Riverstone Residential Group Interview Questions & Reviews

29 interviews

2.3

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2014.

Met the recruiter at a career fair and then applied. The recruiter was nice and kept in touch with me but I waited for months for a property to call. Then I had to go through 4 interviews for an entry level job. I am a college graduate and wanted to know about the opportunities that the recruiter talked about but the on site staff obviously don't like people with an education, probably because they don't have one.

Interview Questions
    • They were not prepared with any questions. I felt like they wanted to just put me down and be humiliating. The recruiter at my school had me excited, but the people at the apartments themselves did not live up to any of my expectations.   Answer Question

There is no value given to my education. Leasing people don't even need to finish high school and I don't want to start at that level. I will find a company that wants to hire people with an education.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2012.

I was referred to the company by a current employee. I got a call to schedule an interview. I went to the interview and met with 2 different teams that were needing a Senior Property Accountant which is the job I applied for. I met first with 2 Controllers from 2 different teams and then with the 2 Accounting Managers from those teams. One team I liked and the other I didn't. The HR person that was facilitating the process was new and the most unprofessional, inexperienced HR recruiter I've ever worked with. That should have been my first red flag. I found out in less than a week that they wanted to make an offer. I asked for which team because I wasn't going to accept if it was for the team that I didn't feel I would enjoy working with. The HR recruiter told me it was for the team I liked. I asked for the benefits package information to review to make an informed decision. I also wanted to know about parking expense because I'd never worked anywhere that didn't provide free parking and I knew that I would have to pay for parking and needed to know what the options cost. The first packet of info the HR recruiter emailed me was incomplete and I had to ask more than once for the information I needed. Not only was she unhelpful in answering my questions but she also had an attitude as though she didn't feel she should have to answer any questions at all! That should have been red flag #2. When I finally decided to accept the offer, the offer letter had the name of the wrong team members on it. I asked her why that was and she said it was an error and I would be on the team I preferred. She sent a corrected offer letter with the right names which I signed and sent back to her. I ended up accepting a position as a Property Accountant instead of a Senior even though I was told I was interviewing for the Senior position I had applied for. That should have been red flag #3 and I should have ran in the opposite direction...but I didn't. When I showed up on the first day, I was introduced to a team of people I had never met headed by the Controller that I didn't want to work for! I was given the explanation that they decided to put me on a different team.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected but there was a ridiculous accounting test and I had to complete a manual bank reconciliation that I later found out was the actual way they complete bank recons! Talk about antiquated! Any company that needs an accounting test isn't confident enough in the people they're hiring or they're own hiring abilities because if the position requires a degree and certain number of years' experience and that information is verified, there should be no need for an accounting test.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase; it was take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in June 2014.

there is a online assessment for behavior questions, then the manager emailed me to make an appointment for phone interview. Our phone interview has lasted for 50mins, her questions based on your own accounting background and your work experience. It was pretty intense.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me your experience with bank reconciliation, and journal entries?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

The interview process was long. I interviewed at 3 properties in 3 weeks. Each one assured me they had a position for me. When I was finally hired, I started right away, but it took several weeks to get all of the sign ins and passwords that I needed to do my job.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethesda, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in November 2013.

Time consuming, very long. Must take a People Answers assessment first, then telephone interview, then first interview, then meet with potential boss. Waited a while for offer.After hire lots of paperwork, which most places have, but then a lot of passwords and log ins to get you up and running.

No Negotiation.

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2013.

Hiring and interview process was a little slow due to multiple interviews scheduled with different people over a 2 week period. Process could be shortened and better organized.
    Very relaxed environment, making it comfortable to interview and put your best foot forward.

Interview Questions
    • Is there anything you have done that may have not been the best decision but you do not regret doing?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was not really necessary as I made my salary requirements fairly clear and they were met without question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed online - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in April 2014.

Online, 1 hour interview with questions formed from personality test online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in March 2013.

Interview questions were dictated by a personality inventory/test taken when I applied online. My responses were met with "I knew you'd say that"

Interview Questions
    It was "I'm going to offer you this much and you'd be a fool not to take it."

Painter/Make Ready Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ellensburg, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ellensburg, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in August 2013.

The interview i had was a very short interview with little questioning. Questioning was in regards to my skill set and knowledge of the job. unbelievably informal with the salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
    • There really wasnt an unexpected or difficult question.   Answer Question
    Very smooth in the process of the interview.

Property Accountant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Phone interview=>face to face 2 on 1 interview

Interview Questions
    • The mos t unexpected questions was how I would react if an co worker is not getting alone with me. Another question was how would i prioritize communicating with two equal branch managers at the same time.   Answer Question

Worked for Riverstone Residential Group? Contribute to the Community!