Riverbed Technology

34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – You need at least 5 years inside or outside selling experience with over quota achievement from a high tech employer. I would research all products lines and learn about the company's history.

Interview Question – How would you overachieve quota?   View Answer

Sales Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with RD and interviewed with VP of Sales

Interview Question – What is your current W2 expectations   View Answer

Director Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial fit interview on the phone and then 4 on site interviews with the hiring manager and his peers. After that, I received an offer and started 3 weeks later. The process was very straightforward and simple.

Interview Question – I felt I was well prepared, so none of the questions seemed particularly difficult. They probed for area expertise and understanding of the business space, but nothing unreasonable.   Answer Question

Senior Curriculum Developer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who was so knowledgeable, I at first thought she was the hiring manager.

I was quickly connected to the hiring manager with whom I clicked immediately and we talked for some time.

I was brought in to do a presentation and meet with 6 different people. All of whom impressed me.

Interview Question – Among many other questions more general in nature, I was asked to solve a logic puzzle having to do with coins of differing weights and a limited number of times you could weigh a pile.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very respectful and thoughtful process. The people at Riverbed are clearly very intelligent and professional. Their process is well defined, and they seem very clear in the type of people they are looking for. My sense is that the culture at Riverbed is very mature, and the opportunities for advancement are very clear.

Interview Question – There were no surprises or traps in my experience.   Answer Question

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2013.

Interview Details – for me, it happened quick, I brought is supporting documentation for resume, work history and recommendations.

Interview Question – none...it was perfect timing...everything clicked. Good people. Don't b.s. My supporting documentation merely validated everything that I had stated in my application.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in August 2009.

Interview Details – Usually contacted by internal recruiters. Expect a non-technical phone interview with the recruiter, then a more technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Depending on how that goes, there could be 1 or 2 phone interviews and then an "on-site" intervew with 4-6 members of the team.

The interviewers will asked technical questions around the candidates work experience and also look for team fit as the work environment and cohesion is very important.

Interview Question – There were a couple of "physics" like questions. How would you measure the total distance of roads in a city, etc...   View Answers (2)

Sales Engineer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process may take a couple of months because you meet with the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then peers, then the Regional Director.

Interview Question – What's your worst characteristic?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee of Riverbed. I did 2 phone screens - 1 with HR, and 1 with the hiring manager. Then 2 on-sites - 1st with hiring manager, 2nd with a panel including manager, director and VP. Offer was made about 1 week later

Interview Question – Pitch the last company i worked for and sell there solution   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online for the position, they contacted in a week time and scheduled a telephone interview with two people on a conference call. They discussed my resume and asked details about my past experience. Also, some common questions like Why Riverbed etc.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Riverbed Technology

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Riverbed Technology Videos

Riverbed Technology – Why Work for Us?

Join the Winning Team Riverbed Technology and our award-winning WAN optimization solutions are changing the way organizations work. The pride, expertise, and innovation we build into our products and services are an… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Riverbed Technology interview questions and advice in San Francisco, CA. All 34 interview reviews posted anonymously by Riverbed Technology employees and interview candidates.