Riverstone Residential Group

Getting the Interview

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Property Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Interview Details – Apply through people answers. Once they review it they will call you in for an interview. Most of the time they promote from within so they know you and if youi will be a good fit for the position.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Interview Details – PeopleAnswers screening. Online application and background. 3 in person interviews.

Interview Question – Standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Company is very budget driven, but with approval from specific ownership group you could have some leverage if you're experienced enough in position.

Property Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group.

Interview Details – Referred by another associate. Had to fill out People's Answers quiz and personality test which was time consuming. Got an interview within a week and was hired subsequently. It was relatively easy as long as you get in touch with the right person.

Interview Question – On the spot math calculations! (At least I got a pen and paper)   Answer Question

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – After logging in online and filling out the application along with a general questionaire, I was called for a phone interview. I met the Regional Manager at the property and we went through a series of questions. Riverstone has set questions for an interview that are tailored to the answers given for the general questionaire. The whole process was very provessional and logical.

Interview Question – I was asked to give specific stories / details of situations I have gone through.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was asked how much I desired to make and was given a counter offer that was lower. At this time I am still not making what I origianlly asked for, but the benefits are better than I expected.

Very Difficult Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Riverstone Residential Group in May 2008.

Interview Details – I worked with a company acquired by Riverstone. I had worked for this company for nine years. After only a few months of employment with Riverstone, I was made aware that my position was no longer avaialble to me. This was my current employer and so I agreed to an interview to maintain a lesser position within the company. I was asked to complete a personality test and I did. I was then called in for an interview. I arrived a bit early. I waited for approximately one hour past my appointed interview time before I was called in for an interview. The interview was conducted by two Regional Managers. It was easily understood when I entered the room, (by unfriendly facial expressions and closed body language), that neither Regional Manager really wanted to interview me. However, I was determined to impress them with my professionalism and 19 years worth of experience in the industry. These proved to be mute points as the interview seemed predetermined. I was asked very vague questions, which I answered very well. I was then given each Regional's set of specified expectations. The expectations portion of the interview was the majority of the interview. Neither Regional ever contacted me with any further questions or comments. The VP with the purchased company contacted me and told me that he had received a report of a horrible interview and told me that he found it very hard to believe. He worked out a deal with an owner to retain my services over two Managers at two properties,(at the salary I was already making). At this point in time I was offered a position with another company and I accepted it.

Interview Question – Describe a normal work day.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Riverstone Residential Group

Worked for Riverstone Residential Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Riverstone Residential Group Property Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Riverstone Residential Group employees and interview candidates.