Robert Charles Lesser & Co.
www.rclco.com Bethesda, MD 50 to 149 Employees

Robert Charles Lesser & Co. Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in January 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process took some time with 3 rescheduled interviews. There is a phone interview, online quiz, and an interview with rotating members of the office. You coordinate with the hiring manager who may not be in your physical location

Interview Question – Hypothetical Questions regarding steps taken with a client. Example: A developer is looking to build a 400 unit condominium in a retirement community, what are the first metrics you look at"   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and was contacted promptly for a phone interview. Following that had a final Skype interview with 4 employees. Overall a very efficient, friendly and transparent process. The office manager who scheduled all of my interviews responded to all of my emails promptly and was very helpful.
The only negative was that I didn't appreciate being asked for (and having to contact) my references when it was fairly clear they had already made a hiring decision based on the interviews.

Interview Question – Very brief qualitative/quantitative case questions in phone interview and online. Quite easy if you have worked in real estate (or related before). Simple math generally. Technical questions included compare real estate data from various cities and make a recommendation, and floor-area-ratio calculations.
Standard interview questions in Skype interview: describe a time you worked in a team, describe analysis you undertook, describe something you worked on that you're proud of.
  Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

Interview Details – The first round is an online web quiz. One-time access with one hour response time. It is a mix 5 qualitative and quantitative questions pertaining to real estate. For my part, one is about investment opportunity analysis of different markets, one is about calculating salary when it is associated with CPI. And there are some questions ask you to calculate the gross rental area and building footprint area using some data like FAR. They could be quite easy to people who have experiences in real estate industry. I was informed by email that the office I applied (DC) had been filled short after my completion of the test. I'm not sure if it is a euphemistic way of telling me I did poorly on the quiz and failed to pass.

Interview Question – Investment opportunity recommendation from 6 different cities' official markets. I was asked to analyze in some given aspects.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

Interview Details – 1) Quantitative test (via Excel)
2) Phone-screening
3) On-site, "Round Robin" style interview
4) Skype interview with CEO

Interview Question – No questions were entirely unexpected. First two rounds involved some quantitative analysis, and last two rounds focused mainly on culture and fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very honest, fair, and straight-forward.

Senior Associate Interview

Senior Associate
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in October 2013.

Interview Details – Online quiz followed by phone interview. Began through on-campus MBA resume collection. Was not invited to in-person interview, but that would've been the next step

Interview Question – Given variables about a building, neighborhood, space, costs, and comparable cities, make a decision about where to develop.   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of three steps for me. First, I had an on-campus interview with two senior level people. It was mostly behavioral; they asked about my experience, my interests, my thoughts on real estate, ect. About a week later, I was given a five question online web quiz, which tested quantitative and qualitative abilities. I didn't think it was too difficult, but I guess a lot of people are eliminated at this level, so make sure you really check your answers. A bit later I was asked to come in for a final day of interviews. I had about four interviews, each maybe 30-45 minutes. Three of them had more than one interviewer, and the fourth was a one-on-one with the CEO.

Note: There were some problems with my emails making it through the company's server, and for a while they thought I was just being unresponsive. If you don't hear back, be persistent until you get a response.

Interview Question – The whole interview with the CEO. He asked lots of difficult personality questions in rapid succession.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. As an senior in college, you don't have much leverage. That being said, my starting salary was good, I have no complaints.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted a week later for an online web quiz composed of quantitative and real estate questions. After that was a phone interview that was very real estate focused. If you are interested in this position be ready to answer

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the real estate market   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I realized I am interested in economic analysis but not to do with real estate.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co..

Interview Details – One short interview on-campus. Straight forward questions. A few real estate focused questions.

Asked to take online quiz. VERY short amount of time for the number of questions. The questions had to do with real estate market assessment, location quotients, interpreting charts, etc.

Associate Position Interview

Associate Position
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in December 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus and was then invited to an interview in Orlando for a job in that office. Everything was pretty standard, and they did not comp me for the travel expenses. The interview was round robin, and one of the sessions was a sort of mini case interview -- "given this location, the client wants to know whether to build here or here," or something like that.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was "What do you like about real estate," since I do not have a real estate background.   Answer Question

Associate II Interview

Associate II
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview which was basically walking through my resume. After that they asked me to take a web assessment which wasn't too difficult. Afterwards they contacted me asking me to fly out to LA for final rounds. HR was a little sketchy (didn't let me know how to get reimbursed) but overall it was a good experience. For final rounds it was a round-robin with the senior staff in the office including the CEO. Mostly general stuff about my resume and how I would like living in LA if I came there. Interviews felt fairly rushed and sometimes they doubled up.

Interview Question – What makes you think you'd be a good fit.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Tried Negotiating, basically told me I could accept it or not. I decided I liked it better than my other offers.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Robert Charles Lesser & Co.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Robert Charles Lesser & Co. interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Robert Charles Lesser & Co. employees and interview candidates.