Riverstone Residential Group Assistant Property Manager Interview Questions

2.0

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Interview

The interview process was long. I interviewed at 3 properties in 3 weeks. Each one assured me they had a position for me. When I was finally hired, I started right away, but it took several weeks to get all of the sign ins and passwords that I needed to do my job.

Other Interview Reviews for Riverstone Residential Group

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Riverstone Residential Group (Portland, OR) in December 2012.

Interview

Job was posted, I got approval from current manager to apply, applied, received email/calls to set up interview, interviewed, hired and started 3 weeks later

Interview Questions

• "HR is the hardest part of management-what would be your management style to handle your team?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There really wasn't one

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Riverstone Residential Group (Seattle, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

First, let me just say I had applied at 3 separate properties all at once and this is a lump summary of all 3 interviews over the course of a 2.5 week portion of time. I was originally called for a position close to my home location at a property by the Manager. She asked me a few questions like why I was looking to change, etc. and then asked me to come in the next day. My interview was at 1:30 and when I came in the office, her personal office was shut and there was just a leasing agent there. She said she would let her know I had arrived and so I sat in the lobby and waited. No one spoke to me or looked my way for 20 minutes, then 30, then I checked my watch again and thought okay if this chick doesn't come out soon forget this...I am leaving! Sure enough, an HOUR later she came out and apologized she had to "get her budget sent". Seriously? I told her I had to leave and I would have to reschedule. SECOND interview I had was at a property in Greenlake and the lady flat out told me she wanted to hire from within but she wanted to meet me and see if I would be a good fit for a Leasing position. Mind you I had applied for the Assistant role. I didn't know what to say, so I asked her if she felt I wasn't suited for the role and that I was under the impression I was being considered for an Assistant role to which she replied "yes, I am aware, and I am sorry, I should've told you before you drove here but I just feel like hiring within is a better option and would save me time on training since it's budget season and all". Okay fine. I was 2 for 2 and really started to get annoyed that Riverstone Managers liked to mess with people. My third and final attempt at an interview had already been scheduled by this point so I still went and figured it was worth a shot. The manager was great, she asked me to come back and interview a second time with her Regional, which I did the next day. They said they needed to discuss the hiring process with the owners and it was between myself and another candidate. I received a call the next day saying the owners preferred to go with an in house transfer from a Downtown property and simply hire from within. That was the final time I ever applied with Riverstone. The property manager later called me back and asked me if I would be interested in taking a position at a property other than that location and I said I was no longer interested based on my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult or demanding personalities?   Answer Question
    • Why do you feel you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Every experience I had with a manager was difficult, unprofessional, and felt very pushed off and as if they were just going through the motions. I figured if I felt that way during the interview, I wouldn't want to continue in a career with Riverstone.