Ritz-Carlton

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Human Resources Interview

Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2008.

Interview Details – I was impressed with the number of interviews coordinated (6) in a short period of time (1 week). The process was streamlined, efficient and was impressed with the interview schedule emailed to me prior to my arrival at the corporate office.

Interview Question – My most difficult interview was my interview with Talent +. Ritz-Carlton uses a third party vendor during the initial selection process. The interview is designed to measure your nature talents. Questions were thought provoking however, and none that I would have anticipated in advance. You can't study for it. I will not provide specifics as to not to risk the integrity of our current selection process.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. I was offered much more than what I was currenlty making at the time.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – Firstly they asked to fill in the application form on their website and then to pass the test (situation based questions, e.g. If the guest is unsatisfied with ..... what will be your actions? and you are given several answers to choose from). If you pass this test you will be invited to the interview with the manager who will ask you several question about yourself & your experience and then will be a set of behavioral based questions. After that you will have an interview with HR representative and if everything goes well you will be invited to a panel interview with manager, head of department and DOSM. If you pass this final 3rd interview you will be offered a job.

Interview Question – Give an example of situation when you persuade somebody to take your point of view?   Answer Question

Communications/PBX Interview

Communications/PBX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – After application, I got a call, which was the phone interview. I was invited for an in-house interview, by 3 different managers in 1 day, may take a few hours. Got called back within several days with an offer. My process was rather quick, due to need to fill the position

Interview Question – Mostly straight-forward and structured behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. All workers of that position are offered the same rate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Residences Concierge Interview

Interviewed at Ritz-Carlton

Interview Details – 3 interviews. Than a phone interview. I think they have gotten away from the phone interview.

Interview Question – I don't remember.   Answer Question

Director of Revenue Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton.

Interview Details – A headhunter reached out to me about a Director of Revenue Management position at a Ritz Carlton resort. The entire interview process was flawless and well executed. They really do practice what they preach. Ladies and Gentlemen serving Ladies and Gentlemen.

Negotiation Details – There was none. They put their best offer out there first.

SERVER RESTAURANT Interview

Denpasar (Indonesia)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in May 2012.

Interview Details – During hiring processing they select real talented people we have to pass may interview become the Ritz team , as employee i had better benefit for my life including salary ,bonus and tips, and relation ship between office , management crew are excellent , all the task and duty are introducing and aim on better career developing, i love to work as team of the Ritz Carlton

Interview Question – as employee of the Ritz Carlton for moment i don't have any unexpected question all are run as easy thing   View Answer

Negotiation Details – of course any one else could be a better future as team of the Ritz Carlton ,hows any some one else could able be come a team as passing of candidate interview process

Concierge Interview

Concierge
Doha (Qatar)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2010.

Interview Details – Questions about the motivation for the job were asked. Situational behaviour questions were asked: How would you behave in a certain situation ?
What do you know about the company ? What do you know about the region ? What do you expect to do ? How much do you expect to earn ?

Interview Question – How did you behave in the past when you had a problem with employees ?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Club Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2012.

Interview Details – phone and face to face was same person -- they printed a page of pre determined questions asked the qs and wrote down the answers fairly remedial interview process not much intelligence shown on their part--- they only want typical ritz carlton pretentious personalities and they only show theoretical industry knowledge-- it did not seem as though they really had much practical experience.

Interview Questions

Executive Pastry Chef Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2011.

Interview Details – EXTREMELY detailed hiring process starting with various "exams" to test your IQ,, math capabilities, comprehension, problem solving, training related, etc. Initially had an informal phone interview, then multiple phone interviews with other managers, a panel interview. A tasting was also required which was a multiple day event consisting of several courses and showpieces.

Interview Question – Describe a scenerio when you exceeded a guests experience?   View Answer

Sales Coordinator Interview

Manama (Bahrain)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in May 2010.

Interview Details – There were several interviews. First was the phone interview, then a walk-in interview on the open day. After that I have a face-to-face interview with HR and director hiring manager. Then there was another private coffee chat with a potential direct supervisor. After that it took sometime until they reach their decision.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The salary and terms are fixed. If you are considering this offer, make sure you are applying for the job because you like it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ritz-Carlton