Riverbed Technology Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.2

Software Engineer (Member of Technical Staff) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was straight forward, the recruiter contacted me over linkedin and had a quick sync up of the position and what they were looking for and had set up the initial phone screen with the hiring manager. The phone screen was a simple programming challenge in C/C++ involving deleting duplicate elements in a linked list and though my solution wasn't perfect around the corner cases, and I was trying to fix things up, he was fine with that and had put me through the onsite. The onsite comprised of six interviews, normal algorithm/ds fundamentals, roughly four programming and two design and a technical chat with the hiring manager wherein I had expressed my view that I didn't do my best is some interviews and the response that I got was that they factor in a bunch of components to make the final decision. It has been two weeks and there aren't any response from the recruiter on the final onsite and I presume that I didn't get through, which wasn't a total shocker but the fact that the company which was rated one of the best place to work for had such an unethical practice towards the interviewers is quite disappointing. You may find some candidates not worth your time and that's why the phone screens are for, at least be courteous to send out the result for the interview for the amount of time that the candidate had spent towards the interviewing not taking into account the fact that we had to take the day off for the onsite as well.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just a question about cloning a linked list with an arbitrary pointer and to find an element in a matrix with elements sorted along the columns and rows.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in November 2014.

Interview

There was an online test 20 questions related to Networking and 2 Coding questions. Expect Coding questions related to Linked list and binary trees. Followed by a Phone screening. Same kind of questions repeated and some questions related to Linux also asked. Will ask you solve the programming questions . Even though the interview was good they said the response is not positive.

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter reached me by phone. She scheduled a phone interview. And I eventually answered each and every question right. The interviewer who was prepared to ask me questions for one hour, could complete the questions in 30 minutes coz I was very quick and I answered everything to the point. I never heard back from them. I tried reaching via email and I did not receive any response. So, I called up to this recruiter and she said that I could not clear the interview but there are two other positions which might also be perfect fit. This is not the first time though. The recruiters never get back to you if you haven't cleared the interview. This is a patented characteristic of the Riverbed recruiters I guess which I feel is absolutely a very bad habit.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find if a number is a palindrome   1 Answer

Software Engineer (Member of Technical Staff) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Riverbed Technology in September 2011.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus for software development process. No feedback for 3 weeks. After that I was called for a phone interview for a test position. Just asked me about my experience in testing. Rejected since I did not have any experience in testing.