000

Front Desk Agent Interview

Front Desk Agent
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Question – If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't have one

Outlet Cashier Interview

Outlet Cashier
Dana Point, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2012.

Interview Details – They called and I went in the next day for an interview.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Steward Interview

Steward
Amelia Island, FL

I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2013.

Interview Details – Attended job fair, after introduction the interviewer excused himself to use restroom, let's just say I was waiting a while, felt rather uncomfortable sitting alone in open room while other interviews going on around me, not much questioning, long job description, in fact I asked all the questions!

Interview Question – Like I said I asked the questions and I know just about everything there is for a steward position at the Ritz without getting the job or ever working there! Interview if you can call it that was long detailed description of the operations behind house, I had a feeling the position had already been filled. Good coffee...what more can I say?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ritz-Carlton

Worked for Ritz-Carlton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ritz-Carlton interview questions and advice. All 60 interview reviews posted anonymously by Ritz-Carlton employees and interview candidates.