Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

3.1

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview process is called STAR. It stand for Situation, Task, Action & Result. It's very specific and detailed. Not the easiest of processes, but seams to work well for this company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your timing was off, and you were not able to win the business?   Answer Question

Corporate Job Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview

Applied online. Initially received phone call from outsourced talent acquisition company used by Marriott International a month after applying. My experience with the acquisition team is that they are pretty unprofessional, unmotivated, and poorly trained. They mistakenly called me for other interviews I wasn't applying to afterward and gave a sorry apology. Had interview a week after receiving the call, which was pleasant and professional. Sent follow up however, I did not receive generic rejection email until a full month later. I wish the process had been a bit more structured.

Call Center Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2012.

Interview

Very long hiring process. My process took over 2 months of interviews on the phone, in person, ect. I met with a lot of different managers from the rooms department. It was great to get to know them a little bit but it felt extreme for the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to exceed someone's expectations or create a memorable experience for them?   Answer Question

Director of Catering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

STAR Process - you can google this to find out the specific steps. Given a scenario and need to give very specific answers with an example of how you have handle it in the past. You will meet with three different managers who will each have a different set of questions to go over. It is important to have specific answers with exact examples of your past experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you dealt with an unhappy guest in the past   Answer Question

Front Office Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

easy, normal behevior based questions. took about 30 days interviewed with manager, supervisor and director. first was a phone call from manager to set up interviews at hotel. short interview, comofrtable setting although 2 on one is a bit tough.

Interview Questions

• gve an example of a time you displayed excellent customer service   1 Answer

Server Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Laguna Niguel, CA).

Interview

It was brief but really good, since it was my first interview ever, I got pointers from the then F&B manager, because I had actually not done so good. I ended up getting the job because I had family already in the company and they prefer to do that

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santiago (Chile)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Santiago (Chile)) in January 2011.

Interview

Email & CV sent to HR followed by their invitation for an interview. About 3 weeks later I was called by their dpt manager for further discussion on my internship.

Interview Questions

• Why did you come to Chile?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Charlotte, NC) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring manager will usually ask about five or six questions. The STAR Process is always used. They ask situational questions and want specific results. There will also be a few open ended questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you implemented a new process   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call to set up interview. Interviewed less than a week later- was interview by three people: not the easiest interview but not the hardest. Many experience questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation you over came in the work place   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Greensboro, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

3 step process. Identify problem, explain solution, explain outcome. They expect you to go step by step and hit each point. Make sure you follow the above process with answering all questions. This was the problem, this was the solution, this was the outcome, and I learned that....