Riverbed Technology

3.2

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

2 Phone interviews, 2 live interviews. Phone interviews were to the point, first screen by a recruiter went more technical than I expected, 2nd one was the hiring group manager - very nice, focussed and courteous. Live interviews were beyond pleasant. I met with 6 team members, each of them brought in a certain strength and angle to the interviews. They articulated clearly how the job function would interact with them, how the day to day looks like, etc. Very challenging interviews as well after the courtesies were exchanged. Not that anyone was trying to show off their knowledge or experience, but genuine questions pertinetn to my experience and releavent to the position.

I came out of the interview uncertain whether I would make it, they took their time but came up with a good offer that I could not refuse.

Interview Questions
    • How would you grow a totally stagnant business where TAM is shrinking?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a product that you don't believe in. Would you tell a customer of known shortcomings in the product?   Answer Question
    • How do you choose where to invest in - a sinking cash cow or an unproven star?   Answer Question
    • How will you shorten time to market?   Answer Question
    Practical, Direct, no twists, fair and straightforward

Support Engineer Interview

very technical interview with lots of networking questions. coding skills and personal skills required for the position.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in April 2014.

recruiter call -> phone interview by hiring manager -> in person interview(this contains a half hour written test that would cover networking, storage, virtualization and coding)

Interview Questions
    • Mostly programming questions -- if there is a directory and multiple subdirectory, how do you get how many files/subdirectories exist in a given directory. i.e. /usr/bin   View Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Internal recruiter will provide a phone screen, ask basic networking questions and then will setup a technical phone screen with an engineer. Be prepared to answer detailed questions on networking especially how TCP and IP work at the packet level. If you pass the phone screen, you will be brought in and interviewed by two managers and three engineers. The engineers will expect you to understand networking and troubleshooting. You are not expected to know Riverbed products, they will train you on that, provided you understand how networks and protocols work.

QE Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Recruiter contacted initially. had to go through online test

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

I was referred to a Riverbed recruiter and around 2 days later I received a call to setup a phone screen. There were no technical questions asked during my phone screen, I was told what the position would entail and asked whether or not I would be able to move closer to the office. I was asked to give a brief description of my background. Two days later I was scheduled for an on-site interview the following week.

On site interview consisted of 5 45 minute interviews. During each of the interviews we went over my past experience and I was asked to solve some coding problems. After the third interview I went to lunch with the group of people interviewing me. All of them were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • How would you check if one word in an anagram of another? Some linked list traversal questions. A question involving sorting algorithms. A few pattern matching questions which required perl/python and regex knowledge. Asked for several test cases after explaining some components.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

Applied through college as well as by contacting the recruiter. Had one round of phone interview with the first question being about traversing binary trees which was expected as I was prepared. The second question was a tougher question about probability which I answered to the best of my knowledge. They wasted a lot of my time by scheduling the phone interview and the interviewer not turning up. Twice!

Interview Questions
    • Find probability of consecutive bullets in a russian roulette game.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2014.

Applied on school's career website and interviewed the following week. Interview took place on campus. They first explained what the company does and asked me some general questions in communication networks. Then they went through my resume for about 15 mins and began asking me some technical questions. Interview took like 40 mins.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Difference between TCP and UDP
      2. Implement the modulo operator without using division

Answer Question

General Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interviewed just after career fair. In interview was asked about how to delete duplicates elements from a linked list.

Interview Questions
    • removing duplicates from a linked list, about my past experiences   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Went through internal recruiter. Had initial phone screening followed by in-person interview. In-person interview lasted all day with each interviewer taking between 45minutes - 1 hour. Very technical. Started off with a written C/C++ test. Not too many questions about project deep-dive. Most questions were C coding questions. Covered most common areas like multi threading, memory management, IPC, string manipulation. Also had design questions.

Interview Questions
    • Design question to merge error logs in chronological order   Answer Question