Robert Bosch LLC Interview Questions & Reviews

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Hiring process is a little slow, but due diligence must be done by the company so it's understandable. Interview process was actually a joy. It was panel style. The questions were position based and resume based. They also did a great job in thoroughly explaining the position, what I'd be doing, and how I could progress in my career afterwards.

Interview Questions
    Turns out their initial offer was firm and final, but it was good enough for me to start. Bosch's total compensation package is very competitive and fair. I was very pleased with it.

Customer Logistics Planning Co-Op Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in November 2012.

I had applied to a different job via a posting on my college's career website and the HR recruiter e-mailed me back regarding the customer logistics planning co-op. I agreed to apply for the position instead.
    I had two interviews, both over the phone: the first was with the manager of the department and the second was with the team leader. Basically they described the position, hours, what they needed most from an employee and asked a series of typical situational interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Situation questions, i.e. what would you do if you were faced with a problem you weren't sure how to solve.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in February 2012.

Very fast process. Submitted resume and was contacted within two days by recruiter. Had an offer within a few days of interview. Required multiple rounds of negotiation with HR to get the current market appropriate salary.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very straight forward. They were in line with the job description and there were no surprises.   Answer Question
    I thought they tried to low-ball during the negotiation process. Make sure to stand your ground and negotiate. Don't accept the initial offer.

UI Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in July 2014.

Great - always knew what to expect. They got in touch two months after my initial application and were really nice and positive. Spoke with two members of the small team in Palo Alto including a manager and walked them through a project (humor helps) that was about 3D IxD. Asked about how the company works and was warned it wasn't like a design firm but was engineer driven, which is expected. Got contacted within ten days like they said with a simple design challenge related to the project that took about the expected three hours excluding presentation and formatting. Sent it in, and got an offer two days later.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Anderson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in August 2011.

The hiring process was not difficult. Most of the work was performed via professional recruiters. Interviews were conducted with people I eventually would report to. The interview process was conducted over the phone and then an on-site group review. Both were very helpful in informing about the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were relevant to the position and responsibilities, or to the company.   Answer Question
    Offer was accepted without negotiation.

Human Resource Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clemson, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clemson, SC

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in March 2010.

Interviewed at College campus by three Bosch employees. We had about 15-20 minutes to ask and answer questions about the position. They take notes and then will call you if they want to make an offer.

No negotiation

Credit Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

The interviewing and hiring process. Was handled in a very professional manner. The process for the time I submitted my resume until I accepted the position took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected. Most questions were directed at how I would handle the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question
    There was some negotiation. We met in the middle

Bosch Energy Research Network (BERN) Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plymouth, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in March 2012.

I got called in March of 2012 for an interview at the Plymouth, MI office. Went and did the interview and was told straight up that they were impressed with my knowledge but that they had one or two more candidates left to interview and they wanted to go through everybody before reaching a decision. I got a call a week later notifying me that they wanted to extend an offer. Got an offer not too long after.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were highly technical: Do you know the operation of a Boost Converter? Do you know about Switching losses? Do you know how a PID controller operates.

I had to stand on a whiteboard and explain with diagrams, equations, etc. I knew everything except the switching losses question.
        Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Applied online and received a response within a week.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview was very easy. I was asked what I knew about the company.   Answer Question
    nonnegotiable

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in November 2013.

I found the opening position on a career services website my schools offers. I applied through the website and I also sent an email to the contact person on the job posting letting them know a bit about myself and that I have applied through the website. I also asked what are the next steps I should take. They called be a week or two after asked for a sit-down interview. I was interviewed the first time in November. They asked me questions regarding my skills/experiences. Then they told me the tasks I would be doing if I was hired and asked me what skills I have to prove that I'm a good candidate for the tasks. Then they asked me programming questions and what I am (or not) able to do. I haven't heard from them for about two months afterwards even though I sent them a follow up email thanking them for the interview. After the two months, I emailed the interviewer again asking for the status of the position. The day after I sent the email, they contacted me asked for a second interview. They pretty much gave me a second chance at which I was offered the intern position on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • What is the zero-zero when working with Autodesk Inventor or Catia?   View Answer
    • What do you know about embedded systems?   Answer Question
    • Come up with a solution to this problem using C and C++.   Answer Question

Worked for Robert Bosch LLC? Contribute to the Community!