Robert Charles Lesser & Co.

www.rclco.com
  www.rclco.com

Robert Charles Lesser & Co. Interview Questions

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

3.3

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

First was a resume drop with a cover letter. If you made it past the initial screening then there was an online problem solving test with a request for your transcript and a writing sample. Then the next phase was a 30 minute phone interview with a consultant. They sneak in a technical question in the phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • They disguise a technical question based on the flow of the conversation.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

After an initial on-campus interview I was asked to fill out a web quiz online. Then I was brought into the office to meet a number of different directors and also had a skype interview with the CEO.

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at RCLCO in June 2013. Basic mortgage and annuity questions, finance based. There was an online test before which had basic yet challenging real estate questions and economics.

Interview Questions
    • Had 5 interviews in the office lasting 3 hours. Very dull office building, people seemed stressed and relatively unhappy to be there. Good pay though so that could explain the long hours   Answer Question

I had another offer

Summer Intern Interview

The first round is an online web quiz. One-time access with one hour response time. It is a mix 5 qualitative and quantitative questions pertaining to real estate. For my part, one is about investment opportunity analysis of different markets, one is about calculating salary when it is associated with CPI. And there are some questions ask you to calculate the gross rental area and building footprint area using some data like FAR. They could be quite easy to people who have experiences in real estate industry. I was informed by email that the office I applied (DC) had been filled short after my completion of the test. I'm not sure if it is a euphemistic way of telling me I did poorly on the quiz and failed to pass.

Interview Questions
    • Investment opportunity recommendation from 6 different cities' official markets. I was asked to analyze in some given aspects.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in March 2014.

Applied online, and was contacted promptly for a phone interview. Following that had a final Skype interview with 4 employees. Overall a very efficient, friendly and transparent process. The office manager who scheduled all of my interviews responded to all of my emails promptly and was very helpful.
    The only negative was that I didn't appreciate being asked for (and having to contact) my references when it was fairly clear they had already made a hiring decision based on the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Very brief qualitative/quantitative case questions in phone interview and online. Quite easy if you have worked in real estate (or related before). Simple math generally. Technical questions included compare real estate data from various cities and make a recommendation, and floor-area-ratio calculations.
      Standard interview questions in Skype interview: describe a time you worked in a team, describe analysis you undertook, describe something you worked on that you're proud of.

Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

1) Quantitative test (via Excel)
    2) Phone-screening
    3) On-site, "Round Robin" style interview
    4) Skype interview with CEO

Interview Questions
    • No questions were entirely unexpected. First two rounds involved some quantitative analysis, and last two rounds focused mainly on culture and fit.   View Answer
    Very honest, fair, and straight-forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in January 2014.

The interview process took some time with 3 rescheduled interviews. There is a phone interview, online quiz, and an interview with rotating members of the office. You coordinate with the hiring manager who may not be in your physical location

Interview Questions
    • Hypothetical Questions regarding steps taken with a client. Example: A developer is looking to build a 400 unit condominium in a retirement community, what are the first metrics you look at"   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

The interview process consisted of three steps for me. First, I had an on-campus interview with two senior level people. It was mostly behavioral; they asked about my experience, my interests, my thoughts on real estate, ect. About a week later, I was given a five question online web quiz, which tested quantitative and qualitative abilities. I didn't think it was too difficult, but I guess a lot of people are eliminated at this level, so make sure you really check your answers. A bit later I was asked to come in for a final day of interviews. I had about four interviews, each maybe 30-45 minutes. Three of them had more than one interviewer, and the fourth was a one-on-one with the CEO.

Note: There were some problems with my emails making it through the company's server, and for a while they thought I was just being unresponsive. If you don't hear back, be persistent until you get a response.

Interview Questions
    • The whole interview with the CEO. He asked lots of difficult personality questions in rapid succession.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. As an senior in college, you don't have much leverage. That being said, my starting salary was good, I have no complaints.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in October 2013.

Online quiz followed by phone interview. Began through on-campus MBA resume collection. Was not invited to in-person interview, but that would've been the next step

Interview Questions
    • Given variables about a building, neighborhood, space, costs, and comparable cities, make a decision about where to develop.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in August 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a week later for an online web quiz composed of quantitative and real estate questions. After that was a phone interview that was very real estate focused. If you are interested in this position be ready to answer

Interview Questions

I realized I am interested in economic analysis but not to do with real estate.