Ritz-Carlton Server Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Aspen, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Aspen, CO).

Interview

Received a call a week after applying, interviewed about two weeks later for an undetermined position. Had a lengthly, in-depth interview with a member of the management, a second opinion/follow up with another member of management, and then a final brief interview with the manager with the department I was ultimately considered for.

Interview Questions

• "Explain a time where you anticipated a customers needs". "Explain a time when you encountered conflict and how you resolved it". "How do you respond to stress". "How do you deal with a difficult customer".   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Ritz-Carlton

Server Interview

Interview

Phone interview for 15 minutes 150 behavioral interview test 1 In-person 30 minute interview

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I recall was particularly difficult   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Greensboro, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

3 step process. Identify problem, explain solution, explain outcome. They expect you to go step by step and hit each point. Make sure you follow the above process with answering all questions. This was the problem, this was the solution, this was the outcome, and I learned that....

Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Naples, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Pretty Simple and Straightforward-Online application, online test/assessment, a brief phone interview, and a face to face interview with 2 supervisors. Once they offer you the position, then it's a background check, drug test, and a three day extremely boring orientation process which tries to turn you into a Ritz Carlton robot.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about how you handled situations at your previous job-nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation-the pay is minimal and the tips are where you make your money.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ritz-Carlton (Sarasota, FL) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. I had to interview 4 times with upper management. Most of the interview questions were scenario based, i.e "Tell me about a time when you had a guest who was not satisfied, and what steps did you take to make their experience better".

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about a time when your work did not reflect your best self, and what steps did you take to improve?"   Answer Question