Riverbed Technology

Updated Oct 27, 2014

3.1

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

Applied online. Had a call from the recruiter first and a phone screen with the VP of engineering at a later date. They then had me fly to their office in Sunnyvale where I had about 4 technical interviews and one with the VP again. Questions were mostly related to systems and couple of standard algorithm questions. There was a simple question about bit manipulation, another one about LRU cache design, a synchronization problem and standard questions like the toughest problems I worked on, etc. Finally had a talk with the VP. Overall the experience was good. Couple of employees took me out for lunch in between interviews. The travel arrangements were good.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about signals, and although I knew what signals are I didn't articulate it well. But the interviewer was really nice and indicated what is the key thing about it.   View Answer

I received an offer from another company where the work was more to my liking.

Other Interview Reviews for Riverbed Technology

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in June 2014.

Was reached out by an in-house recruiter and connected with the hiring manager. Each person spoke as if they were very interested. After losing touch for a week and reminding them, the recruiter contacted me again and said they would put together a call in the afternoon. That call never came.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

I sent my resume in a job fair in the university. So the 1st interview occurred exactly in the job fair. I did very well, because the question is simple. I remember it is about counting sort. And after a week, I got the 2nd interview at the career center (again in the university). Roughly 1 month later (may be 3 weeks?). I got contact from a recruiter and he was quite positive on my profile. Later on, a manager contacted me and he talked briefly about the company. I finally got 3 interviews (all technical) before I got the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Check whether an area is overlapped with a given one. And some classic question such as remove a node in a link list. (a blackbox function decides which node to remove).   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2014.

The interviewer threw a question: writing a piece of code for finding the max sum of a path in a binary tree.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2014.

I apply through alumni, and got email within one week, and got phone interview, the process is quick and efficient. Their HR is nice, but their interviewer seems to be busy on his thing during the interview, so I felt bad about the interviewer

Interview Questions
    • What is internal & external fragmentation ? they are using C language, so give me question in Cracking the coding interview 13.9 which deal with aligned malloc and free function.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in February 2014.

I interviewed with its Champaign Office for a Software Engineer Intern. The interviewers are generally nice. Firstly passed a phone interview and then go onsite. There 4 round interviews, asking a lot about network, experiences, and coding. Coding questions are relatively easy. I have never heard back after the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

1 phone screen interview
    1 paper based test
    5 onsite interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Riverbed Technology in July 2013.

Saw opening on LinkedIn. Recruiter contacted me within 24 hours. Had 1st phone interview with hiring manager. Gave position description, product description. Asked details about past work. 2nd phone interview was with senior engineer, asked to code on shared document in C++. Recruiter never contacted me after 2nd interview. Not even rejection email.

Software Engineering Interview

Met the HR on Campus Recruiting. They gave one sheet with one question to applicants to answer. I think I answered it well, and I got the second round of interview in the second day. It was one to one interview. He asked two code questions. One is shuffling cards, the second one is bi-tree question.

Software Engineer Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Riverbed Technology.

It was 6 round interview. Recruiter are really quick in setting up interview. For me 4 interviews goes well and 2, I had tough time. Pretty much standard question.

Interview Questions
    • Design an api to read a block of memory of a given length from memory disk.   Answer Question