Ritz-Carlton Interview Questions

3.1

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Avon, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, CO

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2010.

The process from application to actual hiring offer is lengthy, at least it is during the winter as this particular location is very busy getting extra staff onboard. Don't expect them to be in touch the next day; continue your job search or work if you are employed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where the guest was very demanding, or indicated that they required something a certain way, because of their "celebrity" status?   Answer Question
    Nothing is negotiable. In the busy winter months they want simply: people to do a job and they don't really care if the job doesn't match up to your skills/talents. If you have the minimum qualifications, they'll hire you, and then after 4 to 6 months you can transfer to another department.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2011.

Initially there are three steps to the interview process: 1- a pre screening on the phone, then am initial appointment is set up. 2- interview with a front office manager, they use the STAR method of interview ing which are behavioral questions. Basically its storytelling that should always end with a satisfied guest. 3- you do an interview with a the Director of the Front of the House which are more STAR questions. From there there will be drug test and backgrond check then on to orientation

Interview Questions
    • Tell Me About a time when you had to complet multiple projescts at one time to meet the same deadline.   View Answer
    There is room for manuvering however only if you have hotel experience. I would definitely research the cost of living, insurance, and taxes if relocating for a job so that you know what you need to live a lifestyle of your choice

Do Not Wish to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2010.

Tedious

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an employee that was having trouble and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2011.

Applied online a day after it was posted and then three days later I received a call from a recruiter that was from out of state.I missed the call so I had to wait until the next day to call back. I called back and had a very brief phone interview. I thought it was a no but two days and the weekend later I got a call from HR wanting me to go in for a one on one interview with the hiring manager. Two days later I went in for the interview. They gave me a tour and finally the interview questions it lasted about two hours long. The next day I received a call but i missed it because I was at work again so I had to wait until the weekend was over to call them back. That was when they offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    I didn't really negotiate though because I have experience they started me off more at more than the starting pay.

Two Or Three Different Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2010.

I had the very same experience that I've heard others have at the Ritz Carlton. They came on like gangbusters...calling me---setting up second and third interviews....had my hopes up so high. On the final interview they told me it was between myself and another candidate. They would let me know in two or three days. NEVER NEVER NEVER heard another word from them. Didn't have the courtesy to call, email or send a letter. Dropped me like the proverbial hot potato. My friend had the very same experience at the location in Charlotte, NC. She was almost planning how to spend her off time at one of their properties that employees get such great deals on............same thing three interviews and the N-O-T-H-I-N-G. If the Ritz thinks they are so oh so proper and have such high standards---I have some news.....they displayed absolutely NO class. My husband told me that I should be happy that I wasn't offered a job because if they treat people that way---well then all of these uber manners---just a sham. Bleh....fie on these people. I have a great job now and wouldn't go there for all of the rice in Japan.

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2011.

Recruiter contacted me, brief interview, 2 separate intelligence tests sent, recruiter did extensive phone interview, Ritz called me 2 weeks later for face to face interview, interviewed with an inappropriate individual that was not formally an employee of Ritz that had no formal questions prepared.

Food Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Naples, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naples, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in July 2009.

The interview process was a bit lengthy but not impossible. The application it self took a while but the interview environment was great. It seemed like a job that I was surely interested in at that pointbin time.They seemed very interested as well untill I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me about a time I experiance a problem in the work place   Answer Question

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2010.

Recieved call after applying, 5 interview questions asked, after I answered them interviewer stated will pass information to hiring manager, recieved call several days later requesting face to face interview. Met with the spa manager, during interview she seemed very disinterested in anything I had to say. I do interview well, but was shocked at the dumb questions such as What makes you happy and why? Wow! get ready for that one. I would stay away.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why should I hire you over the person we just interviewed before You.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

1 phone interview, 3- 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time when you overcame a disagreement with your boss at work.   Answer Question

Front Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2009.

It was a long process, started with a phone call for the HR, followed by another call from the HR department this time they had 10 questions. Next step they had me for a 45 minute phone interview which one has no clue how they did. I passed that and they brought me to the hotel to interview with 5 other people, mostly 30 minutes.

Salary was low