Riverbed Technology

Very Easy Interview

Non Sales Interview

Non Sales
San Francisco, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2014.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very helpful from beginning to end process. The team was flexible to meet for interview. Lots of follow up from recruiter. She was able to answer questions throughout the preinterview phase and post.

Interview Question – What qualities to you have that can make this team and position efficient.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2014.

Interview Details – Was reached out by an in-house recruiter and connected with the hiring manager. Each person spoke as if they were very interested. After losing touch for a week and reminding them, the recruiter contacted me again and said they would put together a call in the afternoon. That call never came.

Interview Question – Asked basic javascript and jquery questions   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview Details – Phone interview with recruiter, quickly followed-up with phone interview with hiring manager. On-site interview with 5 people. During the interview I there was a discussion about setting-up a second round of interviews.

However I never heard anything pack from Riverbed despite some emails to the recruiter asking for a status check. Several weeks after this, I was contacted by another Riverbed recruiter asking me if I was interested in the same position - I explained I already interviewed for the position but never heard anything pack. She did some checking and reported that I'm "still in the running..." yeah-right

It's been my experience when companies are this flaky and unresponsive during the interview process, they're a bad company to work for. No one should just be left hanging after and interview. Can't say I'm sorry this didn't work-out..just a sign of bad things to come with Riverbed.

Interview Question – Was it hard getting here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Networks (MTS) Interview

Software Engineer Networks (MTS)
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in March 2010.

Interview Details – They start with a network-knowledge test, followed by whiteboard coding exercises. After that, you meet 1-on-1 with a half-dozen engineers. After that you meet a manager or two, and they ask you more general questions. I don't remember much more.

Interview Question – Explain how to efficiently sort through data on a slow medium.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Director Interview

Marketing Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews, 2 live interviews. Phone interviews were to the point, first screen by a recruiter went more technical than I expected, 2nd one was the hiring group manager - very nice, focussed and courteous. Live interviews were beyond pleasant. I met with 6 team members, each of them brought in a certain strength and angle to the interviews. They articulated clearly how the job function would interact with them, how the day to day looks like, etc. Very challenging interviews as well after the courtesies were exchanged. Not that anyone was trying to show off their knowledge or experience, but genuine questions pertinetn to my experience and releavent to the position.

I came out of the interview uncertain whether I would make it, they took their time but came up with a good offer that I could not refuse.

Interview Questions

• How would you grow a totally stagnant business where TAM is shrinking?   Answer Question
  • How would you sell a product that you don't believe in. Would you tell a customer of known shortcomings in the product?   Answer Question
  • How do you choose where to invest in - a sinking cash cow or an unproven star?   Answer Question
  • How will you shorten time to market?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Practical, Direct, no twists, fair and straightforward

Commercial Sales Executive Interview

Commercial Sales Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – You need at least 5 years inside or outside selling experience with over quota achievement from a high tech employer. I would research all products lines and learn about the company's history.

Interview Question – How would you overachieve quota?   View Answer

Sales Interview

Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with RD and interviewed with VP of Sales

Interview Question – What is your current W2 expectations   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial fit interview on the phone and then 4 on site interviews with the hiring manager and his peers. After that, I received an offer and started 3 weeks later. The process was very straightforward and simple.

Interview Question – I felt I was well prepared, so none of the questions seemed particularly difficult. They probed for area expertise and understanding of the business space, but nothing unreasonable.   Answer Question

Senior Curriculum Developer Interview

Senior Curriculum Developer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter who was so knowledgeable, I at first thought she was the hiring manager.

I was quickly connected to the hiring manager with whom I clicked immediately and we talked for some time.

I was brought in to do a presentation and meet with 6 different people. All of whom impressed me.

Interview Question – Among many other questions more general in nature, I was asked to solve a logic puzzle having to do with coins of differing weights and a limited number of times you could weigh a pile.   Answer Question

Commercial Account Executive Interview

Commercial Account Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverbed Technology in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very respectful and thoughtful process. The people at Riverbed are clearly very intelligent and professional. Their process is well defined, and they seem very clear in the type of people they are looking for. My sense is that the culture at Riverbed is very mature, and the opportunities for advancement are very clear.

Interview Question – There were no surprises or traps in my experience.   Answer Question

Worked for Riverbed Technology? Contribute to the Community!