Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

Updated Jun 12, 2015

3.1

Lobby Ambassador Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online, received a call form Head of the House a few days later, asked me why I wanted to work ay the Ritz-Carlton. After answering this 1 question, told me to come in for an interview the next day. Interviewed by head of the house, and 2 other managers at same time. Received an email 3 days later that they were pursuing another candidate.

Interview Questions

• No unexpexted questions, had read info on Glassdoor about this company.   Answer Question

Steward Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amelia Island, FL

Application

interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Amelia Island, FL) in January 2013.

Interview

Attended job fair, after introduction the interviewer excused himself to use restroom, let's just say I was waiting a while, felt rather uncomfortable sitting alone in open room while other interviews going on around me, not much questioning, long job description, in fact I asked all the questions!

Interview Questions

• Like I said I asked the questions and I know just about everything there is for a steward position at the Ritz without getting the job or ever working there! Interview if you can call it that was long detailed description of the operations behind house, I had a feeling the position had already been filled. Good coffee...what more can I say?   Answer Question

Butler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dorado, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dorado, PR) in November 2012.

Interview

I went through 1 phone interview, a computer test and 3 in person interviews. It was a long process, taking about 3 to 4 weeks to complete. Then to be hired I was asked for a drug test and a background check.

Interview Questions

• Mention a time when you had a difficult problem at work and how did you manage to solve it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, but a contract with an untold, up to the contract signing, hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I e-mailed my resume and cover letter to the spa hiring manager. Within the week I received a phone call asking me to come in for an interview. I was interviewed by a spa manager and a spa supervisor. The interview questions were like many I've had before, similar to Starbucks. They asked situational questions such as, "Describe a difficult situation you've been in at work and how did you overcome it." I was formal but not too intense.

Interview Questions

• I cannot remember my most difficult question, but I know that I studied general interview questions online before I went in for my interview and that was enough to help me answer smoothly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. I was please with the hourly rate that they offered me.

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in October 2012.

Interview

Very easy, situational interview, what would you do if...?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation for hourly associates

Corporate Thought Leadership Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Chevy Chase, MD) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly corporate. Submit a resume, get a call about a month later with the HR dept for a phone screen. After that I was invited back for an interview with the Director, the VP, and another CTLD. It would have been nice to know that only the Director was going to be in the room with the other two on the phone but that didn't shake me much. The questions were pretty standard (how did you overcome conflict, how did you lead a team, how did you take initiative)

I got a call back a week later to meet with another member of the team. We had an ok discussion and I was given some homework to show my skills. I got a call a few weeks later from the HR guy to say that they were going to continue their search. My only complaint is that their reasoning was vague (they said I didn't have enough experience (in a particular field), even though I showed them no less then 3 improvements (in that field) they could make to increase their exposure). Clearly this was not the reason but because HR is always worried about being sued they come up with BS.

This is a good company and it was a job I was very interested in but frankly because they weren't honest about the reason why I wasn't chosen I'm going to cross them off of my shopping list too.

Outlet Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dana Point, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Dana Point, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

They called and I went in the next day for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Tysons Corner, VA) in September 2012.

Interview

It was very relaxed. Just be yourself and don't hesitate. They want to make sure they hire someone dedicated to their customers, be very dedicated to the satisfaction of guests. Make sure you actually want to help people and are flexible and dependable. Remember a hotel runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and sometimes you risk not spending some holidays with your family. But that is what you are signing up for. Flexibility is going to be very important and so is being on time.

Interview Questions

• Have you encountered a difficult guest?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Questions

• If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have one

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Orlando, FL) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question