Ritz-Carlton

Updated Dec 7, 2014

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2012.

The interview was amazing. I had all the excitement and confidence when I left the process. Little did I know that after interviewing that was where all the excitement and advancement ended.

Interview Questions
    • If you were conducting this interview, what question would you ask?   View Answer
    Didn't have one

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

I applied through a job hiring board and received an invitation to take their assessment. Three days later, I had a phone interview with a HR representative. She then invited me to come in for an interview. It was on a Saturday when I met with the assistant spa manager and the spa assistant director. They escorted me to the second floor of the spa where I received a tour.

After that, I was asked a few questions before they proceeded to tell me about the benefits of working for the company. Two days later, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond for someone   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you were faced with a difficult task   Answer Question

SPA Concierge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

The interview is quite tedious. They ask you a series of question and want you to describe them in 3 parts. They ask you to tell them about a time when... and desribe the situation, what you did during the situation to get to the conclusion and then the conclusion.

Interview Questions
    • The questions arent that difficult. Its the way they want you to answer the questions that can be confusing.   Answer Question
    They really isnt a negotiation phase. They offer you the job and when you come in they have what youll be making on the papers you will be signing. You can decline but as far as negotiating, its either take it or leave it.

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

The interview process was great and orderly. I hade a face to face interview with 3 staff members and was asked to go online for a background check, and to go in person for the drug screen. I believe they were impressed by interest and persistance.

Interview Questions
    i did not have to negociate i checked into the company long berfore my interview and was impressed. I was willing to accept anything they was willing to offer me. To anyone who is interested in applying for this job, just be willing to deticate your word.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2011.

Initially there are three steps to the interview process: 1- a pre screening on the phone, then am initial appointment is set up. 2- interview with a front office manager, they use the STAR method of interview ing which are behavioral questions. Basically its storytelling that should always end with a satisfied guest. 3- you do an interview with a the Director of the Front of the House which are more STAR questions. From there there will be drug test and backgrond check then on to orientation

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me About a time when you had to complet multiple projescts at one time to meet the same deadline.   View Answer
    There is room for manuvering however only if you have hotel experience. I would definitely research the cost of living, insurance, and taxes if relocating for a job so that you know what you need to live a lifestyle of your choice

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in June 2011.

Pretty Simple and Straightforward-Online application, online test/assessment, a brief phone interview, and a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. Once they offer you the position, then it's a background check, drug test, and a three day extremely boring orientation process which tries to turn you into a Ritz Carlton robot.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about how you handled situations at your previous job-nothing too difficult.   Answer Question
    No negotiation-the pay is minimal and the tips are where you make your money.

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2011.

Applied online a day after it was posted and then three days later I received a call from a recruiter that was from out of state.I missed the call so I had to wait until the next day to call back. I called back and had a very brief phone interview. I thought it was a no but two days and the weekend later I got a call from HR wanting me to go in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. Two days later I went in for the interview. They gave me a tour and finally the interview questions it lasted about two hours long. The next day I received a call but i missed it because I was at work again so I had to wait until the weekend was over to call them back. That was when they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate though because I have experience they started me off more at more than the starting pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2011.

I applied online, completed an assessment and then was called for a phone interview. It was pretty basic, with the manager giving me an overview of the position. Once we completed the phone interview, I was invited for 3 more in-person interviews over the course of 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not really difficult. There were situational questions (tell me a time when you...) I did not however, expect 4 interviews for an entry-level job, but I guess that is how they get the best candidates, by getting to know the applicant.   View Answer
    No negociation

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2011.

The interview process was very lengthy. I had to interview 4 times with upper management. Most of the interview questions were scenario based, i.e "Tell me about a time when you had a guest who was not satisfied, and what steps did you take to make their experience better".

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your work did not reflect your best self, and what steps did you take to improve?"   Answer Question

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2011.

Recruiter contacted me, brief interview, 2 separate intelligence tests sent, recruiter did extensive phone interview, Ritz called me 2 weeks later for face to face interview, interviewed with an inappropriate individual that was not formally an employee of Ritz that had no formal questions prepared.