Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

3.1

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I applied on line two years ago and was called in for an interview in less than 2 weeks with the spa manager. Right after the verbal interview we proceeded to a hands on practical. Before I left she said she wanted me to meet with, I'm assuming the spa director. So I thought, "Yay, this is good!". A few days later I had the next interview. It was the "talent plus" questions and about my availability. Granted it was for on-call, I was being honest and told then I had a full time job, going to school and planning a wedding. I know TMI! Long story short, I didn't get the job but re-applied a week ago, the day, the position became available. They declined my application the next day saying they "decided to go with another candidate", but I KNOW they don't hire in a day. A new position came up the next day, so I applied, again. I got the same email 3 days later. And yes, both positions that they claimed to be filled, are still up and "accepting applications". Very disappointing. Just don't reply instead of lying. I thought the Ritz Carlton values were higher than that.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but a lot of the questions had the same feel. "Explain a time in which you worked in a difficult situation and what you did to handle it? How did it make you feel?"   View Answer

Server Interview

Phone interview for 15 minutes
    150 behavioral interview test
    1 In-person 30 minute interview

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2012.

Very easy, situational interview, what would you do if...?

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for hourly associates

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2011.

The interview process was very lengthy. I had to interview 4 times with upper management. Most of the interview questions were scenario based, i.e "Tell me about a time when you had a guest who was not satisfied, and what steps did you take to make their experience better".

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your work did not reflect your best self, and what steps did you take to improve?"   Answer Question

Front Office Supervisor Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Apply online at RitzCarlton.com, Take aptitude test, if qualified get a phone interview and then an inperson interview and then a final interview

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2013.

I applied online & received an interview 2 weeks later.The interview questions were based on past situations at previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an idea that you brought to your previous employer & what were the results   View Answer

SPA Concierge Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

I applied online and took an assessment. A few days later, I got a call from the spa director for a phone interview. She set me up for an interview the next day. When I came to check in with the concierge, everybody was very courteous and professional. An employee escorted me to the spa and the spa concierge escorted me to the waiting area. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The dress code was business casual. The spa director actually followed up with me sooner than she told me she would which was nice. Even though I did not get the job, I have a lot of respect for this company and their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Gift Shop Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Very professional interview process. They ask a lot of situational questions, such as..."Tell me about a time that you went above and beyond the call of duty to get the job done?" Answer the questions with an actual example, not what you would do.

Gardemanger Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2009.

- 3 telephone interviews with employees from different departments (as an employee later, every manager and assistant will have to do these) going through a catalogue of general questions -most of them are character and personality questions
    - once approved, face-to-face interview with department head and tour through entire hotel and future department

Interview Questions
    • Imagine, you'd enter a room full with people, do you immediately understand what the situation is? Explain which situation came to mind.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because I was offered more than expected.

Massage Therapist Interview

Put my application in. They were not hiring at that time so I went in later in the season and got an opportunity to speak with manager and later went in for a practical massage and went back for another and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • None that I can think of. Pretty standard for massage therapy.   View Answer