Robbins-Gioia Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for the opportunity online. I was contacted via email and voicemail by a recruiter to schedule an initial phone call. We spoke about my experiences. She disclosed that although widely advertised the position didn't actually exist yet as the company was waiting on final contract approvals from a third party company. It became unclear to as to whether this job was a temporary contract job or a consulting assignment for a long term permanent consultant position. The recruiter couldn't answer or address that confusion. The recruiter suggested that i fill out an application so that she could thoroughly see what other red flags I posed. The wording of her statements turned me off plus the job was in a pending approval status so I just ceased contact with Robbins goia

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Robbins-Gioia (Washington, DC).

Interview

Phone Interview
    Face to face interview
    Customer interview
    HIred
    Process took 12 days from first call from recruiter to verbal offer from recruiters. This process was easy, fast, and comforting throughout my entire experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation was necessary

Consultant Interview

Interview

went thrugh an ad in newspaper, difficult to get to them, long wait, not good quesitons in interview. process took a long time. people were very cold, not friendly, did not meet other members of team only some of them

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia (Alexandria, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very Thorough. Discussed real work experience. Questions on how you would address specific situations. Also, what I could bring to the organization. How to blend my skills and energy with success to the client.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle challenges with a client?   1 Answer

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia (Alexandria, VA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 individuals, two from immediate working group, one from senior management; follow-up interview panel consisting of three senior staff (due to salary). Process was professional, polite, pleasant. Questions were straightforward, to the point and relevant to the job. No trick questions or attempts to throw me off base. No personality, technical skill or other tests. In all, one of the better experiences I've had in interviewing.

Interview Questions

• None; interview was thorough regarding technical project management and project management, but all questions were well within the boundaries of the discipline(s).   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation per se; company couldn't afford salary so the difference was split into a signing bonus for the first year with catch-up to my asking price after that. (Standard procedure).

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia (Corpus Christi, TX) in September 2008.

Interview

1. Phone interview
    2. Panel Interview: Research the company and what type of work the general industry does. Make sure you have the experience they are looking for. Make sure you are on time and look professional. Panel is typically laid back.
    3. Negotiate Salary: Don't sell yourself short.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary. Don't sell yourself short.

Principal Consulting Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia in January 2008.

Interview

The initial communications was via email, then phone interview with recruiter. Once that was done, a one on one interview was conducted and finally a one on group was done. A contingency offer, based on getting a clearance, was made. Once interim was awarded, hiring took place.

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a director on his program manager's performance?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter, who had no authority, acted as go between for management. Neqotiate salary last using the ploy that it's the least important as you're sure they are competitive.

Program Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia in September 2011.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter with initial screening. Was offered a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you cope with workplace stress?   1 Answer

Another opportunity.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Robbins-Gioia in April 2008.

Interview

Submitted resume. Initial phone interview. Then 1 on 1 inteview. Next group intervies. Asked about background check during 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain a conflict with a former customer and how you handled the conflict.   Answer Question

Accepted w different company offering better pay