Ritz-Carlton

3.1

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

must fill out application online to even be considered. show up to interview in suit if you really want the job. according to management if you look "runway" the jobs is yours. management totally hires based on looks - this straight from the horses mouth! the want to keep "ugly" people in back away from the public.

Interview Questions
    • interview process is a joke. if they want you bad enough they will coach you through the answers they need.   Answer Question
    no negotiation for hourly jobs - they have a take it or leave it attitude.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

the process involves you answering ever question with this formula

what was the Situation
    then explain the task you performed
    discuss your actions
    and then most importantly go over the results
     many people interview and forget the last part however it is key to how the company thinks.
    Everything at the Ritz is analyzed, thus the results of your actions how satisfied was the customer, your departmental numbers increased by..., that is what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation or a task that you failed to complete , (or a time where you did not get your work done as expected)   View Answer
    none, as hourly they offer you accept

SPA Concierge Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in February 2013.

Online application, phone interview, two personal interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a situation where you provided superior customer service in a difficult situation and how did you turn it around.   Answer Question

Lobby Ambassador Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in February 2013.

Applied online, received a call form Head of the House a few days later, asked me why I wanted to work ay the Ritz-Carlton. After answering this 1 question, told me to come in for an interview the next day. Interviewed by head of the house, and 2 other managers at same time. Received an email 3 days later that they were pursuing another candidate.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpexted questions, had read info on Glassdoor about this company.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia Island, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amelia Island, FL

interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2013.

Attended job fair, after introduction the interviewer excused himself to use restroom, let's just say I was waiting a while, felt rather uncomfortable sitting alone in open room while other interviews going on around me, not much questioning, long job description, in fact I asked all the questions!

Interview Questions
    • Like I said I asked the questions and I know just about everything there is for a steward position at the Ritz without getting the job or ever working there! Interview if you can call it that was long detailed description of the operations behind house, I had a feeling the position had already been filled. Good coffee...what more can I say?   Answer Question

Butler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorado, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorado, PR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2012.

I went through 1 phone interview, a computer test and 3 in person interviews. It was a long process, taking about 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Then to be hired I was asked for a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions
    • Mention a time when you had a difficult problem at work and how did you manage to solve it.   View Answer
    No negotiation, but a contract with an untold, up to the contract signing, hourly rate.

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in November 2012.

I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to the spa hiring manager. Within the week I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a spa manager and a spa supervisor. The interview questions were like many I've had before, similar to Starbucks. They asked situational questions such as, "Describe a difficult situation you've been in at work and how did you overcome it." I was formal but not too intense.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot remember my most difficult question, but I know that I studied general interview questions online before I went in for my interview and that was enough to help me answer smoothly.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. I was please with the hourly rate that they offered me.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2012.

Very easy, situational interview, what would you do if...?

Interview Questions
    no negotiation for hourly associates

Corporate Thought Leadership Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2012.

The interview process was fairly corporate. Submit a resume, get a call about a month later with the HR dept for a phone screen. After that I was invited back for an interview with the Director, the VP, and another CTLD. It would have been nice to know that only the Director was going to be in the room with the other two on the phone but that didn't shake me much. The questions were pretty standard (how did you overcome conflict, how did you lead a team, how did you take initiative)

I got a call back a week later to meet with another member of the team. We had an ok discussion and I was given some homework to show my skills. I got a call a few weeks later from the HR guy to say that they were going to continue their search. My only complaint is that their reasoning was vague (they said I didn't have enough experience (in a particular field), even though I showed them no less then 3 improvements (in that field) they could make to increase their exposure). Clearly this was not the reason but because HR is always worried about being sued they come up with BS.

This is a good company and it was a job I was very interested in but frankly because they weren't honest about the reason why I wasn't chosen I'm going to cross them off of my shopping list too.

Outlet Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dana Point, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2012.

They called and I went in the next day for an interview.