River Island Clothing

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant
Kingston, East of England, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at River Island Clothing in May 2010.

Interview Details – interview lasted about 1 hour to 2 hours

Interview Question – pick an outfit for a celebrity and explain why you chose it   Answer Question

Sales Assistant

I applied online - interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for a group interview in store. Around 10 people in total, including 2 managers and around 8 candidates. We were asked questions about customer service and different styles of clothing in fashion and were asked to describe what we are wearing and how we would sell it to a customer.

Interview Question – To describe what i was wearing   View Answer

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online they then phoned and asked me to attend a group interview. After being put into groups and took part in a few activities got told there and then that I had the job

Interview Question – Explain the perfect outfit you would dress your male/female model in if *add scenario here*   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating involved

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Leeds, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at River Island Clothing in October 2011.

Interview Details – Had a group interview where it was a presentation. We had to explain what the top 5 things in a shop was...
Then it was a 1-1 interview where they asked around 6 questions and we was scored on a basis 1-5

London, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at River Island Clothing in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online- got a reply within a week.

Interview Question – What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Assistant Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer was very friendly and quite informal and started off making us learn something about the person next to us. We were asked questions about customer service and examples where we've gone the extra mile and asked about ourselves and how we would describe ourselves. We were asked to pick an outfit for a certain event and even asked about current trends in fashion. They kept back a few people, who they said had missed out some information on their applications, but had instead kept them behind to employ them, as I later found out from a friend. I got the expected rejection email. It seemed to me they only hire candidates who fit their 'look'.

Interview Question – What is a new trend in fashion?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at River Island Clothing

Worked for River Island Clothing? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at River Island Clothing Sales Assistant interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by River Island Clothing employees and interview candidates.