Riverbed Technology

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

3.2

QE Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Recruiter contacted initially. had to go through online test

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

I was referred to a Riverbed recruiter and around 2 days later I received a call to setup a phone screen. There were no technical questions asked during my phone screen, I was told what the position would entail and asked whether or not I would be able to move closer to the office. I was asked to give a brief description of my background. Two days later I was scheduled for an on-site interview the following week.

On site interview consisted of 5 45 minute interviews. During each of the interviews we went over my past experience and I was asked to solve some coding problems. After the third interview I went to lunch with the group of people interviewing me. All of them were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you check if one word in an anagram of another? Some linked list traversal questions. A question involving sorting algorithms. A few pattern matching questions which required perl/python and regex knowledge. Asked for several test cases after explaining some components.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

Applied through college as well as by contacting the recruiter. Had one round of phone interview with the first question being about traversing binary trees which was expected as I was prepared. The second question was a tougher question about probability which I answered to the best of my knowledge. They wasted a lot of my time by scheduling the phone interview and the interviewer not turning up. Twice!

Interview Questions
    • Find probability of consecutive bullets in a russian roulette game.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

Applied on school's career website and interviewed the following week. Interview took place on campus. They first explained what the company does and asked me some general questions in communication networks. Then they went through my resume for about 15 mins and began asking me some technical questions. Interview took like 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Difference between TCP and UDP
      2. Implement the modulo operator without using division
        Answer Question

General Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interviewed just after career fair. In interview was asked about how to delete duplicates elements from a linked list.

Interview Questions
    • removing duplicates from a linked list, about my past experiences   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Went through internal recruiter. Had initial phone screening followed by in-person interview. In-person interview lasted all day with each interviewer taking between 45minutes - 1 hour. Very technical. Started off with a written C/C++ test. Not too many questions about project deep-dive. Most questions were C coding questions. Covered most common areas like multi threading, memory management, IPC, string manipulation. Also had design questions.

Interview Questions
    • Design question to merge error logs in chronological order   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

I sent my resume in a job fair in the university. So the 1st interview occurred exactly in the job fair. I did very well, because the question is simple. I remember it is about counting sort. And after a week, I got the 2nd interview at the career center (again in the university). Roughly 1 month later (may be 3 weeks?). I got contact from a recruiter and he was quite positive on my profile. Later on, a manager contacted me and he talked briefly about the company. I finally got 3 interviews (all technical) before I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Check whether an area is overlapped with a given one. And some classic question such as remove a node in a link list. (a blackbox function decides which node to remove).   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Pretty standard interview process. One phone screen asking general programming questions (string manipulation, basic algorithm/hashmap stuff), followed by an onsite interview that went into depth with more engineers and more programming questions. Interview varied from general java questions to more specific algorithm questions.

Software Development Engineer In Test Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

I applied through my university's career page and was selected for an on-campus interview. I was then given a series of behavioral/background questions (ex: "what is the hardest thing you've done and how did you do it") and given a paper with some technical questions. I was given about 30 minutes to complete it.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions about data structures and no coding. The interview focused on finding test cases for a problem and tracing through a problem flowchart.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2014.

The interviewer threw a question: writing a piece of code for finding the max sum of a path in a binary tree.