Ritz-Carlton

3.1

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2011.

The interview process was very lengthy. I had to interview 4 times with upper management. Most of the interview questions were scenario based, i.e "Tell me about a time when you had a guest who was not satisfied, and what steps did you take to make their experience better".

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time when your work did not reflect your best self, and what steps did you take to improve?"   Answer Question

General Occupation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2011.

Recruiter contacted me, brief interview, 2 separate intelligence tests sent, recruiter did extensive phone interview, Ritz called me 2 weeks later for face to face interview, interviewed with an inappropriate individual that was not formally an employee of Ritz that had no formal questions prepared.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Avon, CO

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in December 2010.

The process from application to actual hiring offer is lengthy, at least it is during the winter as this particular location is very busy getting extra staff onboard. Don't expect them to be in touch the next day; continue your job search or work if you are employed.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where the guest was very demanding, or indicated that they required something a certain way, because of their "celebrity" status?   Answer Question
    Nothing is negotiable. In the busy winter months they want simply: people to do a job and they don't really care if the job doesn't match up to your skills/talents. If you have the minimum qualifications, they'll hire you, and then after 4 to 6 months you can transfer to another department.

Do Not Wish to Answer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2010.

Tedious

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle an employee that was having trouble and what was the resolution?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2010.

Phone interview first and then a face to face interview with the department leader and then the DOO or GM. They look for the answers to be S.T.A.R. S.T.=Situation/Task A=Action R=Result.

SPA Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in May 2010.

Did a brief phone interview and then a personality phone interview with the "describe a time when..." questions. Then had an in person interview, drug test, and 40 hour training course before work. The phone interviews were with the HR department and the in person was with the spa manager.

Interview Questions
    Be open to any schedule- you can change hours once you are in the door, but you will get passed over if you have too complicated of a schedule.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2010.

easy

no negotiation

SPA Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2010.

Recieved call after applying, 5 interview questions asked, after I answered them interviewer stated will pass information to hiring manager, recieved call several days later requesting face to face interview. Met with the spa manager, during interview she seemed very disinterested in anything I had to say. I do interview well, but was shocked at the dumb questions such as What makes you happy and why? Wow! get ready for that one. I would stay away.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me why should I hire you over the person we just interviewed before You.   View Answer

Two Or Three Different Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in March 2010.

I had the very same experience that I've heard others have at the Ritz Carlton. They came on like gangbusters...calling me---setting up second and third interviews....had my hopes up so high. On the final interview they told me it was between myself and another candidate. They would let me know in two or three days. NEVER NEVER NEVER heard another word from them. Didn't have the courtesy to call, email or send a letter. Dropped me like the proverbial hot potato. My friend had the very same experience at the location in Charlotte, NC. She was almost planning how to spend her off time at one of their properties that employees get such great deals on............same thing three interviews and the N-O-T-H-I-N-G. If the Ritz thinks they are so oh so proper and have such high standards---I have some news.....they displayed absolutely NO class. My husband told me that I should be happy that I wasn't offered a job because if they treat people that way---well then all of these uber manners---just a sham. Bleh....fie on these people. I have a great job now and wouldn't go there for all of the rice in Japan.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2010.

1 phone interview, 3- 1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example of a time when you overcame a disagreement with your boss at work.   Answer Question