Riverbed Technology Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

3.1

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Very thorough and professional during the whole process. I had two rounds of phone interview before being called on-site. There were programming questions asked over the phone as well as during the in-person interview. Robin and Kara took good care to make sure that the process was as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Write a program to write to a named pipe in Unix. Also a programming question on finding a sub-string.   Answer Question

Non Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2014.

The recruiter was very helpful from beginning to end process. The team was flexible to meet for interview. Lots of follow up from recruiter. She was able to answer questions throughout the preinterview phase and post.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities to you have that can make this team and position efficient.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2014.

Was reached out by an in-house recruiter and connected with the hiring manager. Each person spoke as if they were very interested. After losing touch for a week and reminding them, the recruiter contacted me again and said they would put together a call in the afternoon. That call never came.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Phone interview with recruiter, quickly followed-up with phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview with 5 people. During the interview I there was a discussion about setting-up a second round of interviews.

However I never heard anything pack from Riverbed despite some emails to the recruiter asking for a status check. Several weeks after this, I was contacted by another Riverbed recruiter asking me if I was interested in the same position - I explained I already interviewed for the position but never heard anything pack. She did some checking and reported that I'm "still in the running..." yeah-right

It's been my experience when companies are this flaky and unresponsive during the interview process, they're a bad company to work for. No one should just be left hanging after and interview. Can't say I'm sorry this didn't work-out..just a sign of bad things to come with Riverbed.

Software Engineer Networks (MTS) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2010.

They start with a network-knowledge test, followed by whiteboard coding exercises. After that, you meet 1-on-1 with a half-dozen engineers. After that you meet a manager or two, and they ask you more general questions. I don't remember much more.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how to efficiently sort through data on a slow medium.   Answer Question

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

2 Phone interviews, 2 live interviews. Phone interviews were to the point, first screen by a recruiter went more technical than I expected, 2nd one was the hiring group manager - very nice, focussed and courteous. Live interviews were beyond pleasant. I met with 6 team members, each of them brought in a certain strength and angle to the interviews. They articulated clearly how the job function would interact with them, how the day to day looks like, etc. Very challenging interviews as well after the courtesies were exchanged. Not that anyone was trying to show off their knowledge or experience, but genuine questions pertinetn to my experience and releavent to the position.

I came out of the interview uncertain whether I would make it, they took their time but came up with a good offer that I could not refuse.

Interview Questions
    • How would you grow a totally stagnant business where TAM is shrinking?   Answer Question
    • How would you sell a product that you don't believe in. Would you tell a customer of known shortcomings in the product?   Answer Question
    • How do you choose where to invest in - a sinking cash cow or an unproven star?   Answer Question
    • How will you shorten time to market?   Answer Question
    Practical, Direct, no twists, fair and straightforward

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2011.

You need at least 5 years inside or outside selling experience with over quota achievement from a high tech employer. I would research all products lines and learn about the company's history.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2010.

Met with RD and interviewed with VP of Sales

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2011.

I had an initial fit interview on the phone and then 4 on site interviews with the hiring manager and his peers. After that, I received an offer and started 3 weeks later. The process was very straightforward and simple.

Interview Questions
    • I felt I was well prepared, so none of the questions seemed particularly difficult. They probed for area expertise and understanding of the business space, but nothing unreasonable.   Answer Question

Senior Curriculum Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in November 2012.

I was contacted by a recruiter who was so knowledgeable, I at first thought she was the hiring manager.

I was quickly connected to the hiring manager with whom I clicked immediately and we talked for some time.

I was brought in to do a presentation and meet with 6 different people. All of whom impressed me.

Interview Questions
    • Among many other questions more general in nature, I was asked to solve a logic puzzle having to do with coins of differing weights and a limited number of times you could weigh a pile.   Answer Question

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!