Ritz-Carlton

3.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Thought Leadership Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in September 2012.

The interview process was fairly corporate. Submit a resume, get a call about a month later with the HR dept for a phone screen. After that I was invited back for an interview with the Director, the VP, and another CTLD. It would have been nice to know that only the Director was going to be in the room with the other two on the phone but that didn't shake me much. The questions were pretty standard (how did you overcome conflict, how did you lead a team, how did you take initiative)

I got a call back a week later to meet with another member of the team. We had an ok discussion and I was given some homework to show my skills. I got a call a few weeks later from the HR guy to say that they were going to continue their search. My only complaint is that their reasoning was vague (they said I didn't have enough experience (in a particular field), even though I showed them no less then 3 improvements (in that field) they could make to increase their exposure). Clearly this was not the reason but because HR is always worried about being sued they come up with BS.

This is a good company and it was a job I was very interested in but frankly because they weren't honest about the reason why I wasn't chosen I'm going to cross them off of my shopping list too.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in April 2010.

easy

no negotiation

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ritz-Carlton in January 2008.

I was impressed with the number of interviews coordinated (6) in a short period of time (1 week). The process was streamlined, efficient and was impressed with the interview schedule emailed to me prior to my arrival at the corporate office.

Interview Questions
    • My most difficult interview was my interview with Talent +. Ritz-Carlton uses a third party vendor during the initial selection process. The interview is designed to measure your nature talents. Questions were thought provoking however, and none that I would have anticipated in advance. You can't study for it. I will not provide specifics as to not to risk the integrity of our current selection process.   View Answer
    Unfortunately, I did not negotiate. I was offered much more than what I was currenlty making at the time.