Rivet Software Interview Questions

2.1

Technical Support Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rivet Software.

Interview

I gave my resume to HR, and got a phone interview. In the interview, I was just asked a simple HTML question, and was asked to identify the problem with the statement. It was the only question I was asked. Not too long after that, I received the offer. At the time they were hiring quickly, so the process was less than a week long. And it was a temporary position at first.

Interview Questions

• I was just asked a simple HTML question, and was asked to identify the problem with the statement.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview processed included 2 phone interviews, 2 in-person interviews, and 2 projects. The first phone interview was conducted by the Marketing Director, and the second phone interview conducted by the newly appointed VP of Sales & Marketing who was unaware of the position until several hours before the phone interview. The VP of Sales & Marketing was unprofessional during the call with word choice. The in-person interviews included interviewing with 4 people: the Marketing Director, 2 individuals on the marketing team, and the Sales Director. Each of the in-person interviews lasted between 1.5 - 2 hours. The 2 projects included preparing a presentation that included answers to 4 specific questions. The second project involved copy editing and designing a Rivet case study. Very time intensive process. The last step of the process was the phone interview with the VP of Sales of Marketing - after this phone interview - never heard from Rivet again.

Proofreader - Financial Statements Interview

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rivet Software.

Interview

I got a call on a Saturday night, and was asked if I could come in on Sunday to start work. I came in Sunday afternoon and worked about 8 hours, after 2 hours of training. Worked 50 hours that week. It worked out well for them, because many of us, including me, were overqualified for the job.

Interview Questions

• I was surprised that the only question I was asked was whether I was ready to work and which shift I wanted. The training was very minimal, possibly because I had a lot of background, but I am not sure that my boss knew that at the time. She was a really hard worker and was overwhelmed at that point - I think she had been giving emergency hiring funds. It was very sad for some clients whose work was proofed by absolute incompetents.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in October 2011.

Interview

I've been trying to get into Rivet for a while, I am either overqualified or underqualified, there always seems to be some kind of exuse or issue. In my dealing with Rivet, I have observed that there are many, very young, and unexperience employees hired, and talking with past employees, I have come to the conclusion that if you are not young and right out of college, or older and experience you can expect not to be hired by Rivet.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based around Team Work and Team Player and very long hours.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in September 2011.

Interview

Pretty simple - the recruiting manager contacted me, I called her back, and was invited for an interview. The interview was about 30 minutes. No expectation that I know what XBRL is. It was a very optimistic time for the company. I was told there would be busy periods but it sounded like they would not be nearly as long and stressful as they truly are.

XBRL Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in August 2011.

Interview

Extremely easy and straight-forward questions. Not many follow-up questions. Interviewers did not spend much time preparing.

XBRL Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

Honestly, this interview was a joke. I was called in and scheduled right away. The entire interview lasted about an hour. They didn't even ask any questions about me or past experience. If you have an accounting or finance degree, you will automatically get hired. All you have to do is smile and drop key words like "team work". One guy interviewed and turned down the offer, 6 months later he re-applied and got the job without another interview. Biggest joke of an interview ever.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an accounting or finance degree?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating available.

XBRL Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rivet Software (Denver, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

was interested in the position from my previous experience, I knew about XBRL but the interviewer did not focus on the details of my experience. Rather the interview was focused on my achievements, ability to work in teams and other basic interview question.

Interview Questions

• What achievements, professional or academic, are you most proud of and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Rivet Software (Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

The whole process took about 15 to 20 minutes. I showed up way overdressed, expecting a professional atmosphere. The company was extremely laid back. While I was wearing a full business suit, most of the staff was wearing t-shirts and shorts. The interview itself was a pleasant conversation. A big emphasis was put on being flexible with hours and working with a team. All in all, the easiest interview I've ever been on. I got a call maybe 2 hours later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nonexistent

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Rivet Software in April 2010.

Interview

The people that interviewed me were late. I had the feeling that they didn't want to do the interview. I was interviewd by people in holey blue jeans, they asked me questions about my personal life, how many children, what did my husband do. Those questions are not suppose to be asked.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my personal life - you aren't suppose to be asked this, so why do employers still do it.   Answer Question