Robert Bosch LLC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Quality Technician Interview

Quality Technician
Kentwood, MI

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in June 2012.

Interview Details – This took a long time, but I was updated regularly and kept in the loop about how it was a start up plant and would take a long while to become hired. The hiring recruiter was a top-notch recruiter, and assured me throughout that it took time.

Interview Question – What is section 4.7.3 of the ISO Standard? I said I was an expert in this area...   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was much better than I ever anticipated. The benefits are great!

Business Development Interview

Business Development

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview Details – Start with either phone interview, or brief interview in a town closest to you. If you pass the initial interview they will email you a case study that will have to be submitted to them within a week. It will take you a week to complete it. The next step is an interview at their US headquarters in Farmington Hills, Michigan. It will last most of the day and is extremely intense with multiple interviews and even a group case study which you will be observed doing. There a few fun things sprinkled in, but overall it is a very intense process and you will be glad to leave.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are the ones relating to the case study.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Rotational Development Program Interview

Supply Chain Rotational Development Program
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in January 2013.

Interview Details – Met Bosch at a career fair. Was told to apply online. Applied got a phone interview, with basic behavioral questions. About 2 months later I was asked to come in to an assessment at a certain date. Supply Chain Group of 4 canidates in the morning and 4 in the afternoon. 3 total interviews for each canidate. First was 2 panel interviews, then gave a presentation about my prior internships. Lastly we had a group case study while all interviewers watched us work. Then we presented to them.

Interview Question – How have you changed a process or procedure?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Still waiting for a call back.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Human Resources Representative
Anderson, SC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in May 2009.

Interview Details – After the phone interview, there was a day of in person interviews--group and one on one.

Interview Question – No tricky questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation happened informally through the recuriting firm. They gave me a little more than I requested.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in March 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview with HR and department VP, after submitting resume directly to HR department. Required 3 employment references. Typical interview questions: "why this company?", "what do you have to offer?", "what are your weaknesses?" etc. Received call-back within 3 or 4 days with offer of employment. Most external job postings are online, though company website but also third-party sites like LinkedIn, Monster, etc.

Interview Question – No specific technical questions, but be sure to mention proficiency with Office software and outline any relevant experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation - company has standard entry-level pay, benefits, hours, etc.

Research Intern Interview

Research Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in May 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume on website. After a few month, got an interview in the last minute. And went there for the whole summer.

Interview Question – General question about my research and what I know.   Answer Question

Junior Management Program - Engineering Interview

Junior Management Program - Engineering
Farmington Hills, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview Details – Had a campus interview and was invited to an onsite interview in Farmington Hill, MI. The campus interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The onsite interview is all day in MI, consists of a 15 to 20 minute technical presentation and two additional behavioral type interviews.

Interview Question – There is one more round which is a group oriented problem solving type interview. You are given a department and you have to face a 'budget cut' and you have to try to persuade the others in your group why your department is more important than the other people's in the group. You have about 20 minutes to figure out what gets cut and what division within your department will get the cut, if any.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC.

Interview Details – The position was at their research branch in North America. I applied through academic community e-mailing list, 3 weeks before I got contacted for setting up an interview.
Only 1 phone interview about 30 minutes duration with probably 2 people from them. Conversation was all about technologies that I've used and especially how I worked around the problems if any in my previous projects (I was then several yrs professional who went back to school for higher degree), meaning there were no questions regarding programming languages / algorithm (except for the one asking if I've used the specific language they planned to use).
I thought I did poorly but got an offer.

Interview Question – Not really difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The only negotiable was starting period. Payment seems fixed for interns. I told them the ending period is flexible but they assigned the shortest period w/o negotiating.

Very Easy Interview

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op Interview

Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
Charleston, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in March 2010.

Interview Details – Just asked about previous job experience, why they should hire me, tell me about yourself type questions. Nothing difficult. Interview lasted maybe a half hour. He asked what kind of car I drove and what my interests in cars were since it was for an automotive parts manufacturing job.

Interview Questions

Logistics Planning Intern Interview

Logistics Planning Intern
Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Robert Bosch LLC in August 2011.

Interview Details – I initially knew a few engineering interns who provided me with an HR contact. I emailed them my resume, but they were not looking for people with an International Business background at that time.

They emailed me a year later and called me for a phone interview that had your basic, why should we hire you? what do you know about the company? when would you be available to work? Go over your resume for me etc. They called me up a few hours later and told me I got the job!

Since it was an internship position: just research the company, be confident in your answers and prepare

This is very unusual as the company usually presses any applicants to apply online first and then go through HR.

Interview Question – What do you know about Bosch?   View Answer