Road Runner Sports Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Retail Fitter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (Falls Church, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

They did a group interview, very relaxing. Managers seem nice. And then we looked around the store for products. They talked about selling shoes alot and theres base pay and a commission type deal and they also talk about weekly bonus if u meet the sales goal. Very active in running events.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you gave exceptional customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Fit Expert Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Road Runner Sports.

Interview

This company has an in-house recruiting team-- so one day I got a call from one of their recruiters. She was super nice and put me at ease, apparently she liked me well enough because I was invited in for a group interview. The group interview was surprising, it was fun even though I was nervous about it being an interview. I think the only off-putting part about it is that all the other applicants are there interviewing for the same position so it's kind of like a competition.

Interview Questions

• They asked us to "sell" a product, they had some items there for us to try to "sell" the interviewers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiating for this position. They had a base pay and then commission based on individual sales.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Road Runner Sports.

Interview

the interview process was very in-depth. you have to take a series of a few tests, both personality based and skill set based. there was an initial phone screen with a recruiter, then another with the hiring manager, then a series of in person interviews, as well as taking the tests. you then needed to review your tests with the hiring managers. the over all process though was positive, because you get a real idea of the company and what you will be doing. i took it as a positive. everyone was very helpful and pleasant.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Road Runner Sports.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone by a recruiter unexpectedly a little over a week later. Luckily I was able to think on my feet so I passed on to the next stage, which was an in person interview at the corporate office. I was told it was a panel interview (meaning more than one person was interviewing me), but was given no indication that more than one person would be interviewing WITH me. Not sure if the candidates knew this either, but we all seemed a little shell shocked waiting in the lobby knowing we would all be interviewing together for the same position. The four interviewers introduced themselves and the recruiter (not the same one from the phone interview) asked a few open ended questions that were up for grabs. Then each person was asked a question or two while the others were expected to sit and listen. There was virtually no cross dialogue or discussion unless someone being interviewed initiated it.

I took much more initiative than any other candidate which landed me another interview, this time a panel but I was the only one being interviewed. There was a last minute interviewer replacement and the replacement clearly was unprepared or didn't care and had no questions for me, and just sat there while the other two interviewers talked to me. I had another panel interview which was my final interview.

I was caught off guard pretty much during the entire process, interviewing for this company is not for the weak or inflexible.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected, typical "tell us about yourself", "what do you know about RoadRunner sports" questions   Answer Question

Fit Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Road Runner Sports.

Interview

Phone interview with HR, panel interview with store manager, and then waiting period for notification on whether you have the job or not. My perspective, the panel interview didn't feel like a panel interview at all. It wasn't highly extensive to where you'd get a feel of the candidate. Each candidate was only asked around 3-4 questions.

Interview Questions

• What is a difficult situation you've dealt with and how do you prioritize?
      What are your hobbies outside of work?

Answer Question

Fit Expert Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (San Diego, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

First they will call you and ask why you want to work there, get a feel for your personality and then set up an interview date. It will be a group interview with role play and personality tests. Very high energy. You start off in the dog house and they do a general introduction of themselves, background of the company, and then proceed to have everyone else introduce themselves. You give your name, where your from, and an interesting fact about yourself. They then have you take a personality test and do some role playing on the spot with a random product from the store. You get a moment to read about the product and then proceed to attempt to sell it to the "customer." Finally they give you a tour and conclude the group interview. It's very simple. Just smile a looottttt and be energetic. Don't be a wallflower. Don't worry about tattoos Or piercings, they don't mind unless it's vulgar.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any athletic background or knowledge of athletic products? (Not required)   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Multiple interviews with DM, Director of Stores and VP after several phone interviews with recruiters. Five total interviews. Unlike Fit Expert position Managers interview one on one. The process takes a while because of the distances of all parties involved.

Online Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (San Diego, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR recruiter via email saying I had an impressive application. She then scheduled a 20 minute interview two days later. It was a behavioral interview requiring many examples from past experiences. I was told that I would hear back by EOW, but I ended up getting an automated message from their internal system saying another candidate had been selected already. I thought in-person interviews with the team was the next round?

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an idea no one liked or agreed with, and how it was handled. Tell me about a successful campaign you launched.   Answer Question
    • What's the number one item on your bucket list?   Answer Question

Roaming Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

The position I interviewed for was to cover the West Coast Territory. The interview was a group interview, including sales tactics, management style, as well as sales technique. Overall, a simple first interview. I have an outside sales background, and had been a project manager stationed in Houston. I had mentioned to the recruiter that for both interviews that I would be flying in just for the interview, then heading back out.

the second interview is where I take offense to their practices. The company does not have locations in Houston, and would i would only be able to fly in for 1 day, as my current job had little room for me to not be on site. They asked if i had been into their stores yet. i answered no, I had been in Houston since the last meeting, but would make sure that I was able to get into one before I left. The interviewer said "No need. I thought you were smarter than that. Have a good day." I asked if they had a store in TX, he said no. "you should have been to one here."

I will admit, if time had permitted, i should have been into the store, however, their appeal in me was that I was road-tested and able to be removed from my family for months on end. I was insulted by the level of disrespect the interviewer showed me.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Road Runner Sports (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

The hiring process was a awesome experience. Pretty much a open panel type of deal where you introduce yourself to other that may be your co-worker. The favorite thing i love about the interview they allow you to show case your sales ability on day one seeing how creative your are when it's come to sales so at the end of the day it's feel like everybody is family.

Interview Questions

• What would your past employer say about your strongest strengths that you brought to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Now i keep it real at all times now you got to know we are as a county we are coming out a recession so u got to know a lot o company are on a budget tight with money but road runner sport is pretty good in looking at there employer what i experience so far