Riverstone Residential Group

1.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2014.

Met the recruiter at a career fair and then applied. The recruiter was nice and kept in touch with me but I waited for months for a property to call. Then I had to go through 4 interviews for an entry level job. I am a college graduate and wanted to know about the opportunities that the recruiter talked about but the on site staff obviously don't like people with an education, probably because they don't have one.

Interview Questions
  • They were not prepared with any questions. I felt like they wanted to just put me down and be humiliating. The recruiter at my school had me excited, but the people at the apartments themselves did not live up to any of my expectations.   Answer Question

There is no value given to my education. Leasing people don't even need to finish high school and I don't want to start at that level. I will find a company that wants to hire people with an education.

Other Interview Reviews for Riverstone Residential Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in April 2014.

Online, 1 hour interview with questions formed from personality test online.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winter Park, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winter Park, FL

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in March 2013.

Interview questions were dictated by a personality inventory/test taken when I applied online. My responses were met with "I knew you'd say that"

Interview Questions
    It was "I'm going to offer you this much and you'd be a fool not to take it."

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in October 2013.

I applied online for months, and never got a call. I started calling property managers directly, and it took months before I got a call. I honestly don't think that they care about how motivated someone is to do a good job. When I finally scored an interview, the interviewer kept me waiting for over an hour, then she took a personal phone call during my interview. I left there not wanting to work for that company, but it still would have been nice to be treated respectfully or to be notified that I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • She was completely unprepared for the interview, and her questions were things like "why do you want to work here". Insulting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plainsboro, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainsboro, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in November 2012.

They already had their mind made up that they were going to offer me the job just based off my resume

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thornton, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2012.

When I arrived for my interview I was met by a nice lady who said the person who will first interview me is on a call so she showed me to a common area and said after the property manager interviews me she will. I waited for an hour! The property manager talked to me for ten minutes, in a condescending manner, then said she was done. No second interview, no pleasantries. This was the worst interview I have ever attended; and most degrading.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in August 2011.

My interview experience was quite pleasant with Riverstone Residential. I first met with the property manager, who I really felt took the time to get to know me and my strengths as well as my weaknesses. It seemed like she was genuinely interested in what I could bring to the table, not just trying to fill the position. After the initial interview, I was called to meet with the property manager and the regional manager. This interview was also very pleasant, although was a little more intense, for obvious reasons. I clicked with the regional manager on a personal level (because of my previous employment), though, and she was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • I guess that the most difficult question I was asked was "what interests you in becoming a leasing consultant?" Honestly, before interviewing, I had no interest in becoming a leasing consultant. I just needed a new job. It isn't a very difficult position, so the interview process wasn't grueling. Plus I was highly recommended by someone inside the company and I think that helped.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my salary slightly, but because I had no experience prior to applying, I couldn't raise it that much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in July 2009.

Initial process, Easy. However, advancement within the company is ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • How would yuo handle a Resident Issue, when you do not have the authority to do what they are asking   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in August 2008.

After putting the application in, I was contacted for a preliminary phone interview. They asked general questions about me and my experiences. Then I was brought in for an interview where I was asked about my customer service experience, if I had any sales experience, and some general personality questions. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. The manager interviewing me was very professional.

Interview Questions
    • What is the hardest sale you ever had to make?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations as far as salary, though start time was negotiable.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Takes forever, requires interviews with 4 or more people, there is no communication between the interviews so you end up repeating yourself many times.

Interview Questions
    Hardly, it took forever to get appreciated. I had to give notice to get a raise.

Worked for Riverstone Residential Group? Contribute to the Community!