Roaring Fork Transportation Authority

Roaring Fork Transportation Authority Graphic Designer Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Roaring Fork Transportation Authority in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and submitted a resume cover letter and three samples of work. A month later, they contacted me for an interview. There was a whole "Interview Committee", rather than an interviewer, consisting of the IT Director, the IT Manager, the Marketing Manager and the HR /Risk Management Manager in the basement of a former bank. Dress was "Aspen Business Casual". (No neckties were evident.)

Was specifically asked:
If I spoke Spanish - they need an in-house Spanish translator for schedules and website changes. This was a deal breaker.

If I was proficient in Adobe Flash and Dreamweaver.

If I prefer PC or Mac.

If I was familiar with Outlook, Word, Excel, Sharepoint.

If I understood deadlines - heavy emphasis.

If I preferred working alone or as a team - they emphasized they needed a self-starter and someone who could work without supervision.

There were several behavioral questions like "Tell me about a time that you didn't work well with a supervisor" and "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a co-worker who wasn't doing their fair share of the work." The woman from HR was on the opposite side of the table of the principles and never interacted with me or the group.

It was strongly emphasized that this would not be a "creative position", and the duties would primarily consist of seasonally updating schedules, signs and websites.

The Marketing Manager personally called me to let me know they had a more qualified candidate, which I felt was very professional. I received a generic rejection letter from HR a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply a drop shadow to text in Adobe InDesign without using the drop shadow effect?   Answer Question
  • How would you send a large file? (I asked "how large?") 25MB (Keep in mind that Outlook has a default out-of-the-box attachment size limit of 20MB and that they primarily use Sharepoint for file shares.)   Answer Question
  • How would you set up a Twitter feed on a website?   Answer Question
  • Name two file types which support transparent backgrounds.   Answer Question

Worked for Roaring Fork Transportation Authority? Contribute to the Community!