Robert Allen Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Robert Allen

Candidate Interview Review

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Robert Allen (White Plains, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

The first round was a quick in-and-out kind of interview where I got to meet one of the head guys. He was nice enough, and the questions were easy typical interview questions. So, when they called me back for a second round, I made the drive. Their second round interview is a full-day job shadow. The second round was where their true colors came out. I was sent out with two frat-bro-ish guys who could only talk about sports and how lame other things were. They weren't rude to me, but were very rude when business owners didn't want to buy their product-- and even came out of some places cursing the owners/employees! Did I mention this is door-to-door direct sales to local businesses? They would park at one end of a plaza and walk all the way down, up the other side of the street, and then back to any place where the owner had "just stepped out." After dithering about lunch, we went to a pizza parlor where the unsuccessfully tried to sell to the owner before ordering. At least the pizza was good. At lunch they described to me the basic entry level position and the whole ladder along with salary. The salary option was decent if all you're trying to do is collect a paycheck-- which is what it seemed these guys were doing. After lunch, we continued to unsuccessfully try to sell to people. They hit plenty of places, but everyone turned them away or gave excuses that they didn't overcome. The highlight of the day was when we stopped twice at an arcade. The son was there and kept saying that the owner would be there soon-- we spent two hours playing games waiting. The games were a blast! The rest of the day was a flop. We walked 6 miles total- me in heels and a skirt. When they called me back this week to offer me a position, I thankfully had just accepted another position. So when I apologized and said I wasn't looking for a job anymore they were rude and hung up on me. Definitely glad not to be working with/for these guys. Definitely DO NOT recommend you even waste your time on them unless you're looking for a workout and to see how low humanity reaches.

Interview Questions