Robert Bosch India Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Robert Bosch India in September 2014.

Robert Bosch visited my college on sep-2 2014, There was a pre-placement talk first.
    The first round consisted of apti- 30 questions and technical-30 questions, each right answer carried 1 mark each and a wrong answer was awarded -0.25, the duration was 1 hr.
    134 people got shortlisted out of about 600 people.
    The second round was a technical interview, They mainly asked me C (storage classes, structures, unions, pointers etc), and a few questions on micro-controllers and logic design, and a lot of questions in the projects that I've done. The interview lasted 1 hr. about 50 people cleared the 2nd round.
    The 3rd round was a HR interview, whoever gets in here is almost in. basic questions were asked.
    finally 44 people were selected (including the people selected for mico bosch)

Interview Questions
    • 1) Rate your knowledge in C.
      2) what do your friends think about you?
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online – interviewed at Robert Bosch India in September 2014.

I attended off campus interview, 1st round is written test with 35 technical and 25 aptitude, shortlisted candidates will have technical interview followed by HR
    If Bosch visits ur college, then technical round will be your subject, like for EC- controls,opAmps, CKT given finding region of operation, microconroller basics, bit C
    and aptitude is mainly time/speed, time/work and puzzles(simple)
    As I attended off campus, its completely(technically) software paper, C,C++(for EC people difficult part, some programs with class),DBMS,Networking, I shocked but except C++, I knew maximum.

Shortlisted!!
    later technical round- the interviewer is so good, he started asking projects, I did projects in image processing, he also work there with image processing, so it went good. He extended my projects like small modules to every day life and asked the changes that I should make. Pretty god one, I never forget that interview in my life.
    You can imagine my happiness when technical interviewer saying words like- Excellent for my answers couple of times, if i ask time to think, after 5-10secs, he says "even I am thinking answer for that, let's both solve and find solution", Its been nice talking with you, His work experience, sharing other interesting facts.

Gave form to fill and later HR

HR is simple, but you should be confident, he starts with college name, CET rank, interest in higher studies

Interview Questions
    • I attended bosch written test in my college, didn't got selected, In HR round he asked reason for not selecting there, I said I had confusion in last year whether to study further or to work so I didn't prepared well, He asked GATE score, and said U will study further, I strongly said NO, but he didn't convinced   View Answer
    Be good in C, explain projects well, interesting way. In HR round, never talk about Higher studies, or don't tell other offer with high pay.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Written test was conducted by cocubes.There were technical, Aptitude,Reasoning and General English questions.Telephonic Interview with Technical and Personal interview.
    Overall Question pattern was difficult.The technical section especially was damn difficult.Mostly questions were from automobile engg,and Strength of materials

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Robert Bosch India in August 2014.

High level testing of technical skills. I was asked few HR kind of questions in technical interview as well. Overall it was good and nicely coordinated process. Technical for computer science stream involved questions from all most all possible subjects like OS, Networking, DBMS, C, Java and many more

Interview Questions
    • What one thing you would change in your college if u become principal of this college tomorow   Answer Question

C++ Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Bosch India in August 2014.

Technical face to face
    Asked basic C++ questions
    Asked about memory management
    OOps concepts Inheritance, Polymorphism, Virtual table, Dynamic binding, etc
    Be ready to write programs on paper.
    What is an inline function?
    Ans: when a function is used frequently for more number of times in our program, we declare the function with a keyword called “inline”. So that the function will be placed in RAM for easy accessing rather than accessing from the program memory all the time.
    How are macros different from functions?
    Ans: macros with operands looks similar to a function. But what makes the macros vary from functions is macros gets executed before the actual program is processed and functions are processed during the execution of program. Hence the time is saved in the case of macros rather than in the case of functions.
    In embedded systems perspective which is better to use. Macro or function?
    Ans: In embedded systems, since we deal with real time functioning, macros are said to be better compared to functions.
    What is a volatile keyword? How it helps in the embedded perspective?

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Bosch India in August 2014.

I applied through campus recruitment.
    First round - Technical/Aptitude test
                         Basics of almost all subjects were covered.
                        There were 35 Techical and 25 quant/verbal/logical questions to be completed over 70 minutes.

Second round- Technical Interview.
                            Again the emphasis was on foundations of the courses.
                            But more questions were asked on programming,operating systems,etc

Third round- HR Interview
                            The HR person was trying to see how well you would fit in the organization.
                             You have to align the company's needs with your interests.
                             Overall great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail the changes in a system when a function is called?   Answer Question

Fresher Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Robert Bosch India in August 2014.

First round was an aptitude + technical online test having 35 technical questions which were fairly tough and 25 aptitude with negative markings in all question. That was followed by 45 mins of interview with strong technical questions, especially tough questions on thermodynamics, followed by a simple HR interview.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Robert Bosch India in July 2014.

Had a online test followed by a technical and a hr interview. The whole process was a piece of cake. No unexpected questions anywhere. Technical Interviewer was much interested in c++ where i kept on telling him i'm good in java. He asked questions on overloading, pointers and other basic stuff.

Interview Questions
    • write a program in c++ to show everything i know in c++.   Answer Question

Trainee Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coimbatore (India)

interviewed at Robert Bosch India in July 2014.

The interview process consisted of 3 rounds, namely: the aptitude round, technical interview and HR interview. The aptitude round consisted of 60 questions where 30 were technical and 20 were either quantitative or verbal reasoning questions. The technical interview lasted for an hour. The HR interview was cool.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Round: My field of interest was VLSI. The interviewer asked me to draw the fabrication diagram of the MOSFET which I had forgotten.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer - Embedded Systems Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Bosch India.

1. Face to face interview - technical round (embedded systems) - Technical specialist took the interview
    2. followed by another face to face interview ( mix of technical and general) - Project Manager took the interview
    3. followed by HR interview
    4. Offer letter was given

Interview Questions
    • On mutex usage there was an interesting question. Strong C++ suggested   View Answer
    unfortunately i did not negotiate and they obviously gave me reduced offer. Please negotiate before you join